Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
labordefam3
Earning My Ears

Contemporary vs Boardwalk Inn

Our next trip will be September to celebrate our DD's 21st birthday. (Her choice of location) We have talked it over and have decided that we either want to stay at the CR or BWI, but we can't decide which.

We've previously stayed at the CR, and loved the access to the monorail. We visited the BWI last year and really loved the proximity to EPCOT and HS. We just can't decide.

I am open to any and all suggestions!!

Me(43) DH(51) DD(22) (DCP Alum)
labordefam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

I took my DS to Disney for his 21st and we stayed in a 2bedroom at Boardwalk. I think it was the best choice for his age. His two favorite parks are DHS and EPCOT. We love being able to walk to each and we ended most nights by spending a few hours in the WS in EPCOT and then a quick 5 minute walk back to our room.

He also really enjoyed the entertainers on the boardwalk in the evenings.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We haven't stayed at either, but since you've already stayed at the CR, I would go with BWI this time. The boardwalk is great for nightly entertainment and you can't beat being within walking distance to both Epcot and DHS.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
Sunshinedaydream
Earning My Ears

Boardwalk.

Being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios makes this a perfect location.
Sunshinedaydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
DisneyFreaksx4
Earning My Ears

We've stayed at both and love both! I'd say with your daughter being 21, she may enjoy being able to walk to Epcot, and all the places along the boardwalk! You won't be disappointed with either...it's Disney after all! Have a magical trip!
DisneyFreaksx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreaksx4 View Post
We've stayed at both and love both! I'd say with your daughter being 21, she may enjoy being able to walk to Epcot, and all the places along the boardwalk! You won't be disappointed with either...it's Disney after all! Have a magical trip!
Agreed. I think a 21 year old would definitely enjoy easy access to EPCOT and DHS more than MK. If it was a young child we were discussing I might think differently.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
katyj26
Earning My Ears

Boardwalk Definitely!

I am a 23 year old and I LOVE the Boardwalk. I'll be heading there in about 3 weeks and it is seriously the perfect resort for the 20-somethings. I love the fact that you can walk or take a quick boat trip to either DHS or EPCOT. I definitely recommend the Boardwalk!
Been a Disney Lover since birth. First trip to WDW when I was about 2 with my mom and my "fairy" godmother. Gone back every year / every other year ever since! Never going to outgrow WDW! We 3 gals love our Disney trips!

katyj26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #8
labordefam3
Earning My Ears

Thank you all so much for your input/advice. It sealed the deal for us, and we will be heading to BWI in September!!

Old 01-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #9
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by labordefam3 View Post
Thank you all so much for your input/advice. It sealed the deal for us, and we will be heading to BWI in September!!
We've stayed at both and enjoy both for different reasons. So you would have made a great choice either way! Sounds like you're set, but I just wanted to mention how much we love a split stay. Half in the MK area and half in the Epcot area gives us the benefits of both. And even though we're a family of five, it's really not a big deal for us to zip up our suitcases and either take an early morning cab to our second resort or let Bell Services transfer for us.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #10
labordefam3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
We've stayed at both and enjoy both for different reasons. So you would have made a great choice either way! Sounds like you're set, but I just wanted to mention how much we love a split stay. Half in the MK area and half in the Epcot area gives us the benefits of both. And even though we're a family of five, it's really not a big deal for us to zip up our suitcases and either take an early morning cab to our second resort or let Bell Services transfer for us.
So funny that you sent this. Yesterday at about 1:30 my DD received a phone call from a local radio station that she had won the grand prize in a contest that she'd entered for a WDW vacation!!!! It includes 3 nights in a deluxe resort (not sure which one yet). We were planning on staying for 6-7 nights so hoping we can add to it at the resort of our choice. We were jumping up and down and screaming in my office at work. (She had come to meet me for lunch.) We actually scared quite a few people.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: