Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #16
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
Thanks. That's exactly right - only recently did we Discover that for some reason I was not on the ME Reservation. While there are a group of us, my baby and I are flying in from a different city earlier in the day. Without ME I would be juggling his stroller, his diaper bag, our luggage and the baby all by myself. So yes, I had no choice but to wait on hold again in the hope that someone would be able to help - eventually.

I am aware that I can get on the ME without the luggage tags in 3 weeks, but collection my luggage to hand it off at ME defeats the whole purpose of the service for me.

And call me crazy, but if my employer can beta-test a website before releasing it shouldn't Disney be able to do the same?
Sorry you had a lot of wait time, but for future reference, if you are without your yellow ME tags, you can just give your regular luggage claim tags to the ME staff and they will collect your bags for you while you just get on the bus.

And to the posters saying that others have been rude, I think OP was a bit rude as well in stating that "Disney apologists" need not respond. Just because one has a differing view does not make them a Disney apologist. If anyone starting a thread wishes to exclude certain people from posting in it, then the thread should not be started to begin with. A public forum is open to anyone and everyone.

Have a safe and great trip, OP!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #17
metzgardesign
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Hate to piddle on your rice puffs, but this is a public forum and anyone who wants to can respond to any post.

The fact is that there has been a perfect storm of problems with the Disney reservation system that has been going on for well over a week now. If you had been on the Dis during that time you would have known about it.

Disney tried to launch a brand new website and it has failed miserably, with many, many technical glitches, causing the website to crash occasionally, prevented guests from making online reservations or changes to reservations, and causing the computers that the Phone CMs use to crash repeatedly.

On top of that Disney launched a brand new spring discount that has caused a predictable surge in phone traffic.

Add these together and you get tremendous demand on the reservations center and prolonged waits on hold.

In another day or so the majority of these calls will have shrunk to a dull roar and you will most likely be able to conduct your call in a more timely manner.

Sorry if this Disney apologist has taken up too much of your time.
None of that SHOULD be the OP's concern. The Disney folks dropped the ball in EVERY reason you posted above.

One should not have to go to the DisBoards to verify if the WDW reservations system is crapping the bed or not.

One should be able to call the reservation system of an established tourist destination, and expect relative ease of use, competent representatives, and satisfactory service.....regardless of whatever internal issues they seem to be having. Yes?

Or is WDW exempt from that expectation? And if so....then for how long are they exempt?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #18
lorenni
DIS Veteran

That wouldn't have done me much good, since according to the CM #3 I would not have been able to get ON the bus, with or workout luggage, because they had my son in 2 rooms yet in no rooms.

Yes, anyone can post replies. However I find replies telling me that the wait is my own fault because I'm not breaking my employer's policy and making personal calls during work hours to be useless at best. Hence the suggestion that those who reply only to defend Disney can save their time.

Finally - just because people have the "right" to post that doesn't mean everything they say has value or should be posted. Some people on here just like the "sound" of their own Internet voices. Always makes me wonder what they are like in real life!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #19
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Disney won't hire more phone CMs who they'll just have to let go when everything gets up and running. It's not typically like this at all. I'm hoping they go back to the old website until the new one is in working order.

Reasons as to why the phones are atrocious have been listed and are 100% correct. Does it make it easier on guests calling? No. I'm sure Minnie Mum isn't happy about the long waits either, and doesn't think everything going on is a big excuse, but they're absolutely contributing factors and reasons for lots of the complaints many people have had. And it's easy to get someone on the phone and chew their ear out when they have no control over what is happening. I personally, feel bad for the phone CMs right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Sorry you had a lot of wait time, but for future reference, if you are without your yellow ME tags, you can just give your regular luggage claim tags to the ME staff and they will collect your bags for you while you just get on the bus.

And to the posters saying that others have been rude, I think OP was a bit rude as well in stating that "Disney apologists" need not respond. Just because one has a differing view does not make them a Disney apologist. If anyone starting a thread wishes to exclude certain people from posting in it, then the thread should not be started to begin with. A public forum is open to anyone and everyone.

Have a safe and great trip, OP!
Agree with this 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzgardesign View Post
None of that SHOULD be the OP's concern. The Disney folks dropped the ball in EVERY reason you posted above.

One should not have to go to the DisBoards to verify if the WDW reservations system is crapping the bed or not.

One should be able to call the reservation system of an established tourist destination, and expect relative ease of use, competent representatives, and satisfactory service.....regardless of whatever internal issues they seem to be having. Yes?

Or is WDW exempt from that expectation? And if so....then for how long are they exempt?
I agree - Disney has dropped the ball big time with the website. And no one should have to come here to see if things are working properly before making decisions or calling, etc. But, that's where we are at unfortunately. No one should HAVE to - but it will probably help their sanity if they DO.

Quote:
That wouldn't have done me much good, since according to the CM #3 I would not have been able to get ON the bus, with or workout luggage, because they had my son in 2 rooms yet in no rooms.

Yes, anyone can post replies. However I find replies telling me that the wait is my own fault because I'm not breaking my employer's policy and making personal calls during work hours to be useless at best. Hence the suggestion that those who reply only to defend Disney can save their time.

Finally - just because people have the "right" to post that doesn't mean everything they say has value or should be posted. Some people on here just like the "sound" of their own Internet voices. Always makes me wonder what they are like in real life!
The third CM was incorrect. I think the hold being your fault comment was in regards to someone thinking you held for 5 hours straight (which would be crazy in my opinion as well!).

Hopefully everything worked out and got fixed. If it didn't, you've gotten some advice on how to deal with it at least.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #20
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I guess I am not understanding why you even bothered posting in the first place. You didn't ask any questions or want advice, so I guess it was just a vent post??? Did you expect everyone who posted to just say "you're right, Disney sucks"? I mean, this is THE #1 place for those who love Disney to post so you are going to get a lot of Disney defenders. There are posters who posted in the thread who offered up some good advice. Sometimes you just have to take the bad with the good.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #21
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
I guess I am not understanding why you even bothered posting in the first place. You didn't ask any questions or want advice, so I guess it was just a vent post??? Did you expect everyone who posted to just say "you're right, Disney sucks"? I mean, this is THE #1 place for those who love Disney to post so you are going to get a lot of Disney defenders. There are posters who posted in the thread who offered up some good advice. Sometimes you just have to take the bad with the good.
And also try to understand that there is a difference between providing an explanation and making excuses. The first will hopefully allow you to see WHY something happened, not necessarily that it SHOULD have happened.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #22
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
And also try to understand that there is a difference between providing an explanation and making excuses. The first will hopefully allow you to see WHY something happened, not necessarily that it SHOULD have happened.

No one has argued that you expected to much by wanting your phone call answered in a prompt manner. Posters have just tried to explain why the waits are so long right now. No one is making excuses. The whole thing is a mess!

Disney doesn't need to hire more people to man the phones. They need to get their web site up and running efficiently. I honestly think the average 10 year old could do a better job!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #23
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

No offense OP, but calling us rude whilst having a attitude yourself doesn't really help your cause..

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #24
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Exactly!!!! Some folks like to complain...whine or whatever...but they dont like to hear responses they dont agree with. Im not suggesting the OP was whining....but she was certainly complaining and imho had a bad attitude to begin with. Nothing personal, she may be a wonderful person...but the initial post was just sarcastic and well....cantankerous.
Note: for the past 2 days...WDW site seems to be fine..i see my ressie...and it has all the info i expect.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #25
lorenni
DIS Veteran

I was looking to vent and I absolutely should not have done it here - lesson learned.

The mistakes made by the CMs made it impossible for me to fix this issue on the website and with the date of our trip so close I pretty much had no option but to deal with the phone lines, repeatedly. Given the circumstances and the poor customer service by Disney - and that's not even counting the wait times - a bit of a "bad attitude" seemed perfectly reasonable at the time.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #26
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was looking to vent and I absolutely should not have done it here - lesson learned.

The mistakes made by the CMs made it impossible for me to fix this issue on the website and with the date of our trip so close I pretty much had no option but to deal with the phone lines, repeatedly. Given the circumstances and the poor customer service by Disney - and that's not even counting the wait times - a bit of a "bad attitude" seemed perfectly reasonable at the time.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
OP, here's the link to Disney World guest comments. If I were in your position, I'd send an email. Not only might it help you but others as well.
Sorry you had to deal with so many clueless phone cast members.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/
Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #27
nuge67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecshawn View Post
Exactly!!!! Some folks like to complain...whine or whatever...but they dont like to hear responses they dont agree with. Im not suggesting the OP was whining....but she was certainly complaining and imho had a bad attitude to begin with. Nothing personal, she may be a wonderful person...but the initial post was just sarcastic and well....cantankerous.
Note: for the past 2 days...WDW site seems to be fine..i see my ressie...and it has all the info i expect.
Seems like you like to whine and complain about other people all the time on here, guess you are not happy in your life.

This is Disney, say something nice and productive or say nothing

WOW
Old 01-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #28
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Well said.
I agree
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #29
parith1114
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lablady View Post
Is there some rule on this site that you have to be as rude and condescending as possible as often as possible? The OP may have chosen to stay on hold longer than some, hoping to just get a hold of SOMEONE who would fix her issue, but I really don't see how that should push anyone else over the edge! Geez people, be nice already! Some of these replies are just rude.
Amen! I am so tired of the terrible attitudes if someones post is not flattering to Disney. The fact is we are all Disney fans, but they aren't always right, and they certainly make mistakes.

I checked in on Jan. 2 at CSR to find out my HUSBAND wasn't on my reservation. It was our "familymoon." It took over two hours to get it all straightened out. The mistake was made by Disney reservations. I had made a change, verified it, corrected her, verified it again, and they still got it wrong. I'm sure someone will let me know that since I made a change it was my fault. The reality is that this multi million dollar company needs to invest in a really good IT team!

New Year's 96 First trip to Disney off site

04/2001 - off site 03/2003 - off site 04/2004 - off site
04/2005 - off site 05/2006 - POR 09/2006 - ASSports
09/2007 - WL 09/2008 - POP 12/2009 - POP
09/2011 - AsMu 06/2012 - off site 11/2012 - POP
12/2012 - AoA 1/2013 - CSR 6/2014 -YC/CBR
9/2014 - CSR 11/2014 - Dolphin 2/2015 - POFQ
3/2015 - DTD hotel
Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #30
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuge67 View Post
This is Disney, say something nice and productive or say nothing

WOW
I'm afraid that I will have to correct you. This is not Disney. This is a website forum. There are written rules of conduct for posting on this forum. And you are not a moderator. Please let the moderators do their job and enforce their rules, and you do.... whatever it is you do when you aren't trying to be confrontational. Or say nothing.

DOUBLE WOW
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: