Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Very large party dining

Like to think of myself as a WDW vet, but with the dining, I'm still kinda new. Next year, I have a huge trip planned for my 40th birthday. We are traveling with a group of 24, that's staying at a resort with us, that's fine, got the resort covered. But, for the day of my 40th, there's some local friends and family coming, and was looking for a good dinner place for say over 40 people. I know that's a whole lot of people, but we would like a good dining place, for all of us. It's in a slow time period, in Jan of next year. I want breakfast at Crystal Palace, and I'm sure everyone can be sat there, but dinner is where I was having a hard time with. I would LOVE to eat at Kona, but would consider Ohana or Whispering Canyon as well. Thanks for any help you guys may be able to give me, and any advice!!! I'm gonna try to keep ALL these people together in the MK all day that day!!!

bouncycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #2
TheoDawg
Mouseketeer

Definitely, O'Hana is a good choice they got those long tables they can push together.

I'd call Disney Dining and get their advice, it could be book under a Grand Gathering possibly.
3rd Trip-Apr 2007-Off Site
4th Trip-Nov 2007-Marriott Grande Vista-SOLO
5th Trip-Feb 2008-OKW
6th Trip-Mar 2009-POFC
7th Trip-Nov 2010-POR/Marriott Grande Vista/POP-Family
8th Trip-Apr 2011-POP
9th Trip-Sept 2011-Sheraton Vistana-Family
10th Trip-March 2013-Vacation Village @ Parkway
11th Trip-May 2013-Seralago Hotel
12th Trip-Feb 2014-The Fountains/Villas at Island Club
TheoDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 AM   #3
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDawg View Post
Definitely, O'Hana is a good choice they got those long tables they can push together.

I'd call Disney Dining and get their advice, it could be book under a Grand Gathering possibly.
Thanks TheoDawg! I have a travel agent that I'm working with, and she's new, so we're kinda figuring this out together. So, I figured I'd ask here first, we still have about 6 months to go before we can even book dining. Just want to be able to run with it when the time comes.

I really want to eat at Kona on my birthday. Not sure if they can handle the large party, since their dining room is kinda small. We're staying at either BLT, or BCV, haven't decided. Thought BCV, but been looking at BLT lately, and it's looking pretty good!

I did a search on Grand Gatherings, and they're discontinued the program last year. So that's not even an option. So hopefully someone else may have some insight on this! Thanks!!

bouncycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:46 AM   #4
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat

Thanks TheoDawg! I have a travel agent that I'm working with, and she's new, so we're kinda figuring this out together. So, I figured I'd ask here first, we still have about 6 months to go before we can even book dining. Just want to be able to run with it when the time comes.

I really want to eat at Kona on my birthday. Not sure if they can handle the large party, since their dining room is kinda small. We're staying at either BLT, or BCV, haven't decided. Thought BCV, but been looking at BLT lately, and it's looking pretty good!

I did a search on Grand Gatherings, and they're discontinued the program last year. So that's not even an option. So hopefully someone else may have some insight on this! Thanks!!
For that many people, I would check for an event planning department. Maybe start with the wedding planning people and go from there. Several years ago, I was talking to a woman at one of the resorts who planned a celebration for her husbands 50th birthday - I don't remember the details but she was raving about the service.
cluvsdisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #5
KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
Creates edible masterpieces
Planning a huge WDW family reunion...I know, I'm insane!!!

Call Group Dining at 407-939-7707. For a group of 40, you may need to call the restaurant directly and speak to the manager, the CM at Group Dining can tell you if you need to do that and give you the manager's direct phone number.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: