Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #16
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Maybe there isn't a lot of talk about it because there really isn't anything bad to say. We all tend to post our negative experiences and I personally have nothing negative to say about ASM.

We have stayed there twice.

- beautiful resort
- very clean
- great cm's
- very clean and well maintained food court
- never too busy at food court
- buses were quick and efficient and we rarely shared with other all star resorts

My only advice is to pay for a preferred room in Calypso if you want to be near buses and food court.
ITA with all of this, especially the bolded part. When people complain about dirty rooms, bussing etc, it's not about Music. Which is why even though we've visited every other resort, we're booked in for a 6th year.

And Music has the friendliest CMs I've ever met in WDW, although they're great in most other places too. A lot of them have been working there since the resort opened and even though Disney has tried to move them to other resorts, they have chosen to stay there. So I think it's built into the culture of the resort. My DD and I were just talking about this last night and the CMs are by far our favourite thing about the resort -- she can't wait to see the guy with the Mickey glove who is always there to greet us.

Music is a little more spread out than Sports or Movies, but still not as big as other WDW resorts, so if the walk to your morning coffee is going to get you down every day splurge for a preferred room.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #17
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
bolding is mine....
ummm....NO the food courts are no where near the same size. I have stayed at both and POP's is MUCH bigger. Disney was smart enough to realize that POP has more rooms and allowed for that! They also have more choices (stations) at POP. It has an ice cream bar & bakery. I don't recall ASMu having anything close to that but it's been a few years since I have stayed there. and FYI, POP isn't twice as big as an AllStar it's one and a half times as large....just so you have your facts straight.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Yes, they have an ice cream bar and bakery at all of the All Star resorts -- actually every WDW resort we've eaten at. They have the same food stations too, but some differences in the menus, eg. we couldn't get turkey dinner or chicken quesadillas at Pop any year we've eaten there. But they had a few things that weren't on the All Star menus.

It seems like the food court at Pop is a lot bigger but that's partly because the gift shop is in the food court -- which could be good or bad depending on your point of view. It's not a lot bigger but there are more tables. But regardless of where you stay, the food courts are packed at certain times of day eg. breakfast before everyone heads to the parks on Saturday morning.

Pop has frozen cokes. I guess that's a big deal for people who like Pop, so I had to say that

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #18
npealer
Mouseketeer

Love all the info and pics! We will be staying at the ASMu on 01/23. This is our first trip staying on site and it seems like this is a good resort to start at!

DL/CA- Too many to remember
WDW-Jan 1997 Offsite, April 2003 offsite, November 2005 offsite, Jan 2013 AS Music

npealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by npealer View Post
Love all the info and pics! We will be staying at the ASMu on 01/23. This is our first trip staying on site and it seems like this is a good resort to start at!
I agree -- it's not too big or too expensive. You'll get the wdw perks and you'll know better what you want for your next trip -- it might be exactly what you want.

We're leaving winter when we're there in February, so I love the landscaping and the outdoor walkways -- I wouldn't want to stay somewhere with interior hallways. It's a good resort for us because we like to swim a lot, plus we go to the water parks so we don't really need an elaborate pool.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #20
earthiejen
Mouseketeer

We have stayed there in a regular room and a family suite. If you can afford the suite, we enjoyed more space and being closer to the front. We have stayed at Pop and prefer AsMu. It was less busy to us. When we had a standard room we were all the way back in the country section and we said we wouldn't do that again. It was a long walk back to the food court, shops, main pool, buses. After a long day at the parks we were like are we there yet??? The family suites are in the closest buildings. When we stayed there we didn't really think about the walk at all.
We don't really have any negatives on the resort either. It is a nice place to stay for the money.
May 25-29, 2013 Beach Club
August 31-September 4, 2012 All Star Music
September 18-22 2011 Pop Century
2nd trip September 19-24 2010 All Stars Music
Our first Disney trip(March 15-22 2009) was awesome!
earthiejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #21
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

We stayed at ASMU 2 years ago, Jazz building, family suite. It was our first stay onsite (well, I stayed at Contemporary and Poly a looong time ago when I was younger). We all loved it. No complaints at all. I'd go back there again, if there weren't so many other resorts to choose from.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #22
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosesix View Post
Yes, they have an ice cream bar and bakery at all of the All Star resorts -- actually every WDW resort we've eaten at. They have the same food stations too, but some differences in the menus, eg. we couldn't get turkey dinner or chicken quesadillas at Pop any year we've eaten there. But they had a few things that weren't on the All Star menus.

It seems like the food court at Pop is a lot bigger but that's partly because the gift shop is in the food court -- which could be good or bad depending on your point of view. It's not a lot bigger but there are more tables. But regardless of where you stay, the food courts are packed at certain times of day eg. breakfast before everyone heads to the parks on Saturday morning.

Pop has frozen cokes. I guess that's a big deal for people who like Pop, so I had to say that
Pop doesn't have the frozen cokes anymore.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all star music resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: