Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #811
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda.c09 View Post
I don't think I ever got around to sharing my Fish Extender and the gifts I gave for my Fantasy cruise last May.

Here is my FE:

Link to blog post: http://www.kraftingkreations.com/201...-tutorial.html

Luggage Handle Covers:

Link to blog post with link to tutorial: http://www.kraftingkreations.com/201...search-results

Bottle Cap Magnets:

Link to blog post: http://www.kraftingkreations.com/201...p-magnets.html

Mickey boxes to hold one magnet and some chocolate for each person:

Link to blog post: http://www.kraftingkreations.com/201...ndy-boxes.html

We had a really large group, 48 cabins and approximately 250 people. (yes, I am completely crazy). I made 2 luggage handle covers per adult, and one per child. It was so nice seeing many of them in use when we picked up our luggage!

I ended up having a few of the Mickey boxes left with chocolates and a magnet in them. So I gave one to each of the dining staff, and the remaining two to our room hostess. They were all so appreciative of such a small gift! Our room hostess even left us one each of the lotion, shampoo, condition, body wash, and sun gel in return! I just had to make sure I moved them to my checked luggage before we got to the airport. So on my next cruise I will make sure to have a special little package for the staff, maybe including a bit of a cash tip as well as some goodies.

I just LOVE your FE. did you make it on your own? Love the bling and colors.....

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #812
missjudit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey View Post
These are wonderful! Your fellow cruisers were SO lucky to have you in their group. Can you explain how you did the scalloped edge coasters?

Also, what sort of gifts did you receive in return?
Yes, we were really lucky! I must say that this was the best FE so far; just so many wonderful gifts. I am using one of the coasters right now, thank you.
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #813
dreams of disney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjudit

Yes, we were really lucky! I must say that this was the best FE so far; just so many wonderful gifts. I am using one of the coasters right now, thank you.
I'm honoured! I enjoyed participating and couldn't imagine taking a cruise without doing the FE. I loved all the gifts we got and my sons reaction when we would return to our room and find gifts!

dreams of disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #814
amanda.c09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexa

I just LOVE your FE. did you make it on your own? Love the bling and colors.....
Yes, I did! I.m really pleased with how it came out! Thanks!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #815
nickiB
Earning My Ears

those are all great!!! I have a question about the FE gifts. Are all the gifts Disney themed?? Maybe Mixed? What.does everyone do? This is our 1st Disney Cruise..super excited!!! xoxo
Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #816
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Not all Disney-themed. Some folks do things from their hometowns and lots of people do pirate things or cruise survival items. Whatever suits your fancy really! Have fun!

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #817
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberdaisy1234 View Post
Thanks. We don't like the lanyard around the neck and never used them. Thought some others may feel the same way. I had to order a couple gold and platinum from eBay since we have not made it that far yet

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
okay, love LOVE the key chain idea. we have several of them and I just yesterday put most of them out to good will, but that would be the best idea so we can always remember but not have to use a lanyard. any chance you would share with me how you did it? I tried looking close at your photo but I can't get in close enough.
dh would think this is the best.......
your brilliant!
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #818
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Ok, my DH sewed our FE (yes, I did say DH!!) but he doesn't know how to add the names.

I thought I'd ask for suggestions -- we leave in 5 days so it has to be super quick. Should we just try to find a pin with our names on it (maybe somewhere at WDW) or do you have another idea?

Worst case, if we don't have names at all, would it be that bad? There are 4 of us (Darth Vadar, Ariel, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty pockets) but really, most of the stuff would be for the kids anyway...

Other suggestions?

Thanks guys!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #819
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Ok, my DH sewed our FE (yes, I did say DH!!) but he doesn't know how to add the names.

I thought I'd ask for suggestions -- we leave in 5 days so it has to be super quick. Should we just try to find a pin with our names on it (maybe somewhere at WDW) or do you have another idea?

Worst case, if we don't have names at all, would it be that bad? There are 4 of us (Darth Vadar, Ariel, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty pockets) but really, most of the stuff would be for the kids anyway...

Other suggestions?

Thanks guys!!
Do you have a printer? I use dark fabric printable iron on transfer paper for my FE's!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #820
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
Do you have a printer? I use dark fabric printable iron on transfer paper for my FE's!
OOh, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the idea! I can stop by ACMoore/Michaels/Joanns and see if they have some. I even have a 50% off coupon for tomorrow!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #821
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Guess what?! I was in our Ikea today and they have a FE!! It's three pockets, absolutely the right size and dimensions, and the pockets would be easy to embellish to Disney-ize them!!! It's called PYSSLINGAR.

Isn't that great?!
It was also pretty reasonable - about $10.
Just had to share!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051

Last edited by HermanTriplets+1; 01-07-2013 at 01:28 PM.
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #822
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

That's so cute!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #823
waynesherie
Earning My Ears

Love all the ideas and photos! Getting lots of ideas for our upcoming cruise!
waynesherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #824
LoriV
Earning My Ears

I'm thinking of using buttons that are in the shape of letters. I haven't decided whether I want to spend the extra money, though. I may just leave it "name-less."
LoriV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #825
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

You can use puffy fabric paint. We have that on ours.

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: