Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
PDXDuck
Earning My Ears

Buying Groceries/Beverages to stock our room at SSR

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I'm wondering about the availability of buying groceries and beverages for our room. We are staying at Saratoga Springs. Since we will be there a week and have a 3 yr old and a 6 month old we may want to have some breakfasts or lunches in our room. We are hoping to not rent a car. Are there any groceries stores within the resort or maybe grocery delivery services that will deliver to the resort?

Thanks and really looking forward to our trip!
PDXDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXDuck View Post
I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I'm wondering about the availability of buying groceries and beverages for our room. We are staying at Saratoga Springs. Since we will be there a week and have a 3 yr old and a 6 month old we may want to have some breakfasts or lunches in our room. We are hoping to not rent a car. Are there any groceries stores within the resort or maybe grocery delivery services that will deliver to the resort?

Thanks and really looking forward to our trip!
We always order from Garden Grocer -- we love that they have so many organic foods, but everything else too. Just try to book your order as soon as you know what you'll want and when you want it delivered since the number of deliveries they can do per day is limited. You can always change or add to your order later if you forgot something.

The extra cost for having them deliver is a lot less than renting a car or taking a taxi each way to the grocery store

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
starrysky
DIS Veteran

We used garden grocer for the first time this year and it worked out great. Ordered about three weeks out and the items were ready and waiting when we checked into our room at okw. Bell services stored it for us so things like butter stayed chilled.

Great service and we would use them again.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
buzzgirls&dad
DIS Veteran

There is typically a small store at each resort with items like PB&J, soda etc. However, think Disney Resort pricing on these items. We have used Wegoshop.com in the past and have really enjoyed their service. They have very good communication and they shop just before they deliver. One time they even called from the store as the store didn't have the brand of pizza I had requested and they wanted me to pick another brand as she was right in the frozen foods area. So we have been very happy with their service. They will also bring adult beverages as well. HTH
'13 Oct-BCV/MNSSHP-lunch with an Imagineer
'14 Mar-Aulani'14Oct-BCV/MNSSHP/F&W
'15 Oct-BCV/MNSSHP/F & W

"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney
buzzgirls&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
PDXDuck
Earning My Ears

Great - thanks for the replies guys. Since we will be there a week I think we will need enough stuff that it's worth getting a service plus will definitely want a cold bottle of "daddy juice" as my daughter calls it after a hectic day of chasing a 3 year old around the parks and pools.
PDXDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
groceries, grocery delivery, grocery service

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: