Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #76
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
That could be 4-5 Headliner e-ticket type rides.
Not if everything goes according to plan. (Disney's plans.)
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #77
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3happydancers View Post
Maybe this idea is good for some, but I am one that does not like having all my "eggs" in one basket. If you happen to lose your bracelet, you've lost everything.

Then again, isn't that the way it was with your room key? You could bundle your cc charges, room key, and park tickets all on one card. Sorry, just thinking outwardly and trying to look at this from different angles.

Still, I'd rather have a card then to have to wear a bracelet. I don't wear a watch so I guess for me, the wristband is not appealing. I guess we will have to see how this all works out.
Uh.. no..? They still have a computer system with all of your information and can just give you a new one. AP holders don't have to not lose their ticket for an entire year and otherwise be screwed. They just reissue with proper ID.
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #78
Sammie
DIS Veteran

The band is just going to be more convenient. No one is going to force anyone or child to wear it. You can get the same info on a card because nonresort guests will have the card versus band anyway.

As to losing them, people lose their Resort IDs every hour of every day at Disney, it does not stop them from having a good vacation. You simply get it replaced.

A friend saw the bands today and said they are very light weight, non plastic material that was adjustable and very comfortable.

If you don't want to wear it on your wrist, fasten it to your bag or put it in your pocket.

The convenience is in the wearing, it is not what makes it work.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #79
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
Uh.. no..? They still have a computer system with all of your information and can just give you a new one. AP holders don't have to not lose their ticket for an entire year and otherwise be screwed. They just reissue with proper ID.
Thanks. I did not know there was a way to cancel and reissue these bracelets. I am not familiar with AP holders so I don't know how that works. I just know that in the past, I would photo copy or take a picture of my card and bar code. Not knowing exactly how the bracelets work or what they look like, I thought once lost, gone for good.

Still, I am not sure of this new system for many reasons but I am willing to wait and see, give it a try, and then make a decision whether or not I like it.

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
2009 Saratoga Springs/POFQ
2010 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
3happydancers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #80
Sammie
DIS Veteran

When you purchase an annual pass it it tied to your home address and phone number. As long as you have ID stating your info, you can easily have it replaced if lost. I am sure the bands will be the same way.

The only advantage for anyone over someone else with this system as Mousemerf has said, if you want to set up your Fastpass+ selections in advance you will need your tickets in advance to be able to link them to your account.

Those buying tickets from nonDisney sources will have to have those tickets in advance to do advance booking.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #81
Ryansdad0727
DIS Veteran

It seems that if you opt in for the bracelet you are limiting yourself to the 3 fast pass+ attractions because you will not have a ticket to use with the regular fast pass machines. Now if I could schedule my FP+ on my phone and It would work like the regular FP system then it would be great. my fear is that I am limiting myself to only 3 FP's per day.
Polynesian: 1992, Port Orleans: Riverside August 2004, Old Key West: July 2009, Old Key West: December 2010, Treehouse Villas at SSR: December 2011, Old Key West: March 2012, Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge: July 2012, SSR: July 2012, Boardwalk Villas: March 2014, Bay Lake Tower: July 2014
Ryansdad0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #82
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansdad0727 View Post
It seems that if you opt in for the bracelet you are limiting yourself to the 3 fast pass+ attractions because you will not have a ticket to use with the regular fast pass machines. Now if I could schedule my FP+ on my phone and It would work like the regular FP system then it would be great. my fear is that I am limiting myself to only 3 FP's per day.
But you'll get a shiny new bracelet......... That's supposed to blind you to all those nasty little details.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #83
txaggie94gigem
Cruisin' with Disney
Water is #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
Quick clarification.. anyone can convert their tickets to RFID and use FP+ for free.

Day guests - those not staying at a disney resort and those who aren't APs - will have an RFID card/sticker in that instance. If they want a MagicBand, they have to buy one of the "designers" ones. Disney will only give away the free ones to APs and Resort guests.
But if u r going to be a day guest how can u sign up in advance for fast pass+ if u have not bought a ticket yet?
Disney Magic 8 day Bahamas April 26, 2013; Disney Magic Anniversary cruise Feb 5, 2013; WDW 2012; Universal 2011 (the shame!); Disney Dream Dec 2011; Disney Dream Maiden Voyage Jan 2011; WDW Dec 2010; WDW June 2010; WDW May 2009; Disney Magic May 2008 Panama Canal; Disney Magic May 12, 2007 1st Transatlantic Crossing to the Med; Disney Magic Nov 2006 Castaway Cay Double Dip; Disneyland June 2006; Disney Magic Oct 2005; Disney Wonder Nov 2004; WDW Nov 2004; WDW Jan 1993; WDW May 1988

txaggie94gigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #84
Ryansdad0727
DIS Veteran

Ii think I will keep my paper ticket and continue to hoard FP's first thing in the morning. Even with the "new" FP policy we can still easily use 5 to 8 FP's in a day. And with child swap...forgetaboutit... How will they check at the rides for EMH with no key card..... Are they going to scan everyone?
Polynesian: 1992, Port Orleans: Riverside August 2004, Old Key West: July 2009, Old Key West: December 2010, Treehouse Villas at SSR: December 2011, Old Key West: March 2012, Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge: July 2012, SSR: July 2012, Boardwalk Villas: March 2014, Bay Lake Tower: July 2014
Ryansdad0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #85
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggie94gigem View Post
But if u r going to be a day guest how can u sign up in advance for fast pass+ if u have not bought a ticket yet?
you can't and that will be the advantage of being a Disney resort guest with pre-purchased ticket media.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #86
txaggie94gigem
Cruisin' with Disney
Water is #1

Ok...another scenario...

My Disney cruise includes a day at wdw....I have a reservation number for the cruise but will that let me make a fast pass reservation for my day at wdw? We have been told our room keys will also be our ticket....
Disney Magic 8 day Bahamas April 26, 2013; Disney Magic Anniversary cruise Feb 5, 2013; WDW 2012; Universal 2011 (the shame!); Disney Dream Dec 2011; Disney Dream Maiden Voyage Jan 2011; WDW Dec 2010; WDW June 2010; WDW May 2009; Disney Magic May 2008 Panama Canal; Disney Magic May 12, 2007 1st Transatlantic Crossing to the Med; Disney Magic Nov 2006 Castaway Cay Double Dip; Disneyland June 2006; Disney Magic Oct 2005; Disney Wonder Nov 2004; WDW Nov 2004; WDW Jan 1993; WDW May 1988

txaggie94gigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #87
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ii think I will keep my paper ticket and continue to hoard FP's first thing in the morning. Even with the "new" FP policy we can still easily use 5 to 8 FP's in a day. And with child swap...forgetaboutit... How will they check at the rides for EMH with no key card..... Are they going to scan everyone?
All they would have to do for EMH is have some portable scanners, at locations leading into each land, just like they do now for EMH where the CMs set up barriers and check IDs, and have a CM man this, if you scan and get green, you are in, Red you are out. Most rides will have the scanner at the entrance anway.

It should actually help them clear the parks of nonresort guests at late EMH.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #88
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
All they would have to do for EMH is have some portable scanners, at locations leading into each land, just like they do now for EMH where the CMs set up barriers and check IDs, and have a CM man this, if you scan and get green, you are in, Red you are out. Most rides will have the scanner at the entrance anway.

It should actually help them clear the parks of nonresort guests at late EMH.
That is one good thing about this FP+ - it isn't going to be able to replace EMH. If anything, EMH will be needed to be expanded now so that onsite guests can actually ride the headliners more than once.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #89
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm assuming everyone at EMH will have to use the FP+ entrance on rides, and that it will be programmed to read whether you have a current resort reservation or not.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #90
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
That is one good thing about this FP+ - it isn't going to be able to replace EMH. If anything, EMH will be needed to be expanded now so that onsite guests can actually ride the headliners more than once.
Ain't that the truth!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: