Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #16
lovedworld
Mouseketeer

We ate there in October and loved it. I had the steak and shrimp and my husband had the salmon. They were both great. We of course had the cream cheese won tons for dessert, sooooooooooooo good. We also had the mango pie, very good too. The atmosphere was also so much fun. We will be going back for sure
lovedworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #17
TinkandGoofy'sMom
Mouseketeer

Yak&Yeti is one of my family's favourites. I always get the steak and shrimp. I always want to try other things, but I love it so much I can't break away from it! I also really love the egg rolls and pot stickers. The wok fried green beans are among my kids favourites. The wonton dessert is YUM! I can't remember what the rest of my family has ordered, but there has never been any complaints!

Aug 2008 POP
Dec 2009 POFQ
Jan 2011 POP
Oct 2011 AKV-Kidani
Jan 2012 OKW
Aug 2012 BWV & AKV
Oct 2012 sisters only at AKV-Kidani
Jan 2013 AKV-Jambo
Aug 2013 AKV & BLT
Up Next: Aulani Summer 2014
DVC owner @ AKV and SSR
TinkandGoofy'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #18
tekoa
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed the ribs. The won ton dessert was great also. I think
you will enjoy it there. We arrived early for our adr and were seated early.
The server was great.
tekoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #19
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi View Post
We ate there in 2010 and enjoyed the table service. we went again this year, and while the food was ok, the service was the worse we had ever had. Our server hardly took the time to come to our table. we were on the deluxe plan and finally just gave up waiting for her to serve our dessert. it took more than 40 minutes

we walked out without ever being served dessert and asked to pay through a different server . I had to wait outside with the kids as DH tried to pay. it was horrible (an not crowded in there either).

I did appreciate that the manager actually came running outside, apologized profusely. he gave the children a frozen lemonade and walked us to a nearby gift shop where he let them select anything they wanted as a gift.

so, while I do feel the manager made up for the experience, it doesn't necessarily have us wanting to go back there.
We had a very poor experience eating there last time. It's really too bad they let their service get so poor like that. At least you had a manager that acknowledged you.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #20
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

I love Yak and Yeti! AK is so big that I absolutely need a sit down lunch and I think the food is delicious. I particularly like the fried green beans, ahi tuna salad, and mango pie. We've always had good service, including on our most recent slip. I hope the recent slips were just flukes!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #21
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Yuck! Nothing!

We went there thinking we could get something similar to Asian food we have here, my daughter's favourite food -- which is apparently authentic style. None of us liked our food.

And Y&Y take out was even worse.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #22
robinb
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=redrosesix;47115055]Yuck! Nothing!

We went there thinking we could get something similar to Asian food we have here, my daughter's favourite food -- which is apparently authentic style. None of us liked our food.

And Y&Y take out was even worse.[/QUOTE]The CS restaurant is one of the bottom 5 restaurants in WDW.
robinb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #23
katt789
DIS Veteran

I was always a little bit hesitant, but I went in November and actually really liked it! The restaurant is all themed, and all the artifacts are actually from where they say! Definitely take a look around after your meal and take some pictures!

The food is all good, I had a chicken dish and it was delicious, and we can't forget about the deep fried won tons!! Yum!!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #24
cindymindy
Earning My Ears

Ahi tuna, Kobe beef burger and fried wontons were AMAZING! I hate getting a burger on vacation, but this one was delicious-no regrets here! We also booked an early reservation and were seated in the window on the second floor. We were able to people watch and take advantage and a cool breeze. One of my favorites at Disney!

November, 2014:POP Century, Wine and Dine Half Marathon! July, 2013: Animal Kingdom Lodge June, 2013: POP Century 2012: Caribbean Beach 2007: Grand Floridian 2001: Coronado Springs 2000: Port Orleans: French Quarter 1999: Caribbean Beach 1998: Coronado Springs 1990: Off property 1987: Off property
cindymindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #25
rznhal
DIS Veteran

never had anything bad there...
chicken lo mein, shrimp lo mein, honey chicken, wontons and mango pie all great!

me, DH, DD6, DS2
1988-Grand Floridian, 1993-offsite, 1994-offsite
2002-DTD and Disney Cruise Honeymoon
2005-offsite, 2009-POP, 2011-CSR
2012-Adults only Graduation Trip-AKL
2013-AKL again!
rznhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #26
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

We really liked Y&Y--our appetizers were great (potstickers and wings), and our main dishes were quite good, too (steak & shrimp and lo mein). I was slightly disappointed by the wonton dessert (don't get me wrong--it was good, I think I was just expecting somthing more!).

We plan to go back in May, and enjoy several appetizers! Those were delish!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #27
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

I love the decor and the wonton dessert. and nothing else.
Resort stays: DLR Grand Californian Jan 2011, HKDL Hollywood Hotel July 2011, WDW Wilderness Lodge Jan 2012, DLR Paradise Pier and MNSSHP Oct 2012, AKL Jan 2013, HKDL Hotel and Halloween party Oct 2013

2014 Book Challenge 19/30 read
1. David and Goliath 2. The Eye of the World 3. A Firing Offense 4. Fire from Heaven 5. The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club 6. Orphan Train 7. A Most Peculiar Malaysian Murder 8. The Rosie Project 9. The New Centurions 10. The Black Echo 11. The Hall of Elders Crossing 12. Secrets of the Tudor Court 13. Al Capp 14. The Witch Doctor's Wife 15. The Headhunter's Daughter 16. The Yard 17. The Dinner 18. The Magicians 19. The All-Girls Filling Station's Last Reunion 20. The Golem and the Jinni

Currently reading: The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #28
kaybird
DIS Veteran

Beautiful Restaurant!! Always get the Skirt Steak and Tempura Shrimp, and the Won Ton Dessert! We try for a 2:30 ADR and ask for a window seat and watch the Jammin Jungle Parade. The Parade CM's always look up and wave! MAGIC!!!

Skirt Steak And Shrimp

Wonton Dessert

Mango Pie

Duck

Curry

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #29
DizzDoll
DIS Veteran

Brilliant idea for a 2:30 seating! We love the steak and shrimp as well. This time I'm going for the ribs - they look gorgeous! The wonton dessert is a do-not-miss, and the sorbets are so light and refreshing on a hot August day. The ambiance is wonderful, the decor is delightful, we've never had server problems, and we think it's worth trying. Damn, now I'm hungry
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #30
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

After reading these responses, I wish we had done table service instead of the counter service. It was horrible. And all the birds hanging out overhead and walking among the tables.... It was noisy, the food was not very good and we surely won't be eating there again.

I had the Asian Chicken Mandarin salad and it had more chow mein noodles than anything else. And only four small mandarin orange slices. It should have been called Asian chow mein noodle chicken salad with a few orange slices. I swear it had more chow mein noodles than lettuce.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: