Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
mamamac
Mouseketeer

The Arcade

My nephews will not stop talking about how they are going to the arcade for the whole day. HAHA little do they know that I, their Aunt, that has planned this for over a year will NOT allow that, nor will their mother. But I'm sure at some point they will go for a bit. They asked me today how much the arcade is. They stumped me. I didn't know there was an arcade...

So...

How much are the games? Is it a prepay type card or your room key? (PLEASE tell me it's not the room key!!!) Or do they need to bring their own change / money?

Thanks!

4/2002 - Family Reunion at Contemporary
5/2009 - Family fun with neighbors and inlaws at Windsor Hills
5/2010 - A "Re-do of the Re-do Vacation" at Wilderness Lodge
5/2011 - Contemporary with Oma and Opa

June 2013 Looking forward to our first cruise with the family!
mamamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Which ship?
It's not the room key.
They may be disappointed with the arcade.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
mamamac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
Which ship?
It's not the room key.
They may be disappointed with the arcade.
The Dream.

And THANK GOODNESS it's not the room key. I could only imagine what kind of damage would be done!

4/2002 - Family Reunion at Contemporary
5/2009 - Family fun with neighbors and inlaws at Windsor Hills
5/2010 - A "Re-do of the Re-do Vacation" at Wilderness Lodge
5/2011 - Contemporary with Oma and Opa

June 2013 Looking forward to our first cruise with the family!
mamamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
Weedy
DIS Veteran

There are a few times during the cruise where the kids clubs "invade the arcade" and the machines are free
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamac View Post
My nephews will not stop talking about how they are going to the arcade for the whole day. HAHA little do they know that I, their Aunt, that has planned this for over a year will NOT allow that, nor will their mother. But I'm sure at some point they will go for a bit. They asked me today how much the arcade is. They stumped me. I didn't know there was an arcade...

So...

How much are the games? Is it a prepay type card or your room key? (PLEASE tell me it's not the room key!!!) Or do they need to bring their own change / money?

Thanks!
You purchase an arcade card, putting the charge on your onboard account. You can load it with whatever amount you wish. I will point out, if your kids have charging priviledges on their KTTW cards, they can add money to their aracade cards. This has resulted in some pretty nasty surprises at the end of the cruise for some parents. Also, I've read reports of older kids in the arcade conning younger kids (whose parents have not turned off the charging priviledges for them) into loading up their cards.

Fortunately, our kids were past the arcade age group by the time we took them cruising. But, if they hadn't been, I would have purchased and arcade card with, say $20-$25 dollars on it and said, this is for the entire cruise. Use it up the first day, or spread it's use out - it's up to you.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You buy a $10 arcade card (paying with a KTTW with charging). Then it can be re-loaded in $5 amounts. This way, the kid does not need to have charging on his KTTW card in order to play.

As above, the tween group sometimes has "invade the arcade" time. During this hour ANYONE can play for free. The machines are re-set for the free play, but they can't/don't reserve the space just for the tweens...although they might intimidate a younger kid.

My suggestion--if kid is going to use the arcade, do not give him charging on his KTTW card. There are way too many horror storied about older kids tricking younger ones into recharging THEIR card, etc.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

I will point out, if your kids have charging priviledges on their KTTW cards, they can add money to their aracade cards. This has resulted in some pretty nasty surprises at the end of the cruise for some parents.

I witnessed this on the last night of our panama Canal cruise. I was waiting at GS and there was a man there with his son. Kid kept saying he didn't charge his KTTWcard at the arcade. GS stated it had been swiped more than once. After going back and forth for what seemed like 30 mins, kid finally announced that he had and was lying. That was one upset dad!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt E w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt WBPC; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt E w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt W w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt W w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: