Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #61
lbroberts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroberts
If it doesn't work friend me & I'll add you! Lori Beth Yeager Roberts
lbroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #62
kelzow
Earning My Ears

no, it says undeliverable.
What is the name of the Group? Can search it that way.
kelzow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #63
lbroberts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroberts
I think everyone may have to ask to be added by someone else via a friend request who already in the group because the group privacy is set to secret. You can't add someone to the group unless they are already your FB friend!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #64
lahicks68
Earning My Ears

lbroberts - I'm sending you a friend request because I can't use facebook at work. I'm in for just posting the list and letting everyone decide when to put their goodies in.

lahicks68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #65
gstar
Earning My Ears

We are flying into FLL since it's cheaper than Miami. We are planning on getting a car rental.

Quote:
Oh, and renting a car from FLL to Miami (there are FREE car rental shuttles that will bring you to the port and pick you up from the port)
I am also looking at car rentals. Do you have any suggestions for the ones with the free shuttle to the port?

I have not been able to find a hotel yet, which I hope to do some research next week.
gstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #66
amynick
Earning My Ears

My family will be cruising on this cruise. It will be our second disney cruise. I was wondering about the FE and how it works. We will have to staterooms, one with my mom and dad and my two daughters (16&11) and the other will have my husband and I with our son (9).
amynick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #67
kelzow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstar View Post
We are flying into FLL since it's cheaper than Miami. We are planning on getting a car rental.

I am also looking at car rentals. Do you have any suggestions for the ones with the free shuttle to the port?

I have not been able to find a hotel yet, which I hope to do some research next week.
The car rental companies that have free shuttles to bring you back to the Port of Miami and pick you up from the port are: Alamo, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and Thrifty. I called them personally, but you can always call yourself for piece of mind. The rates do fluctuate like airfare, I am currently "WATCHING" for my price to come back, and I'm going to book it. I am choosing to go with Alamo, just because I've rented with them before and they are the rental car of "Disney" lol! Those never heard of rental companies are CHEAP, but you will have to pay for taxi to get back to and from the port to them.

As far as Hotel, it's making my head spin. So many "areas" of Miami. And a lot of it seems shady. Ive been ready waaay too many reviews. I just want a CLEAN, SAFE, place to sleep & shower,maybe take a dip in the pool without spending a fortune... because we'll be at the beach or cruising the town while we are there (2 days). A free Breakfast would be nice, but we all know how those end up.
kelzow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #68
lovedmy1stcuise
Earning My Ears

I gave up on research and booked La Quinta in Airport area. They have free parking, free breakfast and free port shuttle and the lowest rate. Reviews are not too bad.
lovedmy1stcuise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #69
lahicks68
Earning My Ears

FE List

Quote:
Originally Posted by amynick View Post
My family will be cruising on this cruise. It will be our second disney cruise. I was wondering about the FE and how it works. We will have to staterooms, one with my mom and dad and my two daughters (16&11) and the other will have my husband and I with our son (9).
Reach out to lbroberts, she has started an FE list on facebook.

I haven't participated in FE before but basically you have a Fish hook outside your cabin, you hang something with pockets (you can decorate it, put your names on it) and those who are participating place little treats/goodies in the pockets during the cruise, you do the same for those on the list. Kinda like Secret Santa. There are some ideas for the FE on the Just for Fun threads.

Lori

Old 01-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #70
lbroberts
Mouseketeer

There's also a Facebook FE page where people post pics & lots of great ideas! If you want to join the list friend me, I can add your name & then you can add your info. I'm under Lori Beth Yeager Roberts. We kept the page secret for everyone privacy....sorry it's kind of a pain!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #71
lahicks68
Earning My Ears

I just received a planning email from Disney cruises. It said that we didn't have a formal night. Does anyone know if that is true?

Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #72
amynick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahicks68 View Post
I just received a planning email from Disney cruises. It said that we didn't have a formal night. Does anyone know if that is true?
Ours says the same thing, I don't think there is one unless you are eating at Palo
amynick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #73
TheDawnPatrol
Mouseketeer

Correct, I was told there is a semi-formal night on Tuesday and Pirate night on Thursday.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #74
stacieps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroberts View Post
If it doesn't work friend me & I'll add you! Lori Beth Yeager Roberts
I've sent you a FB friend request so I can get added to the group.

Thanks.
Stacie
Old 01-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #75
sunshinemom1
Earning My Ears

2/25/13- 5 day from Miami Hi There! This will be my family's first Disney Cruise and we are so excited!! Me, my husband and 2 boys 7 & 5. would love any tips since you seem to have done this a few times We have another family joining who also have 2 boys 13 and 7. Thanks for any help you may have!
sunshinemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: