Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #16
mickeymorse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicLAL12 View Post
Looks like we're in the same boat- I'm glad you were given the steps to find your corral, I hadn't found mine until the day before yesterday.

Best of luck on changing & in your race!
They have us in corral E and I feel we should be in D. Good luck moving up to C and have a great race as well. Also, thanks for starting this thread.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #17
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the good info - I am running the Princess Half and ran a race on New Year's Day to be able to prove a move up. I have an email from the timing company with my individual results, but I could also print the whole race results. Which would be better? Would the email be sufficient if it has all the info?

ETA - oh, well, never mind. I just double checked the email, and it doesn't specifically list the date, nor the length of the race. It's got my pace, though

Still, thanks for the other info!

Last edited by cmp1111; 01-03-2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: premature questioning... ;)
cmp1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #18
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Thanks for all the good info - I am running the Princess Half and ran a race on New Year's Day to be able to prove a move up. I have an email from the timing company with my individual results, but I could also print the whole race results. Which would be better? Would the email be sufficient if it has all the info?

ETA - oh, well, never mind. I just double checked the email, and it doesn't specifically list the date, nor the length of the race. It's got my pace, though

Just for others reading... If you have an email with all the necessary data, it speeds things up if you could print the email. Not mandatory, but think about trying to maneuver around on 10 different phone styles that you have never seen.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #19
magicLAL12
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Bummer that the e-mail didn't include everything! I'm gonna have to print out the whole race results for my proof as well (which are about 14 pages long), so it is kind of a pain, but definitely would rather be prepared with everything than under-prepared!

Good Luck!

Just a Running Couple that Refuses to Grow Up.
June 2012: College Graduation Celebration; Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village.
January 2013: My First Marathon; 20th Anniversary WDW Marathon; Boardwalk Villas
Next up: January 2014: Hooked..We're Running again; Boardwalk Villas, split-stay

magicLAL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #20
chris84bond
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Browse over to coolrunning.com or athlinks.com. They might have the race results and you can print from there (also at the Expo as needed - I did last year to move my corral from D to B)
chris84bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #21
dmott33
Earning My Ears

Sorry to bring up the subject again. I ran a 10k earlier this year. It was a smaller local race. (400 or so people) and the online only has the full results, not an individual race. Should I print out all 6 pages of the results and just highlight my name, time, etc? It has the date, name of race, location etc on the first page. Do I need to bring a link of the results or anything like that to show them?

Thanks.
dmott33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #22
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmott33 View Post
Sorry to bring up the subject again. I ran a 10k earlier this year. It was a smaller local race. (400 or so people) and the online only has the full results, not an individual race. Should I print out all 6 pages of the results and just highlight my name, time, etc? It has the date, name of race, location etc on the first page. Do I need to bring a link of the results or anything like that to show them?

Thanks.
I would bring the first page with the race info and your page with your name highlighted

If you have the link on your smart phone as a back up, that may be a good plan... though it is not really needed.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #23
tedhowe
Dad to Grace and Joy

Just as info for anyone looking to change corrals. The half and full bib pickup and runner relations booths were all downstairs at the fieldhouse this year. (The 5k bib pickup is upstairs)

It took me all of about 90 seconds to change (including waiting for the next available person to help me). I showed my finisher's certificate from the Philly Half and moved from F to C for the HM.

Woot!
5K PR: 29:16 11/22/2012
HM PR: 2:28:15 11/18/12

In Training for my first full marathon: Philadelphia 11/23/2014
tedhowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:17 AM   #24
magicLAL12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhowe View Post
Just as info for anyone looking to change corrals. The half and full bib pickup and runner relations booths were all downstairs at the fieldhouse this year. (The 5k bib pickup is upstairs)

It took me all of about 90 seconds to change (including waiting for the next available person to help me). I showed my finisher's certificate from the Philly Half and moved from F to C for the HM.

Woot!
Awesome! Thank you for the tip, we'll be heading there today!

Good luck!!

Just a Running Couple that Refuses to Grow Up.
June 2012: College Graduation Celebration; Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village.
January 2013: My First Marathon; 20th Anniversary WDW Marathon; Boardwalk Villas
Next up: January 2014: Hooked..We're Running again; Boardwalk Villas, split-stay

magicLAL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #25
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

I changed my corral yesterday and while they looked at my result, they didn't look up any "equivalent" for different race length online. Maybe 'cause I showed them a 1/2 that was within their corral guidelines.

It was easy and quick---possibly because the Runner Relations booth on the top floor (where Goofy and 5k bib pickup is) had a shorter line than the main one of the lower floor.

Maura
Maura
jmasgat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: