Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #16
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

We've ear marked Seaworld, IOA and Universal as taking up one day each. We plan on hitting Seaworld early, getting the shows we want to see done and Manta and Kraken then we'll leave after a bit of a browse.
As for Universal, we plan on doing a late morning arrival and staying til mid to late evening depending on DS and hiw hes getting on. I find theres not a whole lot that attracts me there but my parents have never done the Universal parks so we're going there for them.
Now for IOA I plan on being there for opening and hitting WWOHP straight away. In May 2010 DH and I did IOA in about 2.5 hours but only cause we did Harry Potter first, got through all the main stuff except Jurassic Park which was down but just in case we've put a whole day aside for that park on our upcoming May trip. The upside of the Universal parks is you can buy the Express pass if its busy and just bypass the lines. We've done it before on busy days and its saved us a tonne of time! Just an idea if you choose to do both parks in one day and they end up busier than you'd like.

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #17
zippy99
DIS Veteran

I would consider 'half days' too. We would often get up and do the key rides in one park and then head to another resort for lunch and then off to another park. You get the benefit of a quieter lunch service in a boardwalk/monorail resort plus the travelling and break are a welcome relief. This is a huge perk to staying onsite.

Personally I LOVE Animal Kingdom and with two walk-through Animal safaris and lots of shows and Bugs Life there is lots to do in an afternoon when ride queues are longer - I find that doing Kilamanjaro Safari and the two walk thru treks would be way to much animal watching in one day - but all are worth seeing.

I would try to get to ALL the disney parks MK/EP/HS & AK in the first week and then leave a couple of days or mornings/afternoons unplanned in the second week to do the things you saw but did not quite manage.

Disneyworld Orlando - AKL, Disney Dream & Contemporary - October 2014 Disneyworld Orlando - Wilderness Lodge & RPR - August 2013
Disneyworld Orlando - RPR & CBR - August 2012 Florida Emerald Island Resort - October 2011
Disneyworld Orlando - OKW - October 2010 Disneyworld Orlando - POFQ - September 2009
Disneyworld Orlando - Pop Century - January 2008 Disneyland Paris - DisneyLand Hotel - Christmas 2006
Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - October 2005 Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - March 2004
zippy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #18
irenep
DIS Veteran

I like your plan- it's very similar to the way I do mine

I don't think it has been mentioned yet but do you really think you will be awake enough to enjoy the preferred fireworks at MK on your first full day? I know we are always in bed by then and it takes us a few days to adjust to the time zone. Personally, I would schedule that for later in the holiday.
What we do at the start is try to work with the EMH schedule as those first few days are when we are most likely to be awake really early and are great for making the most of early entry before the parks get busy.

If you do go to the Malls on a Sunday then check the closing times - some close earlier than expected (I usually forget that)
Old 01-06-2013, 03:02 AM   #19
tinks_1989
need a like button

We always plan shopping days at the weekend and never had a problem and always found parking with no trouble.

Our plan this year is Florida mall Saturday morning be there for near enough opening depending on time of its closes to lunch we will go back for a swim then come back in the evening. Sunday we will head to mall at millennia and do others like Walmart and target.

We avoid theme parks at the weekend if we can. I remember having an ADR at tutto italia in October food and wine and free dining we could barely move.

Do you have a car to be able to visit the shops when ever you feel free? If you feel like you have had enough in the park one day you could always head to the malls in the afternoon. We used to go to the malls after our water park day but now DH and I only rent a car for the weekend as we just don't use it enough.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 AM   #20
fairytale
DIS Veteran

Hiya

Having visited Florida many times now and surfed these forums for hours it surprises me how differently people plan their days, and I think this is very individual to you and your family, however you will get all the advise you need here

As has already been mentioned I think planning to still be standing on your first full day at MK fireworks is fairly brave.

We hit a wall around 6pm on our first day but try our best to keep going, however we feel irritable and snappy. I think it may ruin your firework experience if you do this the first day. A thought maybe to schedule this in later on in your holiday say maybe after an AK day (an early closing park), or waterpark?

Also, in my opinion the preferred fireworks viewing area at MK is not great, you will have a much better view from the Main Street. Its ok if you have seen the fireworks before, but for your first time I would want to have the best view possible

Annette x
Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #21
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

There is some excellent advise on here but as individuals you will see for yourselves that even with a plan you may well not stick to it. I always do a schedule and do a reserve one (sounds silly I know). I always do MK on the first day and stayed all day most times but have gone back to the hotel in the afternoon had a swim and then gone back for wishes.
As for shopping have been on sat sun and a thursday and found them all ok. Mind you have been in sept nov and dec so may be quieter then.
Just go with a plan and just think to yourselves its a guide. Dont make it a chore as you are there to enjoy every minute.
Looking forward to hear your future plans

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
The First Davenger
Disney Rookie

Quality stuff here folks, thanks a bunch! We're going to have a bit of a play around with our plans in the coming weeks based on the information you guys have given us

Thank you again, you lovely lot!

OhanaSam <3
The First Davenger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: