Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
El Perro
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
you know I don't hate the new website

Maybe because I already had the My Disney Experience App. I just went to that drop down menu put in my RO reservation conf # and it linked. It knew I had the app and had my information from when I registered it on my phone and just made me update. I will say that for the first 24 hours I couldn't pull up my details (I recieved a message that it could not show but would link the number to my profile anyway) but it did link my reservation to the site. ETA: Just went and checked and it is still there but not showing my prices/details. Not sure if that is because they are still working or if it is the fact that it was a live reservation. They do have a notice up that you have to manually like conf if you did not use the web to book.

Other than that I haven't had any problems.

Maybe I got it at a hassle free time, or because I was already using the app or maybe I just don't sweat change that much so was more relaxed when I tried it but except for the extra step of getting My Disney Experience up and going it doesn't seem that different than the old system, which would lose my reservations/adrs about every 3 days so I'd have to reenter them all again anyway. So not much different.
don't get me wrong - there are some GREAT features on the site and I like a lot that is there. Unfortunately they did a TERRIBLE job migrating the information from the previous systems to the new ones. There are also several areas that are just downright broken.

After doing some research I have a pretty good idea what went wrong and why (there are symptoms of organizational problems I deal with on a daily basis). Maybe I can find a way to make a consulting engagement out of it and make money off of Disney for a change?

Last edited by El Perro; 01-08-2013 at 10:59 AM.
El Perro is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: