Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #211
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

I'd like to try to go!

I really would like to try and go on this adventure but I have a few questions.

1. Is a Passport needed? I guessing it is especially if you get off and visit any of the destinations.

2. Is it possible to find a Roommate? I've been doing WDW solo for several years now, and for the single price of the cruise I can do 2 WDW vacations. Finding a Roomie and splitting the cost would make this a much easier to do vacation.

3. What are some of the Extra Fees that a person may forget to buget for that are not part of the 'All inclusive' cost? For example, Tipping, Drinks.

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #212
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardLarz View Post
I really would like to try and go on this adventure but I have a few questions.

1. Is a Passport needed? I guessing it is especially if you get off and visit any of the destinations.

2. Is it possible to find a Roommate? I've been doing WDW solo for several years now, and for the single price of the cruise I can do 2 WDW vacations. Finding a Roomie and splitting the cost would make this a much easier to do vacation.

3. What are some of the Extra Fees that a person may forget to buget for that are not part of the 'All inclusive' cost? For example, Tipping, Drinks.
1. Passports are needed but are highly recommended. Why not get one anyway? They are good for 10 years so its really not that bad. Once you have one you are much more open to spur of the moment travel options out of the country.

2. In past cruises, there has been a thread of people looking for roommates. I don't think there is one for this cruise yet but you could start one yourself.

3. Extra fees are tips for server, assistant server, head server and stateroom host. Drinks are extra and there will be a tip added onto those charges. Anything you buy in the gift shop and any shore excursions are obviously extra. Some people like to play bingo on board. Specialty dining will be extra. Hmm, I'm sure there are more.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #213
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

Thanks !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
1. Passports are needed but are highly recommended. Why not get one anyway? They are good for 10 years so its really not that bad. Once you have one you are much more open to spur of the moment travel options out of the country.

2. In past cruises, there has been a thread of people looking for roommates. I don't think there is one for this cruise yet but you could start one yourself.

3. Extra fees are tips for server, assistant server, head server and stateroom host. Drinks are extra and there will be a tip added onto those charges. Anything you buy in the gift shop and any shore excursions are obviously extra. Some people like to play bingo on board. Specialty dining will be extra. Hmm, I'm sure there are more.
Thanks for the quick response OKW Lover.

1. I though so. Plenty of time to get the Passport, but I'll try to do that this next month so there will be no worries come August, if I go. Of course this is one more added exspence, But like you said it is good for 10yrs, which will make it easier to do other DIS/Podcast Cruises & ABD trips.

2. I saw a couple of people say that they might be going solo. I'll wait to start a thread because I still have to wait to see if my Cash flow is going to let me do this in addition to my regular SWW trip and a F&W trip.

3. I'm actually hoping to get some Dollar figures. Really would Love to do this and the extra cost numbers are important to calculate out if I go or stay home.

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

Last edited by WizardLarz; 01-02-2013 at 10:35 PM.
WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #214
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Hey Gang

Kevin and I just got off the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line ship Allure of the Seas (sister ship to the Oasis which we will be on in August for DIS Cruise 1.0).

I'm going to do write ups for all the places we ate on the ship during our cruise. Since many will be identical on DIS Cruise 1.0 I thought you might be interested.

I started with a blog about the soda package/program - www.FoodieTales.com - and I will be adding more in the upcoming weeks.

Enjoy!!
John

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #215
rn4val
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

Sounds like I will be getting the soda package on the cruise. Can't wait to hear more
2008 AKV
2011 OKW
rn4val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:14 AM   #216
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
Hey Gang

Kevin and I just got off the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line ship Allure of the Seas (sister ship to the Oasis which we will be on in August for DIS Cruise 1.0).

I'm going to do write ups for all the places we ate on the ship during our cruise. Since many will be identical on DIS Cruise 1.0 I thought you might be interested.

I started with a blog about the soda package/program - www.FoodieTales.com - and I will be adding more in the upcoming weeks.

Enjoy!!
John
Wonderful! Can't wait to hear all about the options and places we'll be able to try.

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #217
WebmasterJohn
Genius

DISboards Administrator

Just posted a new blog:

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Allure of the Seas – Free Eats!!

http://foodietales.com/2013/01/royal...eas-free-eats/

Old 01-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #218
disneydaveb
Mouseketeer

After reading the blogs, which were great, I started looking for some info on the drink packages and I came across some new packages that include beer, wine and liquor. Could it be worth it? Maybe

Here is some info:

Packages must be purchased on the first day of a cruise for the entire length of the cruise. If one person in a cabin buys a package, all passengers older than 21 in that cabin must also purchase the package.

The two drink package options are:

The Classic package ($45 per person, per day)

This package features beer (priced $6.25 or less), house wines by the glass, as well as all nonalcoholic cocktails, sodas and juices. Bottled water and minibar items are not included.

The Premium package ($55 per person, per day)

The second option includes beer (no price limit), house wines by the glass, frozen drinks, cocktails including premium brands, as well as all nonalcoholic cocktails, sodas and juices. Bottled water and mini-bar items are not included.

Prices for both packages are inclusive of service charges. Package users may only order one item at a time for individual consumption. There is no daily limit on how many items a person may order.

The drink packages will be available on all ships by early 2013.
Aug/Sep 2007 - All Star Music / Sep/Oct 2006 - All Star Music / Sep/Oct 2005 - Pop Century
Nov 2004 - Disneyland Hotel / Oct 2003 - All Star Movies / Nov 2002 - All Star Movies
Jan 2002 - All Star Movies / Sep 2000 - All Star Movies / Jul 1978 - Contemporary

disneydaveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #219
WebmasterJohn
Genius

DISboards Administrator

New blog posted.....

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Allure of the Seas – Extra Cost Eats!!

http://foodietales.com/2013/01/royal...tra-cost-eats/

Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #220
WebmasterJohn
Genius

DISboards Administrator

New blog posted.............

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Allure of the Seas – Giovannis Table

http://foodietales.com/2013/01/royal...ovannis-table/

Old 01-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #221
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
New blog posted.............

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Allure of the Seas – Giovannis Table

http://foodietales.com/2013/01/royal...ovannis-table/
I'm going to need a longer cruise for all the delicious dining you've described so far - and I know you're not finished yet!

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #222
WebmasterJohn
Genius

DISboards Administrator

New blog posted....

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Allure of the Seas – Chops Grille

http://foodietales.com/2013/01/royal...-chops-grille/

Old 01-13-2013, 02:23 AM   #223
LionKingRules84
Mouseketeer

I have a really odd but specific question concerning Royal Caribbean. So I am a germ-a-phob and was wondering if due to their strange 'no alcohol' policy on bringing things on board is rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer likely to be flagged in your luggage? Just want to make sure we don't pack those and have our luggage put in jail. Also if neither are allowed to be brought on then are they able to be bought somewhere on the ship? More worried about not being able to have hand sanitizer, I never leave without it these days.

CR 1986
CBR October 1991
CBR October 1994
CSR September 2007 13 years is much too long trip report!
DIS Unplugged Exclusive Knights and Lights ABD October 2012
Swan August 2013 & DIS Cruise 1.0 on RCCL Oasis
LionKingRules84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #224
WebmasterJohn
Genius

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionKingRules84 View Post
I have a really odd but specific question concerning Royal Caribbean. So I am a germ-a-phob and was wondering if due to their strange 'no alcohol' policy on bringing things on board is rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer likely to be flagged in your luggage? Just want to make sure we don't pack those and have our luggage put in jail. Also if neither are allowed to be brought on then are they able to be bought somewhere on the ship? More worried about not being able to have hand sanitizer, I never leave without it these days.
Technically as long as it's not for drinking those items should be allowed, however it will be up to their desrection. If they see something they deem 'suspsicious' they may confiscate it. You are more likley to have the rubbing alcohol confiscated than hand sanitizer.

There is a shop onbaord all RCCL ships and, similar to DCL, they have a small personal hygiene selection. I don'ty specifically recall seeing rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer for sale but it might have been there.

The good news is RCCL, like DCL and all other cruise lines, are super aware of hygiene issues and offer purell/hand sanitzer near any and every food venue. You kind of can't go 10 feet without finding some.

During our recent Christmas cruise they made daily announcements about frequent hand washing, and you can't get into a restaurant (or even near one) without someone reminding you to get Purelled.

I would imagine that if you wanted some for your personal use you could go to guest services and ask for some and they would be happy to supply it to you - the last thing they want is for people to get sick.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #225
LionKingRules84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Technically as long as it's not for drinking those items should be allowed, however it will be up to their desrection. If they see something they deem 'suspsicious' they may confiscate it. You are more likley to have the rubbing alcohol confiscated than hand sanitizer.

There is a shop onbaord all RCCL ships and, similar to DCL, they have a small personal hygiene selection. I don'ty specifically recall seeing rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer for sale but it might have been there.

The good news is RCCL, like DCL and all other cruise lines, are super aware of hygiene issues and offer purell/hand sanitzer near any and every food venue. You kind of can't go 10 feet without finding some.

During our recent Christmas cruise they made daily announcements about frequent hand washing, and you can't get into a restaurant (or even near one) without someone reminding you to get Purelled.

I would imagine that if you wanted some for your personal use you could go to guest services and ask for some and they would be happy to supply it to you - the last thing they want is for people to get sick.
Awesome! Thanks John! I thought I saw Purell dispensers when looking at random pictures of the ship on google search and youtube videos but wasn't sure how many they had, good to know they are not hard to find!

CR 1986
CBR October 1991
CBR October 1994
CSR September 2007 13 years is much too long trip report!
DIS Unplugged Exclusive Knights and Lights ABD October 2012
Swan August 2013 & DIS Cruise 1.0 on RCCL Oasis
LionKingRules84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: