Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #61
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I agree, and I think many aspects of it will be really cool and personalized, however, I'm not so sure about the SMALL number of FPs you'll be able to reserve, the fact that you can't also use regular FP, and the non-Park Hopping aspect. It seems pretty useless from that perspective.

For example: I'm not a thrill ride person, so when we go to DHS I take my ticket and DH's ticket and go get TSMM FPs and he goes to ride TOT standby while I am at TSMM. Then, when our window opens, he uses his ticket to get a FP for RNRC and my ticket to get a FP for Star Tours. He is able to ride EVERYTHING so efficiently. Under this new system, it looks like we'll have to each use our respective allottments individually, which means less opportunity to customize our trip to suit EACH of our likes/dislikes.
I know you dont want to hear this and will disagree but you are using FPs in a way they arent supposed to be used. The FPs say they are non-transferable. You should already be using your FPs individually.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #62
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
The cat is officially out of the bag:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/bu...les.html?_r=1&

Not much new, except they don't say anything about it being available only to resort guests, etc. and that you can "pre-register" for the MagicBands.

And it does seem like personalized experiences will be dynamic, not just a chosen FP+ thing.

And I don't think this will solve the mentioned "gridlock".
You are also allowed 3 FP+ reservations.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #63
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
I know they said that in the article, but has the number of FP+ reservations actually been finalized from Disney?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #64
ktrask
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
As I was reading the article...I was wondering if perhaps it means that you can only book 3 in advance. Once you are there perhaps you can get more in park, but in advance you can only book 3.

If they limited people to a max of 3 per day I see some really angry people (me being one of them). I'm hoping that they just mean you can book 3 per day in advance, and any others will be you get what you get and you don't get upset.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #65
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrask View Post
As I was reading the article...I was wondering if perhaps it means that you can only book 3 in advance. Once you are there perhaps you can get more in park, but in advance you can only book 3.

If they limited people to a max of 3 per day I see some really angry people (me being one of them). I'm hoping that they just mean you can book 3 per day in advance, and any others will be you get what you get and you don't get upset.

Details are vague, so no one really knows. All we have to go on right now is what Disney has said and that is 3 FP+ reservations.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #66
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrask View Post

Yes, I can't imagine a lot of folks being pleased with a limit of three per day. I was upset when we thought it was four.

I've seen speculation that perhaps booking extra FP+ will be a perk for on-site guests, guests staying above a certain level of resort category, or even a paid option. Perhaps more than one of the above? This is what I really want to know.

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
Old 01-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #67
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
Yes, I can't imagine a lot of folks being pleased with a limit of three per day. I was upset when we thought it was four.

I've seen speculation that perhaps booking extra FP+ will be a perk for on-site guests, guests staying above a certain level of resort category, or even a paid option. Perhaps more than one of the above? This is what I really want to know.
Well, maybe (and I'm returning to speculation) you'll have three choices but there isn't aren't any groups. For example, at MK you could pick the three mountains, at Epcot, you could pick TT, Soarin', and Mission: Space, at DHS, you could pick TSM, ToT, and RnR, and at DAK, you could pick KS, EE, and Kali. I'd take that over "two major attractions and two minor attractions". Then again, it really depends on when you're visiting.
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
Old 01-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #68
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

I think this is part of a bigger infrastructure change. Some things I've been thinking about and questioning in this are whether this is something that will be exclusive to resort guests (a "perk") along the same lines as Universal guests get the express pass? Are we going to be able to reactivate wristbands? What I mean by that is, if I go to WDW every year and I pay extra for one of these personalized wristbands that I've seen talked about, can I then reactivate that band next year?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #69
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

This is just a complete guess. But, if I'm right, it'll be EASY for FP+ and regular FP to co-exist.

With FP+, you get to reserve 3 rides in advance of arrival at the park. Once at the park (and your ticket is activated), you can reserve more rides via FP+, one every two hours or so.

This would be why if you have FP+, you can't use regular FP; it would be like getting double regular FP, really.

And, why you can only reserve 3 per day; you can get lots more (relatively speaking) once you get to the park.

Also, maybe the 3 you reserve IN ADVANCE must be from the same park, but AFTER you park hop, you can reserve rides at the park for which your ticket is activated.

I'm probably wrong, and I just got my hopes up for nothing.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #70
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
Well, maybe (and I'm returning to speculation) you'll have three choices but there isn't aren't any groups. For example, at MK you could pick the three mountains, at Epcot, you could pick TT, Soarin', and Mission: Space, at DHS, you could pick TSM, ToT, and RnR, and at DAK, you could pick KS, EE, and Kali. I'd take that over "two major attractions and two minor attractions". Then again, it really depends on when you're visiting.
I think they're going to have to stay with groups. Or they'll end up with all the predictable rides completely booked and nothing left but a bunch of second tier things that often don't even need FP.

Under the old system, they had a fair number of people who just didn't feel like running around the park picking up FP's. The easier they make it (as in from a phone) the more folks will be participating. And the faster the headliners will go.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #71
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRomance View Post
I think this is part of a bigger infrastructure change. Some things I've been thinking about and questioning in this are whether this is something that will be exclusive to resort guests (a "perk") along the same lines as Universal guests get the express pass? Are we going to be able to reactivate wristbands? What I mean by that is, if I go to WDW every year and I pay extra for one of these personalized wristbands that I've seen talked about, can I then reactivate that band next year?
I speculate yes, because one article mentions how Disney plans to have personalized MagicBands and designer ones and well, ones that cost extra $$$$ so I would assume you'd keep, and after you leave (check out?), it's de-activated.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #72
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
Yes, I can't imagine a lot of folks being pleased with a limit of three per day.
Not even if it came with a magical pink bracelet?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #73
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Not even if it came with a magical pink bracelet?
Not even if it came with a magical pink (or purple or green or red or blue) bracelet.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #74
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Lets be honest, it doesn't really matter whether you can book 3 or more fp+'s in advance, TSMM, Soarin', Expedition Everest et al will be ridiculously booked up for fastpasses almost as soon as the window opens regardless, thus damaging the value of your pre-bookable passes anyway.

I'm sure Disney is convinced that limiting the number of big rides you can book will help, but just look at the ADR system and the rate fastpasses run out now. Assuming that their expectations of a high rate of use are met, do they seriously think the headliners won't be booked up weeks in advance during busy times? Even with only one headliner FP+ per day, you can guarantee no one using the system will let that baby go to waste. It'll be the first thing they do.

If they give you 2 FP+ headliner reservations, you can guarantee Soarin and TT will be booked faster than you can blink during busy weeks. This won't change a thing beyond making it so those who turn up on the day to book their fastpass+ in the morning, or the night before, will stand less chance.

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Old 01-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #75
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad View Post
This is just a complete guess. But, if I'm right, it'll be EASY for FP+ and regular FP to co-exist.

With FP+, you get to reserve 3 rides in advance of arrival at the park. Once at the park (and your ticket is activated), you can reserve more rides via FP+, one every two hours or so.

This would be why if you have FP+, you can't use regular FP; it would be like getting double regular FP, really.

And, why you can only reserve 3 per day; you can get lots more (relatively speaking) once you get to the park.

Also, maybe the 3 you reserve IN ADVANCE must be from the same park, but AFTER you park hop, you can reserve rides at the park for which your ticket is activated.

I'm probably wrong, and I just got my hopes up for nothing.
From what I've been reading/understanding you will only use either FP+ or reg FP, but not both. When you opt in to FP+, you give up your paper or non-RFID card tickets and get the RFID braclet (or whatever form it takes). That RFID braclet won't work in the legacy FP machines.

I wonder how long the legacy FP system will remain around. I can't imagine they would keep maintaining it for very long just for those who don't want to use FP+.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: