Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
telephoneman66
Mouseketeer

Downtown disney restaurants Fun for tweens/teens?

Thinking of trying Raglan Road and/or T Rex. Opinions ?
telephoneman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
Iadoreeeyore
Earning My Ears

I have never eaten at Raglan Road but plan on doing so on our next visit after seeing the reviews. I have eaten at T-Rex a few times and am not really impressed. The food is pricey because you are paying for the atmosphere. I think its sister restaurant The Rain Forest Cafe has much better food for around the same prices.

Off Property 5/1990, CBR 2/1994, CBR 5/2006 (Disneymoon), Off Property 12/2011 (Pop Warner Super Bowl), DYC 5/2012 (Pop Warner Scholastics Banquet) , Off Property Emerald Isle 12/2012 (Pop Warner Super Bowl), Off Property Emerald Isle 12/2013 (Pop Warner Super Bowl), 2014???

Iadoreeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
BuffaloJim
Mouseketeer

Yes, you're paying for the atmosphere at T-Rex. And that atmosphere would be great for young teens and tweens.
BuffaloJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
mickyminnie890
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - That is was all started by a mouse" ~ Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephoneman66 View Post
Thinking of trying Raglan Road and/or T Rex. Opinions ?
Raglan Road is some good Fish & chips if your up for that. T-Rex is good and like others said it's paying for the atmosphere, the food is similar to Rainforest Cafe. T-Rex has a really long wait for reservation when you arrive, just warning you. Rainforest Cafe is quite busy but I guess it depends on the day. There both fun for tweens/teens, it's like the restuarant comes to life. So I do recommend it. If your into some different restaurants for whole family, there is Wolfgang Puck on either side of Downtown Disney, the bigger restuarant is on the westside. The quick one is on eastside located just near Rainforest Cafe. Also Portobello next to Raglan Road is really good italian food. I went there just recently, and I loved it. Hope this helped!

WDW - Lost count of how many times I've gone there.
Disney Dream-3/28/14, 6/26/14
mickyminnie890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
lilo12
Earning My Ears

I personally love T-Rex. It's fun and interesting, and I happen to also really enjoy the food. Rainforest Cafe is great, but they have one in Animal Kingdom so I usually don't go to the one in Downtown.
lilo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #6
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Trex is awesome. Theming is cool and food is good. Mozz sticks, nachos, burgers, waffle fries. What teen wouldn't like it!! You can get good food and theming at RFC too. But I think Trex is more updated. It makes RFC look old. But saying that...RFC is my fav at DTD. We sit at the bar and are there for a differant experiance! That said we will go to whichever one has room at the bar for us!! Really think either one will be good for your family!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: