Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
ginger3son
Earning My Ears

Using nursery without reserving spot

I was wondering if any of you have been able to use the nursery without reserving a spot ahead of time. I am thinking that at some point my husband and I would like to go to a tasting or lounge after dinner but I am sure these things would be done on a spur of the moment basis. Is the nursery usually booked solid throughout the cruise?
We are sailing out of Galveston in Feb and as of right now I don't think the ship is sold out.
Thank you in advance!!!
Ginger
ginger3son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger3son View Post
I was wondering if any of you have been able to use the nursery without reserving a spot ahead of time. I am thinking that at some point my husband and I would like to go to a tasting or lounge after dinner but I am sure these things would be done on a spur of the moment basis. Is the nursery usually booked solid throughout the cruise?
We are sailing out of Galveston in Feb and as of right now I don't think the ship is sold out.
Thank you in advance!!!
Ginger
Well, the tastings you will want to book beforehand (but once onboard), so you could book nursery time when you book your tasting.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

I don't believe they book solid for the full cruise. You are limited in how many hours each family can book in advance and there is usually good availability to schedule more once onboard. That said, if you have a Remy or Palo reservation, or an excursion that will not include the child, you would want to make sure you booked in advance so as to be guaranteed childcare for that time period. Tastings will be announced on your Navigator, so once you see something you want to do you can check if there is availability in the nursery at that time. Unless you are willing to have a plan-B, I wouldn't just show up at the nursery and expect a drop-off if it's not already scheduled; could happen but don't plan on it, particularly during dinner and evening hours.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: