Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #1711
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next is an update sent to us last night by quietgirl.

She said, "Today was our Animal Kingdom day, and we were running a little late in the am, but we made it to the gates by 7:40. We hit some rides, walked the trails, and best of all made it over to Rafiki's Planet Watch to see some vet procedures. While there, we got to hang out with an old friend...."

Then they headed over to Kidani Village to have lunch at...

quietgirl said, "This was our first trip to Sanaa, it was actually our first trip to Kidani Village. We have stayed at Jambo house before, and LOVED it, so I was excited to check it out."

"This map helped us right after we got off the bus..."

"These lamps just outside the lobby were really pretty..."

"The lobby was much smaller than I was expecting...."

"But still very pretty..."

"We found Sanaa on the first floor and this hidden Mickey..."

"The inside of the restaurant was nice,"

"But in retrospect, I wish I had asked for a window table. We could see the animals with some extra effort (straining/stretching) and several of the window tables were empty- woulda been much nicer there."

Next some menu pics...

"So, we started off with bread service..."

"We chose the traditional naan, garlic naan, and spiced naan. For our accompaniments, we chose red pepper hummus, tamarind, and red chile. This was amazing! I'm not much of a bread person, but loved this! I wish we hadn't gotten the plain naan- it was good, but I wish we had tried something a little more adventurous. The red pepper hummus was the best, followed by the tamarind. The red chile was really good too, but it was also VERY spicy!"

"I got the short ribs and butter chicken with basmati rice...amazing! Lets just say when I was done, all the bowls were empty!"

"DGF had the butter chicken and spicy Durban chicken. She agreed that it was fantastic, and I tasted her Durban chicken too. We both agreed the butter chicken was the overall winner."

Next a Dessert Menu pic...

"For dessert, DGF ordered the Banana Kulfi Sundae, which she compared to a really fancy chunky monkey- trust me, for her that's high praise!"

"And I ordered the trio..."

"The cake was a little dry, and not much flavor, but the fruit kulfi had a nice light refreshing taste. That chai cream was amazing tho! I had read bits and pieces about it on these boards, and I'll admit I didn't think I would like it- for some reason I thought it would have a coffee taste? Nope, it was perfection in a little cup!"

"Overall, we really enjoyed Sanaa, and will probably go back. I think we are more likely to repeat it for dinner, but either way I think I would ask for a window table."

And one last pic, this one of the Sanaa Dinner Menu...

"We went back and finished our day off in animal kingdom! Another great day in the world!"

3 January Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points Earned for 3 menu pics, pics of quietgirl & DGF, and Misc. pics from Kidani Village

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 01-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #1712
jabead
DIS Veteran

Now for an update sent to last night by DonaldDoleWhip.

You might recall that his last update (posted on Sunday) was from his dinner at Sanaa.
So picking up from there...

DDW said, "After our dinner at Sanaa, we went to Animal Kingdom for a little while. This was one of the first times I've been in AK after dark - it was beautiful."

"Expedition Everest is really fun in the dark!"

"The following day, we had lunch at the Saratoga Springs Resort. An odd choice, I know, but Artist's Palette has some interesting items on the menu!"

Artist's Palette

Lobster Club Sandwich with vegetable slaw

An inside view

DDW said, "My friends both had this. It looked so good! I was slightly jealous of their lunch."

Cobb Salad with chicken, boiled egg, avocado, bacon, tomato, onions, and goat cheese with mustard-thyme vinaigrette.

"This was my choice. It wasn't a lobster club but it was still delcious, so I can't complain."

DDW added, "This was my first time eating at Artist's Palette - it was definitely worth it."

I'm going to save the second part of DonaldDoleWhip's update for another time, but I will leave you this teaser pic...

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for the AK nighttime pics

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #1713
mousiemom
adam lambert lover!

Hey Barb!

It's Pam, i did a report on our trip back in Nov. and we are planning another one 4/15-4/19 and i would love to do another one for everybody!!!

[]75-DL/80-WDW/97-WDW/99-DISNEYMOON-ASM/02-DD 1ST TRIP-ASM/04-ASM/05-POP/06-POP/1/07-POP/5/07-POR/8/07-SSR/12/07-POP/1/08-POP/6/08-DL-HOJO/9/08-POP/12/08-ASM/2/09-POP/5/09-POP/9/09-POP/12/09-POP/5/10-POP/12/10-POP/11/11-POPBC12/11-POP-11/12POP 4/13/POP-11/13Offsite-4/14/POP-11/14
Old 01-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #1714
jmm476
DIS Veteran

These Sanaa updates are really making me want to eat there! And since when does DDW eat goat cheese? Is he becoming a goat cheese convert?!
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
Old 01-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #1715
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

We did the tour of Sanaa when we stayed there last April and you get free Naan and 3 different sauces (my childish DBF calls it Nom Nom bread)!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #1716
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
These Sanaa updates are really making me want to eat there! And since when does DDW eat goat cheese? Is he becoming a goat cheese convert?!
I have to admit, I don't hate goat cheese as much as I used to.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #1717
disneybride96
Yacht Club Gazebo- 11-2-96

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post

"The following day, we had lunch at the Saratoga Springs Resort. An odd choice, I know, but Artist's Palette has some interesting items on the menu!"
We call it the "grown up" food court. Great food for a CS!

Mutiple Trips- 1972-1995
The Weddings : Sister's Wedding...Wilderness Lodge Jan '96 Intimate Wedding....Yacht Club Nov '96

Boardwalk Grand Villa Upgrade, '98 Shades Of Green '99
The Cruises: Wonder- Jan '04, Magic w/ Antigua- Oct '04, Kin Folk Magic Cruise- Nov '05, Wonder- Jan '06
Won at trip to the Yacht Club- Jan '06
Then Came DVC: SSR - Sept '06, OKW Studio - Jan '07, OKW Grand Villa - Sept '07, AKV/BCV - Jan '08
Magic Halloween Double Dip Oct '08, SSR Pre-Christmas Dec '08,, Jan '09 BCV, Developer Points @ SSR - Sept '09,
BLT Homecoming- Dec '09,Wonder & BWV- Jan '10, HHI- Oct '10, Nephews to BLT- Jan '11, DISNEYLAND VGC- Oct '11
Dream/BLT - Nov '11, Princess Trip/Treehouse - Oct '12,
Super Storm Sandy Dream Cruise - Oct '12 , AKV/BCV -Jan '13 .
Old 01-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #1718
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Oh my gosh, I was so behind and had so many amazing posts to catch up on. Barb, your Christmas pictures absolutely floored us, and Charlie pouted for a good hour or two about not being lucky enough to be in your family!

I love all the BOG updates, I look forward to trying lunch there next week!

YAY for DDW being back in Disney, and for finally having an enjoyable meal at Sanaa!

And Emme's cuteness has reached a RIDICULOUS level in some of those pics!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #1719
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousiemom View Post
It's Pam, i did a report on our trip back in Nov. and we are planning another one 4/15-4/19 and i would love to do another one for everybody!!!
Hi Pam! I really haven't thought that far ahead, to be honest with you. If there is still interest and my schedule permits it, I might still be doing this in April. If so, I would love to have again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
Oh my gosh, I was so behind and had so many amazing posts to catch up on. Barb, your Christmas pictures absolutely floored us, and Charlie pouted for a good hour or two about not being lucky enough to be in your family!

You and Charlie are officially invited to join our family. Afterall, then I could use you as an excuse to my (non-Disney fan) DH for having to go to the Orlando area. I mean, we have to go visit family, right? It just so happens that Disney World is conveniently close by.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #1720
jabead
DIS Veteran

Ok, it's time for some updates now...and I have several for you this evening.

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us this morning by quietgirl.

She said, "We were still pretty full from our Sanaa lunch, so we decided to split something from the food court at POR for dinner last night."

Riverside Mill

But first some menu pics...

"We decided on the Create your own Pasta- we chose chicken penne pesto with mushrooms, olives, artichokes, roasted tomatoes, prosciutto, and Parmesan cheese."

"This was HUGE! The two of us easily split this, and neither of us went hungry. It came with a piece of bread, and I could have used a snack credit to get a side salad, but I didn't think we'd need it- and we didn't."

"I also got a slice of cheesecake, with the fruit topping on the side."

"I'm not usually much of a pasta person, but this was really good and very filling, and the cheesecake was fantastic. Overall, the meal was a nice surprise, and really more than I was expecting for a food court.
It really helped cement my new love for POR!"

3 January Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for First Update of the Day and menu pics, which covered Breakfast, Lunch/Dinner, & snacks

Old 01-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #1721
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next in this morning was an update from Joyce (Jersette).

She, Katy, & David were at Epcot yesterday and had lunch at...

Sunshine Seasons

Togarashi Seared Tuna Noodle Salad & Tiramisu for dessert

"Katy had this and she thought it was quite tasty."

Mongolian Beef with vegetable stir-fry noodles

"David and I had this (I subbed noodles for the rice that usually comes with it) and strawberry shortcake. This was full of flavor and Sunshine Seasons has an incredible menu of diverse food."

Then they had dinner in World Showcase, at...

Chefs de France

First pic is of their beverages...

Iced tea, Coke, and the Coctail des Chefs (Blanc de Blanc sparkling wine with black currant liqueur)

"I had the cocktail...Verrry nice!"

Plateau de fromages de France - French imported cheese board (Bleu, Emmentaler, Goat cheese, and Brie)
with raisin toasts, nuts, and fruit.

"The toast with bleu cheese and a grape chaser was a little taste of heaven!"

"Main entrees were the short rib dish for David and me..."

Plat de Cote de Boeuf au Cabarnet avec pates
Beef short ribs braised in Cabernet with pasta, pearl onions and mushrooms

"And Katy had..."

Gratin de macaroni - Baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese

"We all raved about our food! The beef was tender and had a lovely gravy. I tried Katy's macaroni and cheese and oh, my! So creamy with a entire layer of cheese on top. I know what "I'm" getting next visit!!!"

Profiteroles au chocolat - Puff choux with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce

"This was my dessert. Not the hugest fan of the pastry, it was kind of tough.
The chocolate sauce on the ice cream was very good though."

"Katie ordered the sorbet assortment, but asked for just one scoop of sorbet, as she was so full. No problem...and look at all the fruit she got! She chose pear sorbet and thought it was great."

And the last pic Joyce sent in this update was of Remy's handler...

"He was oh so French and very amusing. He said Remy would probably enjoy living in Illinois, but when Katy said she had cats...oops! "Dealbreaker", he said. (Remy was cute too.)"

5 January Games Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for the new cocktail

Old 01-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #1722
Angebee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
The February schedule is looking pretty good. Thanks so much to all of our volunteers!
Yaaay So glad we'll still get to do this in February!

Those dessert pictures should not be looked at when it's time for a midnight snack. wheres a drooling smiley when it's needed?

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #1723
jabead
DIS Veteran

This morning we also received the final update from Christina (DisneyMamato4).

For their last dinner at Disney World, they went to...

'Ohana

The salad

Honey Coriander Chicken Wings & Pork fried dumplings

Noodles and Vegetable Stir Fry

Christina said, "Everything was wonderful as usual. That bread pudding is fantastic!"

Then she said, "The view from our balcony this morning..."

"We had breakfast this morning at Mara before getting on the road. Filled us up, but nothing special.
We are on our way home now. We will be back in June and can't wait."

Mara's Bounty Platter - scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, Mickey waffle, biscuit

5 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for balcony view pic

Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #1724
jabead
DIS Veteran

Since that was Christina's final update of her trip, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Great Job!!!

DisneyMamato4's Total January Game Points Earned = 39
(Amended in Post 1744)

Last edited by jabead; 01-10-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #1725
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then this afternoon we received another update from Animal Kingdom Lodge, this one from Amanda (MissPrice).

She and her DH had breakfast this morning at...

BOMA

Amanda said, "The scrambled eggs with goat cheese and spinach were phenomenal!"

More of their Boma plates...

"Breakfast was excellent. Our server, Cynthia, was really sweet."

Lunch was also at AKL, this time at...

MARA

Bacon Cheeseburger with French Fries

Amanda said, "The burger and cheese were yummy but the bacon tasted weird. "

Cheesecake for dessert

And then for her last pic from this update...

"Me and DH waiting for the bus to Epcot."

6 January Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus pics for pic of Amanda & her DH

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: