Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #61
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNwoodY0824 View Post
Ha good luck with that. I don't even like the idea of wearing one.
THIS! When I am there in the steamy heat of August I want to wear as little as possible (not to mention when I get hot flashes!)

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
2009 Saratoga Springs/POFQ
2010 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
3happydancers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #62
JaimeA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf

Cant be done until you have the tickets in hand. Tickets have barcodes and identifiers you can type in online like APs do.
So if you buy tickets from UT and get them early can you enter them? I have an AP but my mom is coming with us and she ordered from UT. She is staying with us at BWV.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

JaimeA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #63
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeA View Post
So if you buy tickets from UT and get them early can you enter them? I have an AP but my mom is coming with us and she ordered from UT. She is staying with us at BWV.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
In theory once everything is working. Resort guests are going to get the system rolled out first - whether that means package guests only at first or not is unknown.
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #64
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

I personally think this could be awesome! I dislike change as much as the next person but sometimes change is good and necessary. If its a bad thing we will soon find out. Until then people need to keep an open mind. It could be great.
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #65
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting the pictures of the wristbands Mousemerf! It is good to know that they fasten like watches. They actually are kind of cute. While I still don't like this whole plan your ride time out before your day begins or else stand in standby lines, at least I know that the wristbands won't be locked on our wrists. I know ours will be in my purse instead of on our wrists. DH will be annoyed because he likes to keep his KTTW card in his wallet, but I know he won't want to wear the wristband all day, especially if it is hot outside. DD (6) has hated wristbands since she was a baby and she has extremely sensitive skin that can get irritated and rashy really quickly with things like that on, so I doubt that hers will ever even go on her wrist. I would actually be okay with this system if regular Fast Pass was available too. If they are removing regular fast pass, then I think this is a disaster. It will be back to the way it was before Fast Pass when you couldn't avoid standing in long lines during a park day.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #66
elyse43230
Is this real life? I feel funny...

I love Disney World!

Wrist bands cannot make me stop going! To me it will be the most magical place on Earth until the day I die!

FP+ is going to be awesome!!!!

I hope I can get my wristband in PINK!!

Disney Trips! June 2013 OKW June 2012 POFQ Feb 2009 POFQ July 2008 Epcot March 2008 5 Days POFQ April 2007 MK w/ Mom October 2001 Poly July 1993 MK August 1989 MK - 5 years old (Shannon gets her ears)
elyse43230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #67
ChristusG
DIS Veteran

My question is what happens to those of us with AP's who make frequent trips? Since I go often, I tend to plan less. I can't plan my trip six months in advance because I may not even know I'm heading down to Disney until one month prior. Or I may wake up one day and say "hey, I think I'll plan a trip to Disney next weekend." We go often....of course I'm not going to plan like someone taking a once in a lifetime trip (or even those who go once every few years). So where does that leave us? Waiting in a standby line every time because I couldn't make my fastpass reservation six months in advance? I don't want to plan my days like that! Seems way too rigid.

Been to Disney more than 30 times....now enjoying sharing the magic with my girls. Love camping at Fort Wilderness in our pop up camper!
ChristusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #68
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristusG View Post
My question is what happens to those of us with AP's who make frequent trips? Since I go often, I tend to plan less. I can't plan my trip six months in advance because I may not even know I'm heading down to Disney until one month prior. Or I may wake up one day and say "hey, I think I'll plan a trip to Disney next weekend." We go often....of course I'm not going to plan like someone taking a once in a lifetime trip (or even those who go once every few years). So where does that leave us? Waiting in a standby line every time because I couldn't make my fastpass reservation six months in advance? I don't want to plan my days like that! Seems way too rigid.
a) it's 60 days.

b) you get what's left at the time you decide to go. Same as dining.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #69
Metsoskil
Citi Field, Rehoboth Beach, and WDW are my 3 favorite places.

I purchased the DVC discounted PAP that I plan on activating for our 2+ week trip in August. I have the voucher cards (I'm not sure what to call them) that I received in the mail. We'll be staying at an off-site TS for the first two weeks, and using DVC point for the last 6 days.

Am I understanding that I will not be able to take advantage of FP+ then until I activate the PAP? Won't that make it likely that any of the major rides will be booked by that time?

Or can I still keep everything separate and use the old FP system?

And how will it work when I am staying on-site w/ my AP? Will they just scan my bracelet at check-in to add the room key?

WDW: Jul '91, May '93, Dec '99, Aug '07, Aug '08, Aug '09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Aug '10, Mar '11, Aug '11, Dec '11, Aug '13, Nov/Dec '13
Disneyland Paris: Aug '12
DCL: Jul '12 Magic NYC Weekend Getaway, Dec '13 Dream 3-night Bahamas
Upcoming Trips: WDW Jul '14, DCL Alaska - Wonder Aug '15
Metsoskil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #70
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsoskil View Post
I purchased the DVC discounted PAP that I plan on activating for our 2+ week trip in August. I have the voucher cards (I'm not sure what to call them) that I received in the mail. We'll be staying at an off-site TS for the first two weeks, and using DVC point for the last 6 days.

Am I understanding that I will not be able to take advantage of FP+ then until I activate the PAP? Won't that make it likely that any of the major rides will be booked by that time?

Or can I still keep everything separate and use the old FP system?

And how will it work when I am staying on-site w/ my AP? Will they just scan my bracelet at check-in to add the room key?
No, you have a voucher. A voucher works like a real AP as far as the website is concerned. Go register and link it your account today - that's already possible.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #71
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

There's a reason AP's are one of the first to be rolled into the benefit..

They're all already (for the most part) registered as ticket holders with Disney with some of their demographics filled in.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #72
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudless Nights View Post
This is my problem. We EASILY use 4-5+ fastpasses a day..
That could be 4-5 Headliner e-ticket type rides.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #73
mommy2twingles
Mouseketeer

What about those people who book through a travel agent. I know when I book with AAA I can not see my reservations online. So even if I buy a package am I out of luck for everything

mommy2twingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #74
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

In the "How 'for serious' is Disney?" news...

DVC reservations center CMs had hands on training with the MagicBands today. As in, the bands were there and fondled lots by the CMs.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #75
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara8595 View Post
We frequent a Great Wolf Lodge near our home and they have a similar wristband system. We've been going since my son was 2 and have never had a problem. Haven't heard any complaints from others either. It's really nice to have your money, your key, and your admission bundled to a wristband. Very convenient.

If they could bundle your pass into your wristband at check-in and include the discount automatically when applicable - wouldn't that be great?
Maybe this idea is good for some, but I am one that does not like having all my "eggs" in one basket. If you happen to lose your bracelet, you've lost everything.

Then again, isn't that the way it was with your room key? You could bundle your cc charges, room key, and park tickets all on one card. Sorry, just thinking outwardly and trying to look at this from different angles.

Still, I'd rather have a card then to have to wear a bracelet. I don't wear a watch so I guess for me, the wristband is not appealing. I guess we will have to see how this all works out.

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
2009 Saratoga Springs/POFQ
2010 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
3happydancers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: