Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #31
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
How's the heat and rain near the end of September? The earliest we've been in the fall is mid-October and this past year it was pretty hot! No rain at all though, and that was very nice.
It's still quite hot (expect a lot of sweat), but the crowds are really low and for me that makes the heat a lot more bearable. The rain really is unpredictable. The trips we've taken in September have seen some rain, but nothing out of the ordinary for Florida in summer. There's just no telling though with it being hurricane season. That being said - we were there the last week of August this past year while a hurricane was along the coast and we had awesome weather. We arrived on Saturday and I didn't sweat until Wednesday. It was so nice! There was one day of varying amounts of rain all day - but that made for a practically empty Magic Kingdom. It's not often you can walk on to Peter Pan's Flight.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:23 AM   #32
suzquig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
Which resorts are covered by the 35%, if you don't mind me asking ?
Got the same mailer as well this week. Wondering which are included in the 35% as well. We actually "rented" points and there are 9 of us staying at Bay Lake Towers instead of 2 rooms at the Poly because of the savings. If I call out of curiousity...well actually my Disney OCD ...I will post. Wish I could transfer the pin to someone!
suzquig is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #33
Linda T.
DIS Veteran

My daughter and her husband also got the mailer. We are going in July this year so the dates aren't good for us. Hopefully, something will come out in July like the last couple of years when we went.
May, 1979 - Offsite; June, 1995 - CBR; June, 1997 - CBR; June, 1999 - POR; July, 2001 - CBR; April, 2005 - Disneyland; July, 2005 - CBR; July, 2007 - CBR; July, 2010 - CBR; July 2011 - CBR; July, 2013 - CBR; Next Trip - Christmas, 2014 - BCV

Linda T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #34
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Oh this is exciting. I'm going to call today to see if theres a pin attached to my name. A few years ago I had a pin attached to my name so i'm hoping for some luck today.

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
3princesses+aprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #35
Sandy55
Earning My Ears

some hotel info

Don't know if this will help anyone but I received the same PIN and as we were planning a September trip it was perfect! After years of waiting and mutiple Disney visits finally, a PIN!!!

I called today to see what the discounts were on a few different rooms. Not the most knowledgable CM - she wasn't able to tell me if the PIN was good for 35% off deluxe, less on moderate and so on. She also couldn't tell me which resorts this PIN applied to. She did me there were no rooms available in Sept. for Arts of Animation Suites. We tried a few different dates so her thought is that AOA was not included in this offer. She did give us prices for 35% off the Poly and BC so I think we'll be staying deluxe. I may try again later just to make sure about AOA though. I didn't ask about any of the moderates. If anyone else gets more info about this room discount please let us know! Thanks!

Sandy
Sandy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #36
summerlady
DIS Veteran

I am on the phone right now with the most ding battiest CM ever. Just trying to find out if POFQ is included in the discount and she keeps saying "bear with me one moment", for the past 20 minutes. She's very nice....but.

Oy, she just said that the only mod resort included is Caribbean Beach. I'm calling again to get a different CM.

Edited again: Ok, finally. I stuck with this CM, got POFQ for Sept. 22. It came out to a 20% room discount, but since discounts at POFQ are so rare, I booked it. Don't know if I'm gonna keep it, though.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~

Last edited by summerlady; 01-07-2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: update
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #37
GoHerbie
Mouseketeer

We got the same Ariel PIN code mentioned in the original post, and promptly booked an August trip!

GoHerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #38
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
I am on the phone right now with the most ding battiest CM ever. Just trying to find out if POFQ is included in the discount and she keeps saying "bear with me one moment", for the past 20 minutes. She's very nice....but.

Oy, she just said that the only mod resort included is Caribbean Beach. I'm calling again to get a different CM.

Edited again: Ok, finally. I stuck with this CM, got POFQ for Sept. 22. It came out to a 20% room discount, but since discounts at POFQ are so rare, I booked it. Don't know if I'm gonna keep it, though.
Thanks for sharing! So maybe just the deluxe resorts have the 35%. Would CBR have had 35% ? I'm glad you were able to get a discount on POFQ though. Enjoy whenever you go!
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Old 01-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #39
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
Thanks for sharing! So maybe just the deluxe resorts have the 35%. Would CBR have had 35% ? I'm glad you were able to get a discount on POFQ though. Enjoy whenever you go!
Yes, I'm thinking that the deluxe resorts get the 35% discount. CBR was the same as POR, I didn't ask but I'm guessing it's probably the same 20%. I'm probably gonna call and switch to April, though. I was so frustrated with the CM and the time spent on the phone that I just wanted a number, any number, and confirmation that POFQ was included. It seemed like she was confused about the PIN and the dates, she kept telling me that it was a package discount, which it wasn't. Sometimes I wonder why I'm so polite. Thanks, mom.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~
Old 01-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #40
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Yes, I am a loon. Just called back, a much better experience with a much more knowledgeable CM. I did a complete turnaround on this one....canceled for September (which I wasn't too happy about anyway) and re-booked POFQ for March with free DDP! I'm just happy to get POFQ with a discount, and since we'd be buying a dining plan anyway, FD is good for us. Whew. My work is done. Wait'll DH gets home and I tell him we're going on March 3. So for the two of us, it's about a $560 savings, vs. the measly 20% room discount.

Last edited by summerlady; 01-07-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #41
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Have a great time summerlady!!! Enjoy the FD

Old 01-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #42
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

I got one of these as well and wish there was more info, I don't have the patience to call and be on hold forever. For example, it just says free dining and the dates, but is that the regular plan with a value or do you get the quick service plan? Also it states 5 night/6 day, but I wonder if it could be used for 3 or 4 nights? Anyone?
AndreaDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #43
mrsarbogast
Earning My Ears

I wish I knew more details too. Got our mailer today as well and my dd is itching to go back...
(Dd)Kayleigh-15~
(Dd)Emalee-12~
& the newest Princess-Lexie 4already
mrsarbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #44
gem21
Mouseketeer

I booked using this pin code (% room off), for an AKL Savannah view and it seemed to save us between 25-30%. Probably would have been higher for a standard room, but I wantyed to splurge the extra bit for the Savannah view!
gem21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #45
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

I got the Ariel code a few days ago. But I kept putting off calling because I didn't want to wait on hold for hours.

Yesterday I called and got a CM within 4 minutes, booked YC GV CL at 35% off, and the entire call was less than 20 mins

Maybe phone traffic is slowing down....
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
poohgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote