Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #91
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansdad0727
It seems that if you opt in for the bracelet you are limiting yourself to the 3 fast pass+ attractions because you will not have a ticket to use with the regular fast pass machines. Now if I could schedule my FP+ on my phone and It would work like the regular FP system then it would be great. my fear is that I am limiting myself to only 3 FP's per day.
I just downloaded the app on my iPhone. (My disney experience) I was able to link all of my dining experiences for my June trip and my guess is that when the fastpass+ is up and going I will be able to log on to the app and schedule my fastpass attractions. I am staying offsite and I was able to access my information. It looks really simple and everything is there...wait times, dining, park maps, etc. Everything in one place. It doesn't say how many fastpasses, that part isn't functioning yet. I'm excited.
mmmhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #92
Mystery Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmhf View Post
I just downloaded the app on my iPhone. (My disney experience) I was able to link all of my dining experiences for my June trip and my guess is that when the fastpass+ is up and going I will be able to log on to the app and schedule my fastpass attractions. I am staying offsite and I was able to access my information. It looks really simple and everything is there...wait times, dining, park maps, etc. Everything in one place. It doesn't say how many fastpasses, that part isn't functioning yet. I'm excited.
Have fun getting fast passes staying off site, I have on site reservations and at sixty days out I gonna book my fast passes ASAP. I gonna book even for those days I may not go to a park just in case I chance my mind.
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #93
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Fan

Have fun getting fast passes staying off site, I have on site reservations and at sixty days out I gonna book my fast passes ASAP. I gonna book even for those days I may not go to a park just in case I chance my mind.
Obviously I'm hoping that when the site is functioning I will be able to book at 60 days just like I can with dining at 180. If not I will go and still enjoy. No big deal. It doesn't look like they are doing away with regular fastpass so I will have that (I'm sure fewer but we rarely use them anyway). I'm not worried. It will all workout.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #94
Mystery Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmhf View Post
Obviously I'm hoping that when the site is functioning I will be able to book at 60 days just like I can with dining at 180. If not I will go and still enjoy. No big deal. It doesn't look like they are doing away with regular fastpass so I will have that (I'm sure fewer but we rarely use them anyway). I'm not worried. It will all workout.
Good luck to you. As of now I don't see how an off site guest will be able to book 60 days out without a Disney confirmed attendance date.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #95
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Good luck to you. As of now I don't see how an off site guest will be able to book 60 days out without a Disney confirmed attendance date.
Off site guests make ADRs, so what's the difference?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #96
Mystery Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz

I see your point, if it works the same as ADR's then why wouldn't people just book for the spite of it?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #97
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Quote:

That's what I was thinking.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #98
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I see your point, if it works the same as ADR's then why wouldn't people just book for the spite of it?
I'm not sure where the "spite of it" is coming in.... If I'm planning a disney vacation... There is no reservations for the spite of it.... I'm riding the rides!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #99
Mystery Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm not sure where the "spite of it" is coming in.... If I'm planning a disney vacation... There is no reservations for the spite of it.... I'm riding the rides!!!
And just because I reserve a time doesn't mean I'm going to use it, stuff happens. But you can bet I'll book a time nevertheless.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #100
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:

And just because I reserve a time doesn't mean I'm going to use it, stuff happens. But you can bet I'll book a time nevertheless.
I understand that.... But I can see for the majority of people keeping the times they have. Im not going until june and have my 14 days(parks and ADRs) planned already. It seems that you will only be able to pick FP+ for one park each day.. So if and when I get to book that, I doubt I'm changing my mind.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #101
jmacaroni
Earning My Ears

I am a little confused- I rented points from a DVC member and have a reservation for November... I haven't purchased tickets yet (last time we just waited and bought them at the hotel front desk on check in day) in order to use the wristband I would have to purchase park tickets ahead of time right? If I just buy magic your way hopper passes through the website is there a way I can add them to my reservation or will they automatically be added on? I don't want to have to bother my friend who is the DVC member we rented from to have to call member services to purchase the tickets for us and have us reimburse her
jmacaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #102
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I understand that.... But I can see for the majority of people keeping the times they have. Im not going until june and have my 14 days(parks and ADRs) planned already. It seems that you will only be able to pick FP+ for one park each day.. So if and when I get to book that, I doubt I'm changing my mind.
I agree. Definitely not wasting my few FP+ out of spite.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #103
TwoMisfits
Mouseketeer

I am 100% against this new system, for while there is no need to opt in "now", it's all a slippery slope and Disney will not want to have 2 world class systems in place to handle 2 totally different types of guests for long. Since I value my and my family's privacy more than I value Disney, I'll wait a few years to see if this goes the way of other expensive, failed initiatives from their past. If not, there are many, many other places to visit in the world (just may need to switch my CC rewards)...
TwoMisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #104
Mystery Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacaroni
I am a little confused- I rented points from a DVC member and have a reservation for November... I haven't purchased tickets yet (last time we just waited and bought them at the hotel front desk on check in day) in order to use the wristband I would have to purchase park tickets ahead of time right? If I just buy magic your way hopper passes through the website is there a way I can add them to my reservation or will they automatically be added on? I don't want to have to bother my friend who is the DVC member we rented from to have to call member services to purchase the tickets for us and have us reimburse her
I think it is a little to early to give you a definite answer as to how you should proceed. Personally, we have PAPs and are DVC owners with a late May early June reservation and I expect I'll hear something from Disney in the next couple of months about booking Fastpass times.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #105
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:

But offsite guests do not get to make their ADR's as soon as onsite guests, so that's something to consider.
June 2009~2 week WDW-Cocoa beach extravaganza!/Windsor Hills
October 2010~Our 1st WDW MNSSHP/Windsor Hills
June 2012~ 2 week WDW(YES program)-Universal-Seaworld-Cocoa beach/Windsor Hills
June/July 2014~last minute 20th anniversary/4th July trip!!!
October 2014~MNSSHP and onsite at CBR!
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: