Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #91
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Oh my goodness, Carla! That's a new glitch I hadn't heard of!!

I think I would be calling -- it's probably in the system correctly, but that's too weird to just let it go. I'd call the reservations number and ask the CM to look it up. I'd also send an email to Customer Service alerting them to what's happening on their new-and-improved website! I'm not sure what email address to use, but this is the link I've used (several times the past couple days )

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/ (you probably need to be logged in to use it)

I've been trying to make ADRs and it lets me get all the way through to accepting the terms/conditions and once I hit Submit, it gives me Donald and the message "server is busy".

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #92
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I was able to link the two room reservations but can't link all of my dining reservations despite having entered the confirmation numbers. At least they show up when I enter the numbers though. They just don't show up on my "reservations" page.
How were you able to do this? I have three reservations at the moment. I add one by putting in the confirm #, etc., then it finds the reservation, but as soon as I exit that page, it goes back to telling me I have no reservations. Ugh! I know it's a glitch, it's just frustrating. I feel for all of you going soon who really need to use the site.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #93
El Perro
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
I just got on the website to see my reservations and not only is mine on there but there are two other reservations that do not belong to me. I can see their names and everything.
What's funny is when you click on the details of their reservations mine name is listed along with the names in their parties.

What do I do? Call someone and let them know? If so, who?

Thanks!
Carla
Call the res number and just say "representative" until they put you on hold. It will be a wait but you need to have them fix that manually.

The correct information is probably there, but they didn't link a lot of stuff properly when they did the migration.
El Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #94
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
but can't link all of my dining reservations despite having entered the confirmation numbers. At least they show up when I enter the numbers though. They just don't show up on my "reservations" page.
This is the problem we're having as well.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #95
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
How were you able to do this? I have three reservations at the moment. I add one by putting in the confirm #, etc., then it finds the reservation, but as soon as I exit that page, it goes back to telling me I have no reservations. Ugh! I know it's a glitch, it's just frustrating. I feel for all of you going soon who really need to use the site.
I don't know if it made a difference or not (probably not) but I used the My Reservations link underneath My Disney Experience on the bottom righthand corner of the www.disneyworld.com site. It pulled up one of my reservations and then over to the side, I saw the link reservations tab: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/claim/ On that page, I put in the other confirmation number and it pulled up our other reservation.

I haven't been able to get all of my dining reservations linked yet, just the one that I booked after the new website came online.

Good luck!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #96
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy View Post
This is the problem we're having as well.
I just tried again and every single one of our ADRs are showing up. I was even able to cancel one that I thought I would have to call and cancel. Maybe they are finally working out the kinks.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #97
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

I had been able to see all of our reservations except one for the last two weeks, until yesterday. Then it added one of the ADR's that I had cancelled in November.

The My Disney Experience app for my iPad shows the same reservations as the Disney website does. But the app for my iPhone won't let me add my reservations at all. I'd really like it to work for the iPhone. Does anyone else have it work for their iPad and not their iPhone? I have the iPhone5 and the whole Apple/app world is pretty new to me. So I might be doing something wrong. I don't know if it is me or Disney's stupid website.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #98
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Went on today and my reservation is showing; also the site is moving much quicker than it has.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #99
moonshadow
Mouseketeer

The site finally shows my reservation also now and is moving faster. Still no way to make payments at the moment. Unless I'm missing something.

WL - Sept 2013, POLY - Sept 2010, BCV - Sept 2005, BWV - July 1997, CR - June 1987
moonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #100
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

I called Disney and they took down all the information and then transferred me to the internet dept. That CM once again took all the info including the other family's confirmation numbers and said they would take care of it.
The IT dept said this wasn't the first time they had this called in.

I told them that I'm sure people probably appreciate other people seeing their info. I know I would.

I also let them know my thoughts on "unleashing" this new website on people before they had all the problems worked out.

Carla
Old 01-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #101
El Perro
Earning My Ears

they've finally rolled back to the previous version of the website. I'm shocked it took this long. What a disaster.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #102
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Perro View Post
they've finally rolled back to the previous version of the website. I'm shocked it took this long. What a disaster.
I'm still seeing the new site.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #103
HMANSION LOVER
PIN TRADER

Did they secretly rehire Eisner

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Perro View Post
The website is broken and should never have gone live.

Warning: Nerd rage follows!

Whomever is in charge of software dev and infrastructure there is an idiot. How do you let something with this many bugs go live? Have these guys ever heard of "quality control"?

The fact that nobody's old reservations aren't linked to the new accounts is beyond absurd. Was it too much to have the new website simply access the old data stores? If not, was migrating the data really that complicated for these tools? Did they even consider that this might be an extremely negative user experience (obviously not or else it wouldn't be this way).

Now their call centers are getting crushed with callers and the CC reps are having to spend thousands of hours fixing things instead of booking reservations and adding to revenue. The amount of time and money being spent to fix this thing has to be astronomical. If they actually kept metrics on this they would be appalled and heads would roll. Clearly they do not, as this isn't the first time they've borked a simple website migration.

This reeks of a "code and load" mentality over there. Nice going there, geniuses.

/nerdrage off
Did they secretly rehire eisner, this is something that seems like he would do, screw everything up

Me DW:: DS15 DD:: 10
1999 WDW Music
2000 WDW Off property
2004 WDW Off property
2008 WDW Wilderness Lodge
2011 WDW Boardwalk Villas
2013 DLR PPH and DLH
HMANSION LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #104
El Perro
Earning My Ears

Yeah, the "new" site was back up pretty quickly. Hope they had a new version that they were working on with a lot of bug fixes but it appears some are still having problems.

Putting this new site out there while releasing new discounts was not a good idea. I'm sure the marketing department did not like seeing the numbers when they showed up to work yesterday - hard to make a lot of sales when there are 1 hour hold times due to people having problems with the website.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #105
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

you know I don't hate the new website

Maybe because I already had the My Disney Experience App. I just went to that drop down menu put in my RO reservation conf # and it linked. It knew I had the app and had my information from when I registered it on my phone and just made me update. I will say that for the first 24 hours I couldn't pull up my details (I recieved a message that it could not show but would link the number to my profile anyway) but it did link my reservation to the site. ETA: Just went and checked and it is still there but not showing my prices/details. Not sure if that is because they are still working or if it is the fact that it was a live reservation. They do have a notice up that you have to manually like conf if you did not use the web to book.

Other than that I haven't had any problems.

Maybe I got it at a hassle free time, or because I was already using the app or maybe I just don't sweat change that much so was more relaxed when I tried it but except for the extra step of getting My Disney Experience up and going it doesn't seem that different than the old system, which would lose my reservations/adrs about every 3 days so I'd have to reenter them all again anyway. So not much different.

Last edited by bookgirl; 01-08-2013 at 10:45 AM.
bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: