Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #16
enchantedream88
Mouseketeer

How We Met!!

"Kids... in the winter of 2010..."

I met my fiancé for the first time back in December 2010. Ironically, I was on a date with another guy, and we went to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show. It was my first time ever seeing it (I had been asking people to take me for over 6 years, by the way). The guy was dressed up as Brad Majors, and I went in normal street clothing. Bart was on the shadow cast, and he was a Transylvanian that night. Below is a good idea of what he looked like the first night I met him.

So, true story: the guy I was with & I were waiting in the theater to be let in, and Bart is messing around with the crowd. He basically was obnoxious & a little crazy. I was quite shocked at first, since I had no idea what I was getting into. But looking back on everything now, its actually quite amusing. That was my first interaction with Bart. After that night, I had thought about joining the cast since I love theater and acting, but didnt do anything about it. Fast forward to January 2011, the guy I was seeing & I decided to stop seeing each other, but we remained friends. We went back to see RHPS again, and this time, Bart was playing the Criminologist. So, he was dressed like an old man in his 60s.

So yeah, the first two times I saw Bart were him dressed as a tranny and then an old man& Haha! So anyway, the guy was now interested in joining the production, so we went up to Bart after the show to express interest. Then, he invited us both out to IHOP to grab some late night food and to hang out. We got to IHOP, and about five of us sat at a table until about 7am chatting and playing the Celebrity Name Game (where you name a celebrity, i.e. Kevin Bacon, and the next person would have to say the name of another celebrity, but it had to start with the first letter of the previous selections last name). By the end of the night, the other girl at the table invited us to her place the next night, as they were rehearsing a dance number for the Valentines Day show and they needed more people. I gladly accepted and dragged the guy I was friends with along with me, since I didnt want to go alone. For the next few weeks, I was seeing Bart & that crowd a few nights a week to rehearse our Lady Gaga dance, and just hang out. Our dance came out awesome! We had so much fun. Heres the performance on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jlf0ls5j9k

In that time, my now fiancé and I became friends, and after a few weeks, on February 10, 2011, I actually asked HIM out! I could tell he wanted to ask, but he was being a pansy. Our first date was on February 11, 2011, and we went to a dueling piano bar on the National Harbor near DC. It was actually a double date with one of my best friends/bridesmaids & her husband, as it was his birthday.

Then, the rest was history&

Next up, the ENGAGEMENT!!

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

D&B's Wishes Wedding PJ - August 3, 2013

Last edited by enchantedream88; 12-02-2012 at 04:42 PM.
enchantedream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #17
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Aww, yay, I love the story of how you met! It was fun to watch your Bad Romance video too
librarygeek is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #18
enchantedream88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Aww, yay, I love the story of how you met! It was fun to watch your Bad Romance video too
Thanks hun! It's crazy that was all about 2 years ago now!

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

Old 12-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #19
enchantedream88
Mouseketeer

Engagement story to come soon; promise! I'm in the midst of writing it up & editing, and finding places to include pictures & a link of the video a friend of ours took.

For as little as I update in here, I actually do have a lot of planning done. Well, a lot of the big stuff anyway. A lot of info is in the first post. I've also gotten engagement pictures taken (more to come about that & the features I got from it later), had my planner assigned, chosen colors, picked out bridal party & bridesmaid dresses, purchased my dress, etc.

Posts will come about all of this, I promise! I'm hoping my schedule dies down soon, so I can fill all you lovely ladies in!

Old 12-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #20
disneyido2015
Earning My Ears

Congrats!

Congratulations on your engagement and starting you PJ!

Love the way you met, you just never know when the the right person will enter your life do you?

We will be renewing our vows on the the day after your wedding so I will be following you to see how you are getting along with your plans since we will both be celebrating ( hopefully not suffering ) in the August heat LOL.
disneyido2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #21
rachaelk101
Earning My Ears

Hey! I'm joining in here too to follow along! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your plans and the process of getting it all together!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #22
JessieGlitter
Earning My Ears

Cant wait to read the engagement story!!
JessieGlitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #23
pommiepup
Earning My Ears

Love your story so far.

Really hope you come back and post on your pj so I can follow along...I am getting married 08/03/13 also!

wishes...
sea breeze point ceremony at 10am
St James Hall pre reception/reception 11am-4pm
epcot-UK Lochside DP at 8pm
pommiepup is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: