Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #31
jessp1021
*Dreamin of Disney*

We debated on this subject for our 4yr old who will be 5 when we go down..after a trip to the zoo I was DEFINITELY sold on getting one..I have found if she has a stroller she is more comfortable, I have somewhere to hang my bag instead of carrying it, and the underneath basket is AWESOME for bottled waters I am definitely team stroller! Enjoy your trip!
'06 Honeymoon..Brought back an extra special souvenir..our own little minnie mouse 9mo's later!!! '07 First Family Trip '08 First time on the Dining Plan AND first flight for both kids '10 Birthday Celebration trip for DS '12 Princess Trip for DD '14 Birthday Celebration for DD

"A Christian walks by FAITH...not by FEELINGS"
jessp1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #32
ALMomof2
Earning My Ears

Stoll'er!

Hi All! I followed this thread closely before our trip last May. I had DD7 and DS4, and rented without a doubt. Our DD7 is needy, whiny, and puny in heat under pressure. Yes, kids tire out quicker than adults. We do a marathon-type touring plan so putting the weak link in a stroller makes GREAT sense. DD4 could have totally walked

SO, we rented a double City Elite (goes up to 50") from Kingdom Strollers and will shout to the rooftops how AWESOME they were and the stroller was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was only $80 for the week!!!!!! The brutal Florida sun is unforgiving...those extra large canopies ROCKED!!!! I felt so sorry for all the people with umbrella strollers with no/small canopies. The doubles collapse easily for a man or larger/stronger woman. I would not rec. to a single mom with children riding Disney transportation. If you have an extra adult on hand, go for it. If you're in your car, go for it! They deliver and pick up at Disney resorts- no hauling a stroller through the airport!
ALMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #33
Kemorr
Mouseketeer

Last year when we went my twins turned 4 the 3rd day we were there and my oldest was 5, almost 6. We rented a double City Mini from Discount Stroller Rentals and also had a single umbrella for the older one. We made the older one walk most of the time but she gets jealous that her younger sibs get to ride and that results in whining and pouting, so it was just better for all of us to have the stroller option for her. Plus it was very hot, so she did get tired more easily and having the strollers helped us move more quickly. Also, I LOVE having the stroller to carry all the stuff, I can't imagine carrying that myself! The City Mini is an awesome stroller, easy to fold, light, great to push. For our next trip, I am doing it solo with the 3 kids, so I am going to rent a double for the twins (will be just 5) and will get a buggy board for the older one (will be almost 7). I figure that will help me keep them all together, move through the parks quickly and help minimize tiredness.
Kemorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #34
momto3boysillbe
Mouseketeer

We just went in Oct 2012 and we have 5 & 7 year old boys that fought over our single stroller. I knew the 5 year old would use it but thought the 7 year old wouldn't. Boy was wrong. It is an exhausting place to be when you go all day at the parks like we do. We mainly left the double stroller at home because its harder to get on and off the buses but I think we'll take it when we go back in April.
momto3boysillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #35
cmusschoot
DIS Veteran

another thought

As a random thought, sometimes having the kids in a stroller when exiting a park (say after fireworks) is WAY easier than trying to hang on to their hands whole walking in a HUGE mass of people.

Rnadom...
Old 01-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #36
ALMomof2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmusschoot View Post
As a random thought, sometimes having the kids in a stroller when exiting a park (say after fireworks) is WAY easier than trying to hang on to their hands whole walking in a HUGE mass of people.

Rnadom...
ABSOLUTELY Agree! I do make sure to not bump people's ankles in front of me, but I can't say the same of everyone!!
ALMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #37
Kristian
Mouseketeer

In September, my dd who was 3 at the time, definitely needed a stroller. We are now planning on a trip in May and she turned 4 in November, and we wouldn't even dream of going to Disney and not renting a stroller. She hasn't been in a stroller at home since around age 2. We do trips to the mall and places fine, but a mall outing is nothing of the magnitude that Disney is. Heck, if I could fit in a stroller at Disney, I swear I'd plop my butt in one for a rest My dd was 43 inches tall when we were there last and she fit fine in a Disney stroller with plenty of room. I have seen many older children in strollers as well and really, I could care less. Its not as if your going around the mall pushing your 8 year old in a stroller. Its not as if when walking into say the MK at rope drop that you rent a stroller and your 8 year old hops in from the get go either. I'm sure that she'll walk the majority, if not all of the time, while there, but if she can fit in a stroller and it gives her an opportunity to rest her legs, why not? Who is it hurting? I've seen it done plenty of times. Someone, somewhere is always going to have something to say, regardless the situation. Resting and taking breaks is an option, but for us right now, a stroller is a must. Would I rent a stroller if I didn't have children under 6 years old in tow and it was only us with our 8 year old, probably not. But, if you've got a younger one and there is room for another child and they fit, I see no harm. To each their own. I'm not judging either way.

Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 AM   #38
disneymagicgirlsdd
Earning My Ears

This is really embarassing, but I rode in the stroller when I was 11. (I know, ridiculous). I was insanely sick and throwing up and was too young to be left at the hotel room alone. I was in the double stroller with my brother (2 at the time) and it wasn't that bad of a squeeze. Granted, I'm still pretty tiny for my age, but I'm sure that it'll be fine for an 8 year old. Good luck!

Btw, we had this stroller one year and it was awesome. It would probably be good for her because she'll be able to ride on the back without squishing into the Disney stroller. My only problem with the Disney one was the little awning on it. I couldn't sit up straight and had some serious neck cramping throughout the day.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #39
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

She will fit fine in a disney rental. My 7 yr old took turns riding in the stroller on our trip and she had no issues at all.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #40
missycj96
DIS Veteran

Strollers are great. Of course dd7 would never use one at home but we rented a double for last summer. If you rent one from a stroller service like orlando strollers or magic strollers you even get a parent tray with a
missycj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #41
jengrabinski
Earning My Ears

We rent for our 4 & 7 year old. Especially Epcot, it's a lot of walking!
jengrabinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #42
crazyboutdisny
Mouseketeer

We were there in March of 2012 and my daughter was 8 and yes, I rented a stroller from Orlando Strollers....and was really glad I did! We didnt use it everyday...only on the days we were at the parks the entire day and into that late evening. I traveled without my husband and it just made everything less stressful for me and my traveling companions. And I also felt alot safer having her confined to a stroller while leaving in a crowd and enabled me to keep an eye on my group.

March 2012 POR
Oct 2010 POP
June 2001*offsite*
May 1998 *offsite*
crazyboutdisny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: