Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #16
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

You should not have to resort to a third party app for a basic service provided by Verizon. If you like the app use it.
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #17
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogswel_Cogs View Post
I am equally mad at motorolla but I pay Verizon for my service not motorolla.
But you're not having problems with the service, you're having an issue with the third party phone you bought from verizon.
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #18
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

But Verizon services the equipment and Verizon hasn't been able to "make it right".
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:51 AM   #19
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

I have a Droid through Verizon. I have had no issues with texting.

I have a Samsung Stratosphere Galaxy S. Maybe the problem you're having is with the Motorola phone.

Our Verizon office is so nice. I hope your office responds to you in the same helpful manner. Perhaps they could help you with statistics of which phone has had the least amount of negative "issues". At this point - I would switch brands of phone.

Good luck to you.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:28 AM   #20
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
But Verizon services the equipment and Verizon hasn't been able to "make it right".
Actually, Verizon ships phones back to the manufacturer.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #21
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
You should not have to resort to a third party app for a basic service provided by Verizon. If you like the app use it.
You're right, he shouldn't have to. HOWEVER, why "bang your head against a wall" doing the same thing over and over again with the same (non) result? I understand the OP's frustration. Personally, once I had gone through phone #3 or 4, I'd be demanding another model of phone. But while you're fighting that battle, why not do something that works?
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #22
familyoffive
DIS Veteran

Did you buy this phone as "new" or as a refurb phone?
familyoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #23
mamacatnv
I am the queen of straw!
Almost anything can be fixed with pasta
Do my DH's "Shorty Shorts" count?
I go in search of code!

My DS had the same issues with his Droid - his original was stolen and the replacement was a refurb - 7 phones over the course of a year and a half. His just locks up randomly and all sorts of other issues.

Verizon finally refused to replace his phone since we were close to renewal and could opt for new ones. I could have hopped up and down and demanded a new phone but we went ahead and just got all new ones with a renewal. We are happy with Verizons service for our area and don't want to switch carriers.

It did irk me that we kept getting phones with known issues and no real solution.
POFQ-1/1-1/9/07, ASMu-Dec 05/Jan 06 ASSp-Dec 99/Jan 00 Turn of the Century
Thanks AidensMom
mamacatnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #24
DizBelle
CSI: Can't Stand Idiots
Slimy yet satisfying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Pluto View Post
I have a Droid through Verizon. I have had no issues with texting.

I have a Samsung Stratosphere Galaxy S. Maybe the problem you're having is with the Motorola phone.

Our Verizon office is so nice. I hope your office responds to you in the same helpful manner. Perhaps they could help you with statistics of which phone has had the least amount of negative "issues". At this point - I would switch brands of phone.

Good luck to you.
Sorry - you have 2 phones and neither have problems with texting... Is that what you're saying?

Veni, vidi, Visa (I came, I saw, I shopped)

Some people should use a glue stick instead of chapstick.

====================================

====================================
DizBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #25
arthuruscg
DIS Veteran

First Verizon controls everything, even software on the phone. So, the problem caused by Verizon's control. And Verizon has washed it's hands in dealing with the D2 because it is past the 2 year life of the phone. And it is not counting on getting any additional $ from spending a cent to allow the D2 to be updated.

I suggest you look into a SMS replacement program. Because Verizon will not change.
Or Root the phone and go to the dark side.
Entire Child hood Fort Wilderness Campground
arthuruscg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #26
CoolDisneyCat
DVC member - BCV

Do you have an upgrade available on any on your lines? If you do, there's no way VZW is gonna replace the D2 with a newer phone.

I say go with Handsent to text or bite the bullet and get a new phone.

Or you can continue to make your blood pressure soar over a phone. I mean that in a nice way, I promise!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #27
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

I'm pretty irritated with Verizon myself. I have had them for 13 years and never had a problem with them until my recent phone. I'm not a high tech person. I bought a car in October of 2010 that had sync, so I thought it would be good to get a phone with bluetooth capabilities so I could use the sync. That way, I could be 100% hands free with my daughter in the car.

So I go to Verizon and tell them my situation. I was up for a free phone as I had had the same phone for 5 years. Anyway, they wanted me to get a smartphone, but that's really not for me. I don't need anything more than a phone that can make a receive phone calls and can text from time to time. I tell them that and they show me 3 phones that they have that are not smartphones but just make and receive calls and have texting capabilities.

At least, they said that it could make and receive calls. I have been into Verizon multiple times in the past year because my phone will randomly stop working. It will freeze up so I cannot answer it. It will just keep ringing and ringing and I can't do anything to stop it - can't answer, can't silence. Same thing happens with texting. Sometimes it will lock itself so I can't make a call. It's rather ridiculous. So, as I said, I have been in there multiple times, but they can't really locate the problem. They have, however, told me that they have had multiple complaints with the phone that I have

I have tried to get a different phone, but anytime I try, they remind me that I am not due for an upgrade, so it will cost at least $200 to replace it. Now, can we afford that? Sure. However, at this point, I am so irritated that I don't want to give them a dime of my money to replace a phone that they should be willing to replace because it doesn't freaking work! So I'm pretty much cutting off my nose to spite my face and not getting a new phone.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #28
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
I'm pretty irritated with Verizon myself. I have had them for 13 years and never had a problem with them until my recent phone. I'm not a high tech person. I bought a car in October of 2010 that had sync, so I thought it would be good to get a phone with bluetooth capabilities so I could use the sync. That way, I could be 100% hands free with my daughter in the car.

So I go to Verizon and tell them my situation. I was up for a free phone as I had had the same phone for 5 years. Anyway, they wanted me to get a smartphone, but that's really not for me. I don't need anything more than a phone that can make a receive phone calls and can text from time to time. I tell them that and they show me 3 phones that they have that are not smartphones but just make and receive calls and have texting capabilities.

At least, they said that it could make and receive calls. I have been into Verizon multiple times in the past year because my phone will randomly stop working. It will freeze up so I cannot answer it. It will just keep ringing and ringing and I can't do anything to stop it - can't answer, can't silence. Same thing happens with texting. Sometimes it will lock itself so I can't make a call. It's rather ridiculous. So, as I said, I have been in there multiple times, but they can't really locate the problem. They have, however, told me that they have had multiple complaints with the phone that I have

I have tried to get a different phone, but anytime I try, they remind me that I am not due for an upgrade, so it will cost at least $200 to replace it. Now, can we afford that? Sure. However, at this point, I am so irritated that I don't want to give them a dime of my money to replace a phone that they should be willing to replace because it doesn't freaking work! So I'm pretty much cutting off my nose to spite my face and not getting a new phone.
I'll suggest it again... have you tried googling your phone model and "disconnects" or "lockups"? YES, Verizon should fix the problem. But in any company, you'll often find better answers from other users than you will from the company. Look at how much Disney info there is here... many times, much more than what CM's know.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #29
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gordon View Post
I'll suggest it again... have you tried googling your phone model and "disconnects" or "lockups"? YES, Verizon should fix the problem. But in any company, you'll often find better answers from other users than you will from the company. Look at how much Disney info there is here... many times, much more than what CM's know.
Sure have. Learned lots of people have had the same problem. Not a lot out there on how to prevent it, though. However, I only have to hang in there until April. Then I am due for an upgrade. I will be doing a lot of research before I settle on a phone this time, though.

I wish I could go back to my old phone. Absolutely loved my juke. If it had bluetooth, I would have never switched.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #30
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
Sure have. Learned lots of people have had the same problem. Not a lot out there on how to prevent it, though. However, I only have to hang in there until April. Then I am due for an upgrade. I will be doing a lot of research before I settle on a phone this time, though.

I wish I could go back to my old phone. Absolutely loved my juke. If it had bluetooth, I would have never switched.
Sorry, worth a shot.

I'm not due for an upgrade for a while, but the commercials for the Samsung(?) phone that can multitask (where a guy and girl are in an office, he's using the phone for work, she's using it for fun, he shares the work with her, and she tries to take credit) has me intrigued.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: