Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #1471
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Sorry to jump in here like this, but I just booked BWI for Spring Break. Looking forward to being able to walk right over for Flower and Garden and DHS and dining in the WS and...

I feel like this booking was inspired by Sarah. I was sort of waiting for the right mood to strike to book our next trip and I realized that Sarah would probably tell me to stop being silly and waiting around and book! So instead of waiting for the right mood, I went ahead and booked and now I'm really in the mood
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #1472
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Dznycrzy: Have you decided to stay with the Poly??popcorn:

No, I have not decided......still cannot decide, lol. Ok, I thought I would just go ahead and call tonight but here's my other delimma. Right now we are booked with a BB for free dining. Don't the resorts only have so many rooms reserved for that? I just don't want to actually switch and change my mind but lose the BB offer, see what I mean? Am I making this more difficult than it should be? Lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Sorry to jump in here like this, but I just booked BWI for Spring Break. Looking forward to being able to walk right over for Flower and Garden and DHS and dining in the WS and...

I feel like this booking was inspired by Sarah. I was sort of waiting for the right mood to strike to book our next trip and I realized that Sarah would probably tell me to stop being silly and waiting around and book! So instead of waiting for the right mood, I went ahead and booked and now I'm really in the mood
That will be fun!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S II
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #1473
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Sorry to jump in here like this, but I just booked BWI for Spring Break. Looking forward to being able to walk right over for Flower and Garden and DHS and dining in the WS and...

I feel like this booking was inspired by Sarah. I was sort of waiting for the right mood to strike to book our next trip and I realized that Sarah would probably tell me to stop being silly and waiting around and book! So instead of waiting for the right mood, I went ahead and booked and now I'm really in the mood
when is your spring break Ms. Kookerific??? Any possibility of us meeting up???

we are there 4/18-4/28!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #1474
chimo2u
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,677

Hello my friends! Enjoying one of my days off - making a nice meal for the family ( a stuffed pork loin). I was online googling videos of how to butterfly / roll cut a pork loin to stuff. I thought I had it down and went to try mine- but sad to say I pretty much butchered it! It's much more "holey" than I wanted and I am hoping I can salvage it, lol -- I am waiting for my stuffing to cool so I can stuff it we shall see!
This is one of the things I'll miss if I move to full time / I love the chance to make nicer meals for the family a few times a week

Janet: thanks for your perfect words the other day! You reminded me of the good that could come from this new opportunity, and I am holding your words close to heart as I await news! You and Pas are right - the waiting is the torture!
I pray things turn out for my and my families best interest
You all will be one of the first to know when I hear something!

I am having fun researching DL -- as I mentioned, I haven't been since 1990, and there is so much new to see! Carsland, California adventure, they are both new to me I will love to go with my Disney loving DS16 and his BFF, I think it would be great! I am having a hard time deciding where to stay however - heart is pulling me to either Grand Californian or Disneyland hotel / I am an on site deluxe, club level loving gal! Budget mind is saying take a look offsite/ it's not as imperative to the experience at DL to be on site -- I am looking at the best western park place? It includes a nice breakfast-- I am a hotel snob though and want somewhere nice with a good pool for the kids and a breakfast would be a plus too.... It's hard though when you've never been and are not familiar with the hotels! Hope it works out, I would love a week trip there next yr!

Well, time to go stuff and roll the roast! Wish me luck
__________________
Thanks Kook


Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #1475
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
That will be fun!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S II

We went last year at spring break and I was really worried about the crowds, but it wasn't bad at all and the weather is so much nicer than August when we usually go. We also got one last use out of our APs which will make 29 days. Not as much as the year before, but not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
when is your spring break Ms. Kookerific??? Any possibility of us meeting up???

we are there 4/18-4/28!
Oh, how I wish our spring break were then so we could get the military 40% off the whole trip and meet you and your family. Five of our seven days are blacked-out so I had to settle for the SOG overflow rate of just 20% off. Our spring break is always the week before Easter so we'll be at BWI 3/23 - 30. But, it does allow us to get one more use out of the APs we activated last 3/30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hello my friends! Enjoying one of my days off - making a nice meal for the family ( a stuffed pork loin). I was online googling videos of how to butterfly / roll cut a pork loin to stuff. I thought I had it down and went to try mine- but sad to say I pretty much butchered it! It's much more "holey" than I wanted and I am hoping I can salvage it, lol -- I am waiting for my stuffing to cool so I can stuff it we shall see!
This is one of the things I'll miss if I move to full time / I love the chance to make nicer meals for the family a few times a week

Janet: thanks for your perfect words the other day! You reminded me of the good that could come from this new opportunity, and I am holding your words close to heart as I await news! You and Pas are right - the waiting is the torture!
I pray things turn out for my and my families best interest
You all will be one of the first to know when I hear something!

I am having fun researching DL -- as I mentioned, I haven't been since 1990, and there is so much new to see! Carsland, California adventure, they are both new to me I will love to go with my Disney loving DS16 and his BFF, I think it would be great! I am having a hard time deciding where to stay however - heart is pulling me to either Grand Californian or Disneyland hotel / I am an on site deluxe, club level loving gal! Budget mind is saying take a look offsite/ it's not as imperative to the experience at DL to be on site -- I am looking at the best western park place? It includes a nice breakfast-- I am a hotel snob though and want somewhere nice with a good pool for the kids and a breakfast would be a plus too.... It's hard though when you've never been and are not familiar with the hotels! Hope it works out, I would love a week trip there next yr!

Well, time to go stuff and roll the roast! Wish me luck
I think when it's cooked, the pork loin won't seem as "holey" and no one will even care because it will taste so good. I'm marinating some flank steak to make fajitas - olι!

I hope you get good news and fast!
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #1476
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 297

Ok...for now, "the deed is done"! The GF has been booked, and sis knows. She's happy with it. (dznycrzy11, , she loves it like me, but hates the cost of it!)
Stay tuned for further updates.. (hopefully, only to make ADRs!)
dreamcruiser is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #1477
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Ok...for now, "the deed is done"! The GF has been booked, and sis knows. She's happy with it. (dznycrzy11, , she loves it like me, but hates the cost of it!)
Stay tuned for further updates.. (hopefully, only to make ADRs!)
Oh yes, I can understand the cost part!!! It sounds like a great plan to me since you both love the resort!!
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #1478
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Hi everyone!

I just realized something today. I have become a bit of a vacation snob!
We are trying to plan our summer vacation as DH has to put in his vacation time. Normally we go camping, cottages etc. I just cannot get excited about the cottages that I am seeing to rent! Too dingy, I would have to cook, other people's beds, ugh. What has happened to me??

Disney has ruined me. Really.
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #1479
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi everyone!

I just realized something today. I have become a bit of a vacation snob!
We are trying to plan our summer vacation as DH has to put in his vacation time. Normally we go camping, cottages etc. I just cannot get excited about the cottages that I am seeing to rent! Too dingy, I would have to cook, other people's beds, ugh. What has happened to me??

Disney has ruined me. Really.
No worries, I'm like that way with the resort catagories. I realized this about a year or two ago when I couldn't bring myself to stay at a Moderate or Value resort. Mind you, when I was a child we ALWAYS stayed at Fort Wilderness Camp Ground and once at ASMu, but after staying at the Poly I can't bring myself to stay at a cheaper resort. I think the deluxe resort have a way or spoiling you!
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #1480
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,992

Morning' Peeps

Well I'm at the airport - didn't sleep a bit last night ... Nerves. But I'm going to Florida and Linda will be waiting at riverside for me! And tomorrow Deena and magic

Dani: you know I like your AOA/Poly split - hopefully some of our dates can cross with you and Jeanette

KOOK - congrats on booking spring break! BWI is perfect for F&W. Happy you are back in the planning groove.

Jeanette: no luck on my specs have the old ones with.me . DH is going to call to see if the frames are still stocked and order me a new set ....at least it's not a car, right?

Hi to everyone else!! It's not easy for me to post from my phone ... Linda and I will send you guys a pix!!
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #1481
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,200

Double Digit Dancing!!!!!!!!

__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #1482
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
That would be so nice to do!! We always end up in EPCOT at least once each, that where we spend the majority of our time so I'm thinking more and more of the YC. When we stayed at Poly we just walked over to TTC and took the monorail to EPCOT from there.



Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!!! You're making the YC sound more and more appealing, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
It really is a beautiful resort. I think for us it's tied for #1 with the Poly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Miss: So glad you have another trip planned, and it makes no difference about the bounceback! Are you planning YC/BC again? I am getting super excited about the Beach Club. I can totally understand your teary moment over Sarah. I still remember her sitting there in the lobby and we just instantly said "Jen?" "Sarah" at the same time. Such a warm and sweet lady.

Iheartthemouse: so glad you too had an amazing trip! And you know I am going to see how much more CL will cost us, your glowing report might just push me over the edge!

Dznycrzy: Have you decided to stay with the Poly??

Pas: what resort are you thinking of??
Good luck with deciding on CL. It is so very nice to have the convenience of the lounge with little kids! Of course if you are park heavy, CL will not be much of a benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Sorry to jump in here like this, but I just booked BWI for Spring Break. Looking forward to being able to walk right over for Flower and Garden and DHS and dining in the WS and...

I feel like this booking was inspired by Sarah. I was sort of waiting for the right mood to strike to book our next trip and I realized that Sarah would probably tell me to stop being silly and waiting around and book! So instead of waiting for the right mood, I went ahead and booked and now I'm really in the mood
F&G at BWI sounds lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hello my friends! Enjoying one of my days off - making a nice meal for the family ( a stuffed pork loin). I was online googling videos of how to butterfly / roll cut a pork loin to stuff. I thought I had it down and went to try mine- but sad to say I pretty much butchered it! It's much more "holey" than I wanted and I am hoping I can salvage it, lol -- I am waiting for my stuffing to cool so I can stuff it we shall see!
This is one of the things I'll miss if I move to full time / I love the chance to make nicer meals for the family a few times a week

Janet: thanks for your perfect words the other day! You reminded me of the good that could come from this new opportunity, and I am holding your words close to heart as I await news! You and Pas are right - the waiting is the torture!
I pray things turn out for my and my families best interest
You all will be one of the first to know when I hear something!

I am having fun researching DL -- as I mentioned, I haven't been since 1990, and there is so much new to see! Carsland, California adventure, they are both new to me I will love to go with my Disney loving DS16 and his BFF, I think it would be great! I am having a hard time deciding where to stay however - heart is pulling me to either Grand Californian or Disneyland hotel / I am an on site deluxe, club level loving gal! Budget mind is saying take a look offsite/ it's not as imperative to the experience at DL to be on site -- I am looking at the best western park place? It includes a nice breakfast-- I am a hotel snob though and want somewhere nice with a good pool for the kids and a breakfast would be a plus too.... It's hard though when you've never been and are not familiar with the hotels! Hope it works out, I would love a week trip there next yr!

Well, time to go stuff and roll the roast! Wish me luck
I hope the pork loin was delish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Ok...for now, "the deed is done"! The GF has been booked, and sis knows. She's happy with it. (dznycrzy11, , she loves it like me, but hates the cost of it!)
Stay tuned for further updates.. (hopefully, only to make ADRs!)


Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi everyone!

I just realized something today. I have become a bit of a vacation snob!
We are trying to plan our summer vacation as DH has to put in his vacation time. Normally we go camping, cottages etc. I just cannot get excited about the cottages that I am seeing to rent! Too dingy, I would have to cook, other people's beds, ugh. What has happened to me??

Disney has ruined me. Really.
Don't worry, it ruins all of us! I do think you can still have blast in a cottage, you just have to compartmentalize and not compare the experiences!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Morning' Peeps

Well I'm at the airport - didn't sleep a bit last night ... Nerves. But I'm going to Florida and Linda will be waiting at riverside for me! And tomorrow Deena and magic

Dani: you know I like your AOA/Poly split - hopefully some of our dates can cross with you and Jeanette

KOOK - congrats on booking spring break! BWI is perfect for F&W. Happy you are back in the planning groove.

Jeanette: no luck on my specs have the old ones with.me . DH is going to call to see if the frames are still stocked and order me a new set ....at least it's not a car, right?

Hi to everyone else!! It's not easy for me to post from my phone ... Linda and I will send you guys a pix!!
Safe travels Janet! I hope you and all the other girls have an absolute blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Double Digit Dancing!!!!!!!!

__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #1483
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Morning' Peeps

Well I'm at the airport - didn't sleep a bit last night ... Nerves. But I'm going to Florida and Linda will be waiting at riverside for me! And tomorrow Deena and magic

Dani: you know I like your AOA/Poly split - hopefully some of our dates can cross with you and Jeanette

KOOK - congrats on booking spring break! BWI is perfect for F&W. Happy you are back in the planning groove.

Jeanette: no luck on my specs have the old ones with.me . DH is going to call to see if the frames are still stocked and order me a new set ....at least it's not a car, right?

Hi to everyone else!! It's not easy for me to post from my phone ... Linda and I will send you guys a pix!!

Have a safe flight Janet, and can't wait to hear from you all!!!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #1484
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Candace!! Hooray!! it's a whole new ball game now! And I am not far behind you my friend!

Iheartthemouse: DH doesn't think now is the right time for CL, and I kind of agree....I guess. If it was possible we would do both dining and CL, but just not in the books night now. That's ok....

I have changed about vacations though. I have a hard time now....but I am sure we will find something the makes us all happy to do in the summer. DH also wants to do a road trip to Boston, so that is a possibility too.

Hope everyone has a good day, DD8 is feeling sick now. Think I will have her home for the day.
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #1485
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Candace!! Hooray!! it's a whole new ball game now! And I am not far behind you my friend!

Iheartthemouse: DH doesn't think now is the right time for CL, and I kind of agree....I guess. If it was possible we would do both dining and CL, but just not in the books night now. That's ok....

I have changed about vacations though. I have a hard time now....but I am sure we will find something the makes us all happy to do in the summer. DH also wants to do a road trip to Boston, so that is a possibility too.

Hope everyone has a good day, DD8 is feeling sick now. Think I will have her home for the day.
I know how you feel about the vacation thinking. As much as people complain about Disney's prices, I think that the experience gives us the most bang for our buck. DH has been pushing hard for some other non Disney vacation....namely Hawaii or Germany....or Greece

Well, I started pricing things out and researching and he saw that we could have a week and a half at the Grand Flo for just the cost of airfare!!!

Of course, I'm sure it could be done cheaper depending on travel times, but we really feel like we get the full experience at Disney. We kind of agreed that Disney it will be until we really feel like we need to go somewhere else. We will be looking into Atlantis though....the kids got really stoked about that option!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.