Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #16
Giselle22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
We schedule our trips around bye weeks and Sunday, Monday night games, when POR has the big tv on! LOL!!
I'm sure if it were up to DH our trips would be scheduled the same way! Unfortunately for him I didn't factor playoffs into our trip lol
Giselle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #17
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

In my family it is me who is the football FANatic! My DS 27 tells people he didn't even get fed if the game was on. Really! Come on! I fed him before or during halftime! Lol!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #18
cladams
Earning My Ears

Big River Grille is a great spot. They have two huge TVs at the bar. The only downside is that there aren't a lot of seats. I have been able to watch both NFL playoffs and college games here. Most people try to get to ESPN and they skip Big River. If you do decide to go outside Disney consider Buffalo Wild Wings. There are a few near WDW. There are a ton of tvs there. Hope that helps.

Chris
cladams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #19
Giselle22
Mouseketeer

I'll definitely check out Big River, I'd much rather stay on property if possible! If we do go off property I'm pretty sure we'll try Ale House--DH really doesn't like Buffalo Wild Wings
Old 01-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #20
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Paradiso 37 in DTD in the bar area. We sat there for quite a long time on our Anniversary so my dh could watch the games. The bartender was great and kept switching channels to the different games.. It also helped that he was a huge football fan as were many of the other servers there as they kept checking in for the score.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #21
DizzneyDi
Mouseketeer

How about just picking up some adult beverages and snacks, ordering in a pizza, and watching in your room? DS and I are avid NASCAR fans and that's how we watched the Atlanta night race while staying at OKW in September. Special bonuses: nice big screen tv, lying down to watch was an option, and no annoying Dale Jr. fans to deal with!

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus -- Mark Twain
DizzneyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #22
likeadream
Earning My Ears

I would just watch it in the hotel room... But does he really want to start his vacation off on a bad note- I would hate for him to be upset when the Packers win

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

January 2012 Offsite Honeymoon
January 2013 POP Century
May 2013 Yacht Club

NEXT TRIP... January 2014 Port Orleans Riverside
likeadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #23
Giselle22
Mouseketeer

I don't really care about football so I'd rather go out somewhere than stay in the room....but, depending on what time he actually arrives at the resort, he might prefer to stay in the room if the game's already started so he won't have to miss anything getting to a restaurant And in that case I imagine my family would probably hang out and have a few drinks, and we can all just ditch him long enough to eat the dinner we have planned at Boatwright's I suppose it will all depend on the time and what sort of mood he's in after traveling all day!
Thank you so much to everyone for all the suggestions!

Likeadream, I spent a really long time trying to think of a good comeback .... buuuuut, like I said, I don't really care about football and I just got nothin! But boy oh boy I'm sure DH would have some words for you
Old 01-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #24
nkereina
Wendy Darling

There is a Buffalo Wild Wings not far from DTD. Similar atmosphere to ESPN but probably less crazy.

If you are near ESPN, it might be worth peaking your head in to see if you can get a spot. We watched football there in the fall and it was a really fun atmosphere.

POR will have it on as others have said, we watched some college football at their lounge. We also watched a lot of sports from the Poly lounge. It's bigger than the lounge at POR also.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #25
tcna
Earning My Ears

Orlando Ale House is really close to DTD and reasonably priced.
tcna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #26
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

I just watched a couple NCAA bball games at the Tambu Lounge. It was great bc there were 2 large TVs very close to the seating (sometimes I find the TVs at Disney to be too small or too high up for those of us nearsighted folks to see...)

I would definitely go here again to watch sports. Since most of the people at this lounge are waiting to eat at Ohana and aren't sitting long, they don't care what is on the TVs, and the bartenders will tune each TV to whatever channel you ask, provided, someone else hasn't already requested a different channel.
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #27
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
There is a Buffalo Wild Wings not far from DTD. Similar atmosphere to ESPN but probably less crazy.

If you are near ESPN, it might be worth peaking your head in to see if you can get a spot. We watched football there in the fall and it was a really fun atmosphere.

POR will have it on as others have said, we watched some college football at their lounge. We also watched a lot of sports from the Poly lounge. It's bigger than the lounge at POR also.
Buffalo Wild Wings would be a great place to watch! They have tons of big screens TV showing various games.

I would have to also recommend one of my daughter's cheerleading friends grandfather's chain Beef O' Brady's.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: