Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Guest Count - Will DFTW downgrade me to Escape from Wishes

Hello,

I am not engaged yet but my partner and I have been having serious talks about it happening this year

We plan on inviting about 25-30 guests although I don't think over half of them will travel to WDW but still have to invite them. I know of 8 that will definately come. Will DFTW downgrade me from Wishes to Escape if my guest count gets below 18?

I don't mind paying extra if guest count gets lower than the wishes minimum, and I love the flexibilty that comes with a wishes wedding...also it sounds better than an escape wedding . I don't want to have to change all my plans a few months out because certain family members chose not to attend.

Thanks

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran

It's all about the minimum, not the guest count. So as long as you are willing to spend the Wishes minimum, you are fine.

What is that you don't like about the Escape wedding? It is plenty customizable, no matter what the DFTW web site says We had a decent amount of changes to our Escape package, and it was beautiful.

1987 Off-property; 2008 Off-property; June 2011 DFTW!!! POR & Off-property; December 2011 POP; June 2012 POP; June 2013 POP; December 2013 AoA
geek+nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Thanks. I love that you get more options for ceremony locations with Wishes and it is fully customisable. If I am allowed to upgrade to a wishes locations then I will be fine with an escape wedding. If I do end up having an escape wedding I plan on upgrading everything that it comes with LOL.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

Old 02-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
DixieBelle
A Pirate at heart! Go ECU!

People report lots of trouble downgrading. After the contract is signed, you essentially are locked in with the minimums. On the other hand, a few people have reported going up to a wishes event without penalty. So possibly start lower with an eye to upgrading if your guest count rises high enough for the money to make sense? Whatever you do, I hope you have a great wedding!!
Old 02-23-2012, 03:02 AM   #5
TabZ
DFTW Bride October 2014!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Thanks. I love that you get more options for ceremony locations with Wishes and it is fully customisable. If I am allowed to upgrade to a wishes locations then I will be fine with an escape wedding. If I do end up having an escape wedding I plan on upgrading everything that it comes with LOL.
You can definatly upgrade - you can book your Escape wedding, with the $1k deposit, then if you change your mind all you need to do is pay another $1k deposit and they will send you a new contract for your Wishes wedding - of course they will let you pay more but never less once you have signed on the dotted line!

November 2002 - DLC - offsite, April 2005 - WDW - offsite, October 2005 - DLRP - offsite, October 2008 - DLRP - offsite,
July 2011 - WDW - POR, October 2011 - DLRP - Dream Castle Hotel ENGAGED!!! November 2013 - WDW - CSR & Disney Dream

Planning our Disney Fairytale Wedding 21st October, 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2847299 Wedding PJ
TabZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

They will occasionally let you pay less, right? Deena (LuvLuvLuv) switched from wishes to memories when she got married.
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #7
PoSh HuNnY
Mouseketeer

CinderALLIE...if there are a lot of add-ons you're looking to do then you just may meet a wishes minimum anyway..I'm in that situation right now!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #8
disneyamy4
Mouseketeer

i would suggest starting with escape and the upgrading to wishes if need be.
you say there are more locations, where were you thinking of having your ceremony?

since you are travelling you could send out a 'pre-rsvp' to the guests you plan on inviting with answers 'definitely, probably, maybe and no' then you can get a good idea of your numbers. if like you say, only 15 say yes/maybe, you'll probably be best with escape.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSh HuNnY View Post
CinderALLIE...if there are a lot of add-ons you're looking to do then you just may meet a wishes minimum anyway..I'm in that situation right now!
I will deffinately meet the minimum as I am all about giving Disney my money. Only issue I have right now is waiting for the boyf to propose (he has agreed to disney wedding and we are saving to buy house together) and when we can go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyamy4 View Post
i would suggest starting with escape and the upgrading to wishes if need be.
you say there are more locations, where were you thinking of having your ceremony?

since you are travelling you could send out a 'pre-rsvp' to the guests you plan on inviting with answers 'definitely, probably, maybe and no' then you can get a good idea of your numbers. if like you say, only 15 say yes/maybe, you'll probably be best with escape.
Thanks for advice. I do plan on doing a pre-rsvp but thats mainly so when people say no I can spend the $$$ on other things.

I like Italy as a ceremony location but haven't got my heart set on any particular one as they are all beutiful and I think I should let the future husband have some say LOL

Old 01-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
clarabella
Mouseketeer

I put this to the dftw planers I was told if I pay for wishes and don't have enough guests I would break the contract and therefore they can move you out of venues etc! I was advised to do escape then upgrade!
clarabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
clarabella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarabella
I put this to the dftw planers I was told if I pay for wishes and don't have enough guests I would break the contract and therefore they can move you out of venues etc! I was advised to do escape then upgrade!
Also I was way over the minimum with the guests that were definates but they still were not going to let me do it!
clarabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #12
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarabella View Post
I may slip from 20 to 19, but I was told I would be just fine if I went below the person minimum. Then, I am getting married in November. Time of year may make a difference with this. Checking with your planner would be the best.
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: