Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #1456
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Hello my RC brethren. I think we are going to be in Disney 8/14-8/20. I think we are decided on AoA for one week and Poly CL the second week. But that's all subject to change of course. I make ADRs in 30 days. I have a huge list, but I guess it's ok because we have 14 nights to squeeze them all in.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #1457
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Missed you ladies! Sorry for not checking in more. Those of you leaving or about to, safe travels. Thanks for all the kind words about Miss M. She did save the half of that milkshake for later. Seriously. I guess at that point it was more of a chocolate milk-shake. So, we had two tributes to our lovely Sarah: once at Beaches & Cream and once over at The Fountain (in the Dolphin).

What a whirlwind. Shew. (I love these little short trips though; they seem to work best for us.) As for the YC, wow... what can I say? Now, it doesn't have the grand lobby of lots of the other hotels but it's a serious contender now for us between YC and BC. (I think it'd boil down to which had a standard view available. We spend absolutely zero time out on the balcony so it doesn't really matter about the view.) The Christmas decor was still up at the YC&BC as well as over at the Boardwalk Inn. Very pretty. Back to the YC: It was very quiet and calm compared to the hustle and bustle of the BC. Not much between them though for us, I'd say. Since we walked over to the S&D twice to eat and it's a bit closer to the dock, it's got those two things as minor advantages to us but staying there at either the BC or the YC is just the bee's knees for our little trio.
Welcome home Can't wait for the planning to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Glad to hear you made it back safely and enjoyed your time! I am really contemplating switching to either YC or BC but leaning more towards YC. We have stayed at the Poly the past 3 yrs so I'm ready for a change, plus we spent the majority of our time in EPCOT so BC or YC would be perfect!!

Happy Monday everyone!!! This is my first full week of work since the 2nd week of December, I hope I make it through, LOL.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
I pick YC...balconies..and it is more serene..IMO. I know you love Poly...but if the focus is Epcot...you can't beat the short walk!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Waving hi to all the RC friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Christmas or Halloween? Crowds, discounts, oh my... makes my little brain hurt.

This is why we loved going in September so much: huge hotel discounts and low crowds. And, because we love the pool so much, heat heat and more heat. And, the Halloween Party.

But then ... this trip happened.

Why did the Osborne lights have to be soooooooo nice?!
My love is Halloween...I like the heat...and I like Christmas here at home... The decorations are so cool...but we are a Summer trip type of crew Sorry you missed out on the BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
The flashing is gone, only a dull headache now, but just in that wiped out stage. I feel exhausted.

Oh well, hopefully after a good nights sleep tonight, I will be back to 100% tomorrow.

I read that somewhere about the bounce backs now being in the packets!! On another thread...didn't think to mention it here. Where did I see that???
I hope you feel better today Candace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thinking of Sarah tonight ....
Last night was a Sarah night...her family sends a big thank you for all the love here on the thread...her DH and DDs are so nice, so kind..and I am so thankful they welcomed us to her memorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Hello my RC brethren. I think we are going to be in Disney 8/14-8/20. I think we are decided on AoA for one week and Poly CL the second week. But that's all subject to change of course. I make ADRs in 30 days. I have a huge list, but I guess it's ok because we have 14 nights to squeeze them all in.
Sis....we will probably be there the exact same time!!! As for my resort....

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #1458
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Good morning RCer's!! I hope everyone has a great day!! I am going to spend the day with my birthday Monkey at the Sea Life Aquarium. Then I'm going to make him Le Cellier's mushroom risotto for dinner with rosemary pork chops. For dessert, we'll have his chocolate birthday cake that has cookies and cream filling.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #1459
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Well, after going back and forth and back and forth and "deciding" on the Beach Club, then "deciding again" on the Yacht Club, we have finally decided and actually booked the GF again!!

It's going to be my DH's birthday celebration, so we figured, okay... we're already postponing our trip from 2012 to 2013, so it'll give us more time to save. Well, then Disney Visa dazzled me with a discount, so that was just a wonderful incentive!! So now we're at 144 days to go!! Weeeee!!!!

Does this mean I'm going to get kicked off the thread because we decided for sure ? Can I still come and visit?

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 01-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #1460
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
Well, after going back and forth and back and forth and "deciding" on the Beach Club, then "deciding again" on the Yacht Club, we have finally decided and actually booked the GF again!!

It's going to be my DH's birthday celebration, so we figured, okay... we're already postponing our trip from 2012 to 2013, so it'll give us more time to save. Well, then Disney Visa dazzled me with a discount, so that was just a wonderful incentive!! So now we're at 144 days to go!! Weeeee!!!!

Does this mean I'm going to get kicked off the thread because we decided for sure ? Can I still come and visit?
There is no kicking off here! One big family!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #1461
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Can I join (the RCs)?

I mean, seriously...I have a problem!

Here's the setup: in September, I booked us a January stay at POR. Now, fast forward a month or so...DSis decides she would rather wait until spring. No problem I say; I move us to May, still at POR.

Next, I get to thinking that we need to be at a Deluxe...after all, we are SPOILED princesses. So, I call and move us to WL.

Fine; now we're set, right? Not so fast.. I decide, without consulting her, that I really want to go back to the GF. It's my real happy place! (I move us there and don't tell her)
Wait; still not done....the date of the trip now has to be changed! So, now, I am currently trying to decide what to do...put us back at WL (which is where she thinks we are) or keep us at the GF.

Stay tuned...it'll change again, I bet..

See why I don't use a TA??
Old 01-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #1462
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Epcot is empty today!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #1463
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Epcot is empty today!
Awesome! Have a great time there!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #1464
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Of course you can visit.
You won't get kicked off, promise! And, just in case, we won't say a word if you make another change, either.
Sometimes my last chance is permanent, sometimes I get change-er-itis a day or two before the trip. It's easy to catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post

Here's the setup: in September, I booked us a January stay at POR. Now, fast forward a month or so...DSis decides she would rather wait until spring. No problem I say; I move us to May, still at POR.

Next, I get to thinking that we need to be at a Deluxe...after all, we are SPOILED princesses. So, I call and move us to WL.

Fine; now we're set, right? Not so fast.. I decide, without consulting her, that I really want to go back to the GF. It's my real happy place! (I move us there and don't tell her)
Wait; still not done....the date of the trip now has to be changed! So, now, I am currently trying to decide what to do...put us back at WL (which is where she thinks we are) or keep us at the GF.

Certainly you can join. We always think there are lots of great resorts, too little time.
Resort Changers understand. Good luck as you work on your changes!

TY Kook!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #1465
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Epcot is empty today!
Wonderful! Enjoy!!

TY Kook!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #1466
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser

Exciting!!! Does she not like GF? What about a split stay between GF and WL? I agree with you on the TA, I couldn't use one either. I like to make my own reservations, etc, and then there's the changing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma
Epcot is empty today!
My favorite place!!! Have fun!

Sent from my Galaxy S II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #1467
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Ok, so this took me about an hour or two of being interrupted before I could complete it... I'm sure I'm missing a few replies.

Good morning, ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Last night was a Sarah night...her family sends a big thank you for all the love here on the thread...her DH and DDs are so nice, so kind..and I am so thankful they welcomed us to her memorial
We were all with you in spirit. I wish we had also met Sarah's husband and daughter back in September.

Quote:
Thinking of Sarah tonight ....
I had a little moment walking through the BC on our last day. The hubs apologized for taking me on the route that went by where we first met Sarah. Was very sweet of him to say sorry, but it was nice to remember her calling out to us from her balcony -- even if I'm sure I looked like a crazy, blubbering mess to anyone who happened to walk by on Sunday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
The flashing is gone, only a dull headache now, but just in that wiped out stage. I feel exhausted.

Oh well, hopefully after a good nights sleep tonight, I will be back to 100% tomorrow.

I read that somewhere about the bounce backs now being in the packets!! On another thread...didn't think to mention it here. Where did I see that??? :
All better today? I hate when they crop up after not having one for so long.

Quote:
Hi Miss! Ok, I am sick for you missing that BB offer! Is there some way you might be able to call and get to use it? Sorry if not....

So we will have to make sure and make time for Fantasmic this trip! Sounds like it is a must do. Glad you all had a great trip, and you are making me excited to see Osbourne Lights too!
There were sooooo many dates on the BB. But, after talking it over with hubs, we decided to go again in January -- which wasn't on the BB so I feel a bit better.

Oh yeah, the girls will love it. It was totally worth the crowd and the short wait for Fantasmic! We got excellent seats too, so I wouldn't bother with that dining package unless you wanted to eat at one of those places.

Wish I had taken some pics of the Lights to share with you all but I was in my Happy Fa-la-la-la-la Zone which could or could not have been directly attributed to the special holiday drink we just had previously, the Sleigh Ride... (Oh my, I just found the menu to share):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Nope, never stayed at either resort! I think it's definitely going to be either the Poly or YC! I love the idea of walking to EPCOT!! One thing I thought of is we can stay at the Poly and then visit the YC to see if we would like to stay there next year. Decisions, decisions...I'm still deciding, lol.
You can't beat that walk... to either Epcot or HS. It's so convenient. We did one day where we went over early to Epcot, had breakfast, rode Living with the Land, then our TT via Fastpass, toured around the WS and then had lunch at Le Cellier. Went back to the YC for a swim and rest, then back over to WS for the evening. It's so nice to have it on your doorstep. I'm really not biased or anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I have done that same thing with the bounce back! Last trip, I decided I was going to just book and I could change it later. But, the dates didn't stretch into fall so I didn't!
I think between us not seeing it and then kicking ourselves over finding it yesterday, it just cemented that we have to go back in January so we don't feel like total certifiable morons. Now, at least, we know to check that darned packet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Oooooooooooooooh! Very exciting. So glad you've got it all booked... *with impending changes, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Welcome home Can't wait for the planning to start

I pick YC...balconies..and it is more serene..IMO. I know you love Poly...but if the focus is Epcot...you can't beat the short walk!!!

My love is Halloween...I like the heat...and I like Christmas here at home...The decorations are so cool...but we are a Summer trip type of crewSorry you missed out on the BB
Thank ya! Wondering if we should surprise Miss M with this trip. She keeps talking about how we'll be back in September. We kinda don't want to take her out of school that close to the beginning of the year again. Anyhow, I keep contemplating going and staying at one of the cheaper resorts over New Year's then moving to either YC or BC afterward. I guess I could book that ASAP because there'll be no discounts coming out on those dates ... ever, eh?

See, I was all set on going back in January again so we could avoid feeling like idiots over the BB debacle... and you remind me how much I Halloween.

Quote:
Never! This is the most welcoming, friendly lot you'll find on these boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post

Fine; now we're set, right? Not so fast. I decide, without consulting her, that I really want to go back to the GF. It's my real happy place! (I move us there and don't tell her)

Hahaha, excellent... covert changes! Hmmmm. GF sounds like a winner.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #1468
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Hey girls! I'm back

What a great trip! Crowds were super crazy but we still managed to do everything we wanted with no waits by going early and using FP.

Highlights of the trip:

- Meeting Missoutandabout and her fam. So awesome! Miss, anyone who does not instantly go gaga over sweet little Miss M is a dang fool. She is a doll! I had such a good time chatting with you and your hubs. Sorry again that my menfolk were being reclusive Thank you so much for the pin. My boys kept asking how you knew we like orange birds. I said I dunno, must be Disney Magic! You can post our pic if you want You were cracking me up about your DH and his photo skills!

- Cast members at YC CL. Wow! I liked them before, but now I am hooked. For real. After dunking my phone in the pool, they got me dry rice and insisted I leave it there for 2 days, and Bam! It worked!

One particular CM took a liking to my kiddos and boy did she spoil them rotten. She'd sneak them handfuls of taffy and plates overflowing with desserts. She gave us our own gallon of milk for the fridge because "those boys need their milk to grow big and strong mama!" She also would run to the back when she saw us in the morning to get bottles of water and big stacks of cookies wrapped in plastic for the parks. Such a sweetheart. Everyone else was super nice too. I really enjoyed all of them!

When my DD dropped and broke my DS8's cup he got a Sci-Fi they sent a runner over to replace it without us even asking. I seriously cannot say enough good things about the whole CL staff.

They also gave us a late check out so that I could stay on hold to book my BB. Why did I think an hour would be enough time to wait on hold and book? Oh, because it should. There is no excuse for the horrible phone wait times lately.

DH said never again will he agree to go without CL. We definitely missed being in Hawaii at the Poly and overall it made us value all the intangibles that come with staying CL so much more.

- Milkshakes. Boy did we do milkshakes. Sarah was there with us in spirit many, many times . We had milkshakes at the Plaza, Sci Fi, and Beaches & Cream. We also had Dole Whip floats, Rootbeer floats at Fountainview, and too many smoothies too count.

I missed all of you! I know many of you are heading out soon, and some are already there. Safe travels, and many magical moments to all of you!

As of now, my BB is YC CL 8/4-8/12. I also upgraded to APs. We'll see what the next year of Disney brings. Let the RCing begin!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #1469
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout"
You can't beat that walk... to either Epcot or HS. :thumbsup2 It's so convenient. We did one day where we went over early to Epcot, had breakfast, rode Living with the Land, then our TT via Fastpass, toured around the WS and then had lunch at Le Cellier. Went back to the YC for a swim and rest, then back over to WS for the evening. It's so nice to have it on your doorstep. I'm really not biased or anything... :rolleyes1
[/QUOTE]

That would be so nice to do!! We always end up in EPCOT at least once each, that where we spend the majority of our time so I'm thinking more and more of the YC. When we stayed at Poly we just walked over to TTC and took the monorail to EPCOT from there.

[QUOTE="i_heart_the_mouse
Hey girls! I'm back

What a great trip! Crowds were super crazy but we still managed to do everything we wanted with no waits by going early and using FP.

Highlights of the trip:

- Meeting Missoutandabout and her fam. So awesome! Miss, anyone who does not instantly go gaga over sweet little Miss M is a dang fool. She is a doll! I had such a good time chatting with you and your hubs. Sorry again that my menfolk were being reclusive Thank you so much for the pin. My boys kept asking how you knew we like orange birds. I said I dunno, must be Disney Magic! You can post our pic if you want You were cracking me up about your DH and his photo skills!

- Cast members at YC CL. Wow! I liked them before, but now I am hooked. For real. After dunking my phone in the pool, they got me dry rice and insisted I leave it there for 2 days, and Bam! It worked!

One particular CM took a liking to my kiddos and boy did she spoil them rotten. She'd sneak them handfuls of taffy and plates overflowing with desserts. She gave us our own gallon of milk for the fridge because "those boys need their milk to grow big and strong mama!" She also would run to the back when she saw us in the morning to get bottles of water and big stacks of cookies wrapped in plastic for the parks. Such a sweetheart. Everyone else was super nice too. I really enjoyed all of them!

When my DD dropped and broke my DS8's cup he got a Sci-Fi they sent a runner over to replace it without us even asking. I seriously cannot say enough good things about the whole CL staff.

They also gave us a late check out so that I could stay on hold to book my BB. Why did I think an hour would be enough time to wait on hold and book? Oh, because it should. There is no excuse for the horrible phone wait times lately.

DH said never again will he agree to go without CL. We definitely missed being in Hawaii at the Poly and overall it made us value all the intangibles that come with staying CL so much more.

- Milkshakes. Boy did we do milkshakes. Sarah was there with us in spirit many, many times . We had milkshakes at the Plaza, Sci Fi, and Beaches & Cream. We also had Dole Whip floats, Rootbeer floats at Fountainview, and too many smoothies too count.

I missed all of you! I know many of you are heading out soon, and some are already there. Safe travels, and many magical moments to all of you!

As of now, my BB is YC CL 8/4-8/12. I also upgraded to APs. We'll see what the next year of Disney brings. Let the RCing begin!
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!!! You're making the YC sound more and more appealing, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #1470
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Miss: phew! So glad you have another trip planned, and it makes no difference about the bounceback! Are you planning YC/BC again? I am getting super excited about the Beach Club. I can totally understand your teary moment over Sarah. I still remember her sitting there in the lobby and we just instantly said "Jen?" "Sarah" at the same time. Such a warm and sweet lady.

Iheartthemouse: so glad you too had an amazing trip! And you know I am going to see how much more CL will cost us, your glowing report might just push me over the edge!

Dznycrzy: Have you decided to stay with the Poly??

Pas: what resort are you thinking of??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: