Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #106
El Perro
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
you know I don't hate the new website

Maybe because I already had the My Disney Experience App. I just went to that drop down menu put in my RO reservation conf # and it linked. It knew I had the app and had my information from when I registered it on my phone and just made me update. I will say that for the first 24 hours I couldn't pull up my details (I recieved a message that it could not show but would link the number to my profile anyway) but it did link my reservation to the site. ETA: Just went and checked and it is still there but not showing my prices/details. Not sure if that is because they are still working or if it is the fact that it was a live reservation. They do have a notice up that you have to manually like conf if you did not use the web to book.

Other than that I haven't had any problems.

Maybe I got it at a hassle free time, or because I was already using the app or maybe I just don't sweat change that much so was more relaxed when I tried it but except for the extra step of getting My Disney Experience up and going it doesn't seem that different than the old system, which would lose my reservations/adrs about every 3 days so I'd have to reenter them all again anyway. So not much different.
don't get me wrong - there are some GREAT features on the site and I like a lot that is there. Unfortunately they did a TERRIBLE job migrating the information from the previous systems to the new ones. There are also several areas that are just downright broken.

After doing some research I have a pretty good idea what went wrong and why (there are symptoms of organizational problems I deal with on a daily basis). Maybe I can find a way to make a consulting engagement out of it and make money off of Disney for a change?

Last edited by El Perro; 01-08-2013 at 11:59 AM.
El Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #107
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Just went back to the Disney site to see if I could book the Fantasmic Package. As soon as I logged in, both of our resort reservations and all of my dining reservations showed up.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #108
mrunn0080
Earning My Ears

I always had trouble with disney travel websites since 2008, however now I have no problems at all, since I discovered google chrome and firefox. One of those web browsers works better than the other, depending on your computer type.

Since I upgraded to windows 8, I have had really no trouble at all with any websites, so long as I use firefox or chrome.

I get so frustrated when internet explorer does not work! I wish microsoft would fix it.
mrunn0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #109
MinnieSummer
DIS Veteran

I can't even look to see what is available for AP holders. No matter what I do it says I have to have a valid AP. I DO have one AND it shows up on my profile. I really want to plan a trip for my Daughter's break but can't even get an idea of the cost. I may just go skiing instead. It would probably be cheaper and less of a headache planning it.
Christmas at BLT-MKV 2010
Christmas at CSR 2009,
Christmas at WL Villas 2008
Christmas at SSR 2007
Christmas at GF 2006
Christmas at BWI 2005
Christmas at WL 2004
Christmas at CSR 2003
Christmas at AKL 2002
Christmas at CBR 2001
MinnieSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #110
turning into fanatic
Earning My Ears

I have been trying to book a trip and it keeps saying error after I enter my family information. Is this because of the new website?? I may try a different computer.

11/30/13-12/7/13 Staying offsite at house, surprising kids! My parents are coming along too!!

Spring Break 2012 - First visit to WDW(stayed at Orange Lake), very crowded but still had a blast!
turning into fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #111
mana'olana
Mouseketeer

I'm just trying to get prices for a week in April and the stupid thing just sits there and clocks and clocks. This new site sucks!

Oct '97 ASM Honeymoon Dec '05 AKL Baby Girl's 1st Trip Sep '06 Poly Concierge Aug '07 Contemporary Pirate & Princess Party Oct '09 POR July '12 Beach Club Mar '13 CBR Mar '14 Cruisin'
mana'olana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #112
HawkeyeThad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSummer View Post
I can't even look to see what is available for AP holders. No matter what I do it says I have to have a valid AP. I DO have one AND it shows up on my profile. I really want to plan a trip for my Daughter's break but can't even get an idea of the cost. I may just go skiing instead. It would probably be cheaper and less of a headache planning it.
I've been dealing with this the last few days as well. Tells me that I need a valid annual pass in order to view the resort deals. I HAVE ONE! IT'S ASSOCIATED TO MY PROFILE!! I sent an e-mail yesterday telling them about the issue. They wrote back this morning and said that I should call them to make a reservation. I'm just trying to price a trip, I don't want to call in to do that. This is ridiculous.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #113
coconutprincess
DIS Veteran

agreed. It was so slow, and took way too much time to load and just "think" in general.

Trips:
Grand Floridian (1980's) - Swan (1993)- Radisson Resort Parkway Band/Majorette Trip (1995) - Radisson Resort Parkway Band/Majorette Trip (1997) - Embassy Suites(1997) - OKW (2000) - Carribbean Beach (2001) - POR (2006) - POR (2009) - POR (2010) - WL (2011) - WL (2013)
coconutprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #114
cleverclovers
Mouseketeer

I just want to get an estimate for a trip in June. How do you find out how much the taxes will be? I don't want to book until I know I have enough money for the entire trip. Maybe I'll just book through AAA.
cleverclovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #115
AntFarm
Mouseketeer

I've been getting the server is busy message a lot over past couple days when trying to pull up my reservations. Is there a light at the end of this tunnel?
AntFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #116
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrunn0080 View Post
I always had trouble with disney travel websites since 2008, however now I have no problems at all, since I discovered google chrome and firefox. One of those web browsers works better than the other, depending on your computer type.

Since I upgraded to windows 8, I have had really no trouble at all with any websites, so long as I use firefox or chrome.

I get so frustrated when internet explorer does not work! I wish microsoft would fix it.
Agreed...I have used Macs for the last ....15 years....with Safari being a superior browser...as long since I can remember Disneys web site has worked pretty much flawlessly for me....the current new one....I love. I agree that Internet explorer is withering on the vine.
alecshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #117
Piglet54
Mouseketeer

It's working now!

I finally got it to work for me today!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #118
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntFarm View Post
I've been getting the server is busy message a lot over past couple days when trying to pull up my reservations. Is there a light at the end of this tunnel?
This is now my number 1 problem. I hadn't been getting through at all for a while. Now it lets me go through the motion of booking a dining reservation but when I get to the last step, I get the Server Busy notice. GRRRR.

I have tried calling once but was told to call back because their systems were down. It shouldn' t be this hard to book restaurant reservations.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #119
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
This is now my number 1 problem. I hadn't been getting through at all for a while. Now it lets me go through the motion of booking a dining reservation but when I get to the last step, I get the Server Busy notice. GRRRR.

I have tried calling once but was told to call back because their systems were down. It shouldn' t be this hard to book restaurant reservations.
This has been my issue since Tuesday. Prior to that, I was able to book ADRs online.

All my reservations (resort & dining) are showing up so that's a relief!!

I finally tried to make ADRs on my laptop today - just in case something is screwy with my desktop. Got the same "server busy" message.

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #120
5bound4wdw
Earning My Ears

I miss the ticker that counted down the days till our vacation...

5bound4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: