Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #91
mmmhf
Earning My Ears
 
mmmhf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansdad0727
It seems that if you opt in for the bracelet you are limiting yourself to the 3 fast pass+ attractions because you will not have a ticket to use with the regular fast pass machines. Now if I could schedule my FP+ on my phone and It would work like the regular FP system then it would be great. my fear is that I am limiting myself to only 3 FP's per day.
I just downloaded the app on my iPhone. (My disney experience) I was able to link all of my dining experiences for my June trip and my guess is that when the fastpass+ is up and going I will be able to log on to the app and schedule my fastpass attractions. I am staying offsite and I was able to access my information. It looks really simple and everything is there...wait times, dining, park maps, etc. Everything in one place. It doesn't say how many fastpasses, that part isn't functioning yet. I'm excited.
mmmhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #92
Mystery Fan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmhf View Post
I just downloaded the app on my iPhone. (My disney experience) I was able to link all of my dining experiences for my June trip and my guess is that when the fastpass+ is up and going I will be able to log on to the app and schedule my fastpass attractions. I am staying offsite and I was able to access my information. It looks really simple and everything is there...wait times, dining, park maps, etc. Everything in one place. It doesn't say how many fastpasses, that part isn't functioning yet. I'm excited.
Have fun getting fast passes staying off site, I have on site reservations and at sixty days out I gonna book my fast passes ASAP. I gonna book even for those days I may not go to a park just in case I chance my mind.
__________________
Mystery Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #93
mmmhf
Earning My Ears
 
mmmhf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Fan

Have fun getting fast passes staying off site, I have on site reservations and at sixty days out I gonna book my fast passes ASAP. I gonna book even for those days I may not go to a park just in case I chance my mind.
Obviously I'm hoping that when the site is functioning I will be able to book at 60 days just like I can with dining at 180. If not I will go and still enjoy. No big deal. It doesn't look like they are doing away with regular fastpass so I will have that (I'm sure fewer but we rarely use them anyway). I'm not worried. It will all workout.
mmmhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #94
Mystery Fan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmhf View Post
Obviously I'm hoping that when the site is functioning I will be able to book at 60 days just like I can with dining at 180. If not I will go and still enjoy. No big deal. It doesn't look like they are doing away with regular fastpass so I will have that (I'm sure fewer but we rarely use them anyway). I'm not worried. It will all workout.
Good luck to you. As of now I don't see how an off site guest will be able to book 60 days out without a Disney confirmed attendance date.
__________________
Mystery Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #95
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer
 
ryalluvdiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Fan

Good luck to you. As of now I don't see how an off site guest will be able to book 60 days out without a Disney confirmed attendance date.
Off site guests make ADRs, so what's the difference?
__________________
ryalluvdiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #96
Mystery Fan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz

Off site guests make ADRs, so what's the difference?
I see your point, if it works the same as ADR's then why wouldn't people just book for the spite of it?
__________________
Mystery Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #97
mmmhf
Earning My Ears
 
mmmhf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz

Off site guests make ADRs, so what's the difference?
That's what I was thinking.
mmmhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #98
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer
 
ryalluvdiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Fan

I see your point, if it works the same as ADR's then why wouldn't people just book for the spite of it?
I'm not sure where the "spite of it" is coming in.... If I'm planning a disney vacation... There is no reservations for the spite of it.... I'm riding the rides!!!
__________________
ryalluvdiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #99
Mystery Fan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz

I'm not sure where the "spite of it" is coming in.... If I'm planning a disney vacation... There is no reservations for the spite of it.... I'm riding the rides!!!
And just because I reserve a time doesn't mean I'm going to use it, stuff happens. But you can bet I'll book a time nevertheless.
__________________
Mystery Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #100
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer
 
ryalluvdiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Fan

And just because I reserve a time doesn't mean I'm going to use it, stuff happens. But you can bet I'll book a time nevertheless.
I understand that.... But I can see for the majority of people keeping the times they have. Im not going until june and have my 14 days(parks and ADRs) planned already. It seems that you will only be able to pick FP+ for one park each day.. So if and when I get to book that, I doubt I'm changing my mind.
__________________
ryalluvdiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #101
jmacaroni
Earning My Ears
 
jmacaroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2

I am a little confused- I rented points from a DVC member and have a reservation for November... I haven't purchased tickets yet (last time we just waited and bought them at the hotel front desk on check in day) in order to use the wristband I would have to purchase park tickets ahead of time right? If I just buy magic your way hopper passes through the website is there a way I can add them to my reservation or will they automatically be added on? I don't want to have to bother my friend who is the DVC member we rented from to have to call member services to purchase the tickets for us and have us reimburse her
jmacaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #102
mmmhf
Earning My Ears
 
mmmhf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz

I understand that.... But I can see for the majority of people keeping the times they have. Im not going until june and have my 14 days(parks and ADRs) planned already. It seems that you will only be able to pick FP+ for one park each day.. So if and when I get to book that, I doubt I'm changing my mind.
I agree. Definitely not wasting my few FP+ out of spite.
mmmhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #103
TwoMisfits
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 253

I am 100% against this new system, for while there is no need to opt in "now", it's all a slippery slope and Disney will not want to have 2 world class systems in place to handle 2 totally different types of guests for long. Since I value my and my family's privacy more than I value Disney, I'll wait a few years to see if this goes the way of other expensive, failed initiatives from their past. If not, there are many, many other places to visit in the world (just may need to switch my CC rewards)...
TwoMisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #104
Mystery Fan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacaroni
I am a little confused- I rented points from a DVC member and have a reservation for November... I haven't purchased tickets yet (last time we just waited and bought them at the hotel front desk on check in day) in order to use the wristband I would have to purchase park tickets ahead of time right? If I just buy magic your way hopper passes through the website is there a way I can add them to my reservation or will they automatically be added on? I don't want to have to bother my friend who is the DVC member we rented from to have to call member services to purchase the tickets for us and have us reimburse her
I think it is a little to early to give you a definite answer as to how you should proceed. Personally, we have PAPs and are DVC owners with a late May early June reservation and I expect I'll hear something from Disney in the next couple of months about booking Fastpass times.
__________________
Mystery Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #105
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM
DIS Veteran
 
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kentucky~~ Go Big Blue!
Posts: 1,809

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz

Off site guests make ADRs, so what's the difference?
But offsite guests do not get to make their ADR's as soon as onsite guests, so that's something to consider.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DS18) (DD15) (DS9) Ddog
May 1992~High school grad nite WDW trip/Howard Johnson's
April 2006~1st family WDW trip/Windsor Hills
June 2009~2 week WDW-Cocoa beach extravaganza!/Windsor Hills
October 2010~Our 1st WDW MNSSHP/Windsor Hills
June 2012~ 2 week WDW(YES program)-Universal-Seaworld-Cocoa beach/Windsor Hills
June/July 2014~last minute 20th anniversary/4th July trip!!!
October 2014~MNSSHP and onsite at CBR!
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.