Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
sbridgeman
Earning My Ears

Palo Reservations

We are sailing on the wonder (5 night western Caribbean out of Miami) on our first disney cruise and wanting to book a dinner at Palo. The rotational dining has me a little confused about which night would be best for our reservation. Reservations are open for all nights except our 4th night.

Any strategies or advice on which nights are preferable for Palo? And are we going to miss a great meal in one of the main dining rooms but going to Palo?

Thanks in advance.
RCL Empress Of The Seas - November 1999
NCL Norwegian Majesty - November 1998

sbridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Mcbruns
DIS Veteran

We wanted to make sure we got a ressie in, so i randomly picked a night. Once on board, we will check to see our dining rotation. We do not want to miss the Animator's Palette (we will be on The Wonder).
1976-offsite~ 1991-offsite~ 1993-offsite~ 1997-Swan~ 1998-Caribbean Beach~ 2003-Port Orleans~ 2004-Pop Century~ 2005-Beach Club Villas~ 2006-Contemporary ~ 2007-ASMu ~ 2007-Coronado Springs ~ 2007-Anniversary Trip GF ~ October 2008-Wilderness Lodge~2 trips in 2009 (June-WH and Sept-OKW)~ 2010-Swan for NYE ~ 2011-Poly for my 40th ~ April 2012 & July ~ 2013 Cruising on the Wonder & June trip ~2014-Lion King Suite
Mcbruns is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
MKwatercraftPilot
Earning My Ears

Your first three nights in each dining room (unless one is Pirate night) you will get the full "experience" in the Main Dining rooms (ie the color changing performance in Animators Palate) If you are concerned about missing something in the MDR's try not booking Palo for any night that will be your first time in that dining room. (Not including Pirate night, of course)

One evening will be Pirate night, you can check what night that is on the "select activities" page when you pull up your reservation. All of the MDR's will serve the same menu on Pirate Night and the dinner service will be pirate themed rather than themed how the restaurant would suggest. The general consensus on the DISboards is that the Pirate Night menu isn't the best and it's most people's choice to miss that one.

My first two Disney cruises were 3 night, so I had no pirate night menu (but I also didn't visit Palo). My most recent was a four night. We booked Palo for pirate night, but when I looked at the menu, I thought the Pirate night menu sounded pretty good. My next cruise, next week, is a 6 night. I picked Palo for night 5. That way we will get the shows in the main dining rooms, have the pirate night menu on night 4 and then have Palo. I'm sure we will miss some other special menu because of Palo, but there's always next time.
MKwatercraftPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #4
sbridgeman
Earning My Ears

Excellent advise. Thank you both.
RCL Empress Of The Seas - November 1999
NCL Norwegian Majesty - November 1998

sbridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

I don't know what the 5 night rotation looks like...but I'd suggest booking any night in advance. If you don't like the reservation after you see your rotation, go to "Palo ressies" on board and ask to change it.

You are always better off changing an existing reservation than booking from scratch.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: