Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #11
Mouseketeers4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brerrabbit View Post
I am being way to optimistic, or perhaps I am niave, but in reading the NYT aticle I gathered that the old system with paper based tickets would still be in place. Maybe the ticket media changes from paper to a wristband, but the idea that you show up one day buy a ticket and walk in the park, then there will still be FP's available to you in the same manner they are available today. If so then I could very easily believe that as a wristband user who has preplanned you 3 FP's that you would still be able to acquire more during the day, they would just have to fit into the schedule of you pre acquired ones. ie you preplan FP's for three rides first thing in the morning (although why I don't know because they are more valuble later in the day, but hey it's just an example) as soon as the ride time for you last FP is reached, let's say 11:00 am, then you become effectively the same as everyone else who bought a ticket that day and are eligible under the same rules as today to get a FP. On the other hand if you schedule you 3 preplanned ones to sart at say 6:00 pm then the ride time for your last FP gotten the old way have to be prior to 6:00pm. So all you are getting in the new system is a way to preplan three rides a day and then do the rest of the day the same way you do it today.

I will not get caught up in bashing the new system till we see it in all it's glory. The article says the implementation of the system is costing a lot and the only way the Board approved it was because they justified it would increase revenues via increased attendence and increased guest spending. The real kicker is that you are now wearing on you wrist you park admission, room key and credit card. Loss of such will prompt immediate action to stop the finder from using it. Lost kids are easier to find because all a CM has to do is scan the band and it will identify their location and name. Parents looking for kids will get immediate feedback on the childs location.

Regardless good bad or indifferent, it is coming.
I haven't been through all the replies yet so maybe someone beat me to it, but you can't use the FastPass+ system and the regular FastPass system. It's one or the other (for as long as the old system is still around). For the +, you will get whatever ones you reserve for your wristband and that's it. You can't also go and collect more regular, paper fast passes while you're in the park. You'll have to ride standby for any rides you didn't pre-plan for FastPass. There are also a lot of limitations as to which rides you can choose because of the way they group them. Each day's FastPasses have to be all for the same park too.
Mouseketeers4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: