Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
KEMdisney
DIS Veteran

4 day Bahamian Cruise / Disney Dream

Hi all! I'm a total cruise newbie in the beginning stages on planning. I have never been on a cruise before. I'm looking to add the 4day Bahamian cruise to our trip in June. (We are staying 5 days at Yacht Club- first time staying there! woohoo) We are a group of 4 adults.

What are some things I should know about cruising??
Will I go to every restaurant?
Do the 4 nights have a pirate-themed night?
Are their fireworks?
How crowded is the pool? I toured the Disney Magic before and that pool seemed small for so many people to share.
How crowded is the main deck, in general? It is hard to find a spot to sit?
I'm afraid of those tiny rooms so I want to spead as LEAST amount of time possible in the rooms -- what do I do all day?
Should we get off and explore Nassau, or is that a good day to stay on the ship??

Any other tips? I'd love to hear!

I'd love to hear ANY information, as I said I'm a total newbie. I consider myself a pro when it comes to WDW, so this is such a new feeling to have NO IDEA what I'm getting myself into! If you have any previous threads that would be good for me to read, I'd love for you to share!
All Star Sports '03
Boardwalk Villas '05
Saratoga Springs '07
Saratoga Springs '08
All Star Sports '08
Pop Century '09
Saratoga Springs '09
Disneyland April '11
Boardwalk Villas '11

Upcoming:
Disney Dream (1st cruise!!!) then Animal Kingdom Villas June 2013

KEMdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEMdisney View Post
Hi all! I'm a total cruise newbie in the beginning stages on planning. I have never been on a cruise before. I'm looking to add the 4day Bahamian cruise to our trip in June. (We are staying 5 days at Yacht Club- first time staying there! woohoo) We are a group of 4 adults.

What are some things I should know about cruising?? Number 1 tip - don't try to do everything, you can't
Will I go to every restaurant? You will "rotate" through all 3 Main Dining Rooms during your cruise.
Do the 4 nights have a pirate-themed night? All DCL cruises have a pirate night.
Are their fireworks? On all cruises except the Alaska ones.
How crowded is the pool? I toured the Disney Magic before and that pool seemed small for so many people to share. The pools can get quite crowded.
How crowded is the main deck, in general? It is hard to find a spot to sit? If you mean deck 4 (Promenade deck), we've always had luck getting a deck chair.
I'm afraid of those tiny rooms so I want to spead as LEAST amount of time possible in the rooms -- what do I do all day? Check the Navigators link in the red bar above for an idea of what's offered onboard.
Should we get off and explore Nassau, or is that a good day to stay on the ship?? Some people stay on the ship, others get off and do something.

Any other tips? I'd love to hear!

I'd love to hear ANY information, as I said I'm a total newbie. I consider myself a pro when it comes to WDW, so this is such a new feeling to have NO IDEA what I'm getting myself into! If you have any previous threads that would be good for me to read, I'd love for you to share!
See my answers above in red. Also, read the FAQ sticky above. Some of the information is a little outdated, but it's a good place to start. When you have more specific questions, ask here, we're a friendly bunch (for the most part).

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: