Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
LTinlove
Earning My Ears

Change of plans, and I'm freaking out!

Hello everyone! I just found this board a few days ago, but already it has been SO helpful!

My fiance and I have been engaged for about 8 months, and we were planning an October wedding (In Louisiana, which is where we both went to school). It was going to be on a beautiful plantation, and a good bit of the planning was completed. HOWEVER, due to us both being in the military, neither of us will be able to make our own wedding (that'd be awkward...), so we tried to reschedule. We found a new date in April, and we were even able to switch nearly everything without any issues! I was a bit nervous that we had to move it up so much, but we didn't really have any other options at the plantation. But of course, after a few months of planning, we found out that the fiance would not be able to make that date due to some of his training.

SO, we had to give up everything at the plantation. They were VERY kind, and we were able to get refunds on nearly everything due to our situation, however we still needed a new place for our wedding. Since our situation has changed, our mindset has changed as well: we don't just want a pretty ceremony and a nice reception; we want a CELEBRATION! What better place to do that than Disney?!? Essentially the only date that works is May 11, 2013 (yes...4 months away...).

My question is: Is it possible for a Disney wedding to come together this quickly?! We want a Wishes wedding with about 50-75 people. Thank you in advance for the help!
LTinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #2
Evi
DIS Veteran

I think it will all depend on availability. If disney is booked you could always check out shades of green. They offer complete wedding packages or build your own.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

I think Disney requires one month of prep time, if I recall correctly. Also, if you need to cancel for military reasons, they can either push back the date of your event, so none of your effort was wasted, or they can cancel all together, no penalty.

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

This is totally do-able. Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings is a well-oiled machine, and yes, they can even do a complete Wishes wedding with just one month's notice.

I'd just start getting your inspiration together ASAP so you can tell them exactly what you want for floral, decor, cake, etc. If you are able to go to WDW for a planning session, that will help, but they can also do everything over the phone/web.

Congratulations!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #5
LTinlove
Earning My Ears

Thanks y'all! I just spoke with the wedding consultant today, and she didn't seem to be stressing at all about it! May 12, 2013, here we come!!!
LTinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #6
belle2211
DIS Veteran

I planned my Wishes wedding in 5 1/2 months and could easily have had it sooner. It's definitely do-able!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: