Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #16
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

one other thing -- we've walked the resort a lot of times. Country seems the furthest away from Melody Hall, but it really isn't any further than Rock or Broadway -- you're just still walking in a straight line. The rooms in Country are further from the parking lots than most of the other rooms though.

But we have yet to stay in Country -- we're almost always in Jazz.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #17
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I requested Broadway area; I just love all the pictures from there! Going in 48 days!
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #18
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I requested Broadway area; I just love all the pictures from there! Going in 48 days!
Broadway is awesome -- the lights at night make it really special (and for you that will be any time after 6 pm or so)

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #19
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
I didn't make any requests but I'm hoping for Broadway! The last time I stayed there (which was probably about 10 years ago) we had stayed in Broadway and I loved it! But then again the whole resort was so fun!

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #20
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
I didn't make any requests but I'm hoping for Broadway! The last time I stayed there (which was probably about 10 years ago) we had stayed in Broadway and I loved it! But then again the whole resort was so fun!
You should request it if you want it -- you'll probably get it!! Most people request something closer to Melody Hall. I always make at least one room request -- I usually get everything I requested (but getting a first floor room is the top one on my list).

Old 01-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #21
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosesix View Post
You should request it if you want it -- you'll probably get it!! Most people request something closer to Melody Hall. I always make at least one room request -- I usually get everything I requested (but getting a first floor room is the top one on my list).
Why first floor, if I may ask? I asked for a top floor. I had read that they may be quieter...
Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #22
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosesix View Post
Oh it doesn't really matter that much, I'll just be extra happy if I get it. If not, I can always walk over to it. I don't spend much time at the resort anyway (hence why I go value every time)

Old 01-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #23
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Are there any King bed rooms in non preferred buildings? Would love one in Country Fair or Broadway for the quiet.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #24
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
Are there any King bed rooms in non preferred buildings? Would love one in Country Fair or Broadway for the quiet.
I believe so but King bed rooms do not have a tub and go to guests with disabilities first because they have bathrooms that can accommodate wheelchairs.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #25
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Why first floor, if I may ask? I asked for a top floor. I had read that they may be quieter...
We don't find it quieter on the upper floors in Music -- the first floor has a concrete walkway, and the upper floors have a balcony. The only people who walk past your room are people on their way to their own rooms on that level since there are many other/better walkways to use to get around the resort. Plus all of the room doors are exterior doors, so in either case you don't hear much from the outside (unlike hotel corridors).

I travel with people (especially my DH) who tend to get lost very easily -- funny how adding a staircase can get him totally messed up and off course This trip it's just me and my DD, so although she's old enough to go from our room to the pool, arcade or food court on her own, it makes me feel safer if she had a more direct path.

And it takes less time to get to and from your room, so you have more time for fun

Rats!!! now everyone will want a first floor room

Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #26
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Never wanted a first floor room in Flkrida... Seen too many people leave the slider open and leave or prop their door open and have all the crawlies sneak in.. We always stay 2nd on up!

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #27
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

We will be in a family suite and if I understand correctly, that means Calypso or Jazz buildings.

Does anyone prefer one over the other?

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #28
Amyz00
Now I feel like
Once you are seated, that's it, no more interaction
Pictures and old videos aren't just doing it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenCntryGirl
We will be in a family suite and if I understand correctly, that means Calypso or Jazz buildings.

Does anyone prefer one over the other?
We have stayed in both and they are equal in size and decor. Calypso is closer to Melody Hall (food, drinks, check-in, etc) which means you are closer to the bus stops.

Here is a map of the resort:
http://www.disneydrawingboard.com/WD...ropertyMap.gif
ASMuFS - 7/2009

Amyz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #29
Starclassic
‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
I believe so but King bed rooms do not have a tub and go to guests with disabilities first because they have bathrooms that can accommodate wheelchairs.
We had a king bed preferred room last February and had a tub. I think some have tubs and some don't.

We also have a king bed request in for our trip next month, and are staying standard this time, so I assume the standard rooms do have king beds available.

Feb.2012 ASMu, Feb.2013 ASMu, Feb.2015 Pop

Starclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #30
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starclassic View Post
We had a king bed preferred room last February and had a tub. I think some have tubs and some don't.

We also have a king bed request in for our trip next month, and are staying standard this time, so I assume the standard rooms do have king beds available.
You are right some King rooms have handicap showers some don't. Yes standard rooms do have king beds as well.

I also wanted to add that the pictures of the room posted are the pictures of a handicap room and not a regular one. You can tell because there is a sliding door on the bathroom, closet in corner of room, half table and the TV stand is more shallow. It might help if someone has regular room photos to post. I know it is a lot of work to put together a resort thread so I am not complaining but I know how some people expect what they see.

Last edited by angwill; 01-08-2013 at 12:25 AM.
angwill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all star music, all star music resort, asmu, music, value resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: