Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2013, 05:09 AM   #1
Abbeys_mom
Mouseketeer

Our world post Auroa/Newtown

We are traveling as a family, staying at an all suite hotel that opens up to a large center lobby/atrium. We had something happen that forever changed how we react to fire alarms.

At 2am, the fire alarm sounded. DH looked out the window to the atrium and didn't see or smell anything. I looked outside and did not see anyone. We called the front desk but no one answered three calls.

Our first thought was to grab and dash. Then, DH said absolutely not. He talked in code (little ears) about the recent shooting sprees and said we should wait it out for a minute. The only reason I did was because we were right next to the stairs and we have a 4th floor balcony.

We called 911 and they said evacuate - still no sight or smell of fire. At that point, we watched the firemen enter and wander around outside, clearly not in a hurry. We did walk down and out, calmly but with a sense of urgency, and taught our daughter how to find the map and stairs.

What would you do? Are we too paranoid these days? Are we passing that on to our kids (she has no idea). A year ago I would not have given it a second thought, but now it's different.
Abbeys_mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: