Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #31
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Hmmm.I missed that part in my reading. But we also know that AP holders should be included, and supposedly DVC members...but not how. And it seems to indicate a way to link tickets to the reservation
I would take the part about associating tickets to the account, to mean Annual Passholders.

I think from this section of the T&C it looks like this is all going to be tied to room/ticket reservations. I personally think it means tickets and room reservations or DVC or you don't have access to Fastpass+
Old 01-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #32
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
I would take the part about associating tickets to the account, to mean Annual Passholders.

I think from this section of the T&C it looks like this is all going to be tied to room/ticket reservations.
I would think so as well.

Giving guests a reason to book packages and not just rooms is smart. I just hope package prices become obscene.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #33
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think from this section of the T&C it looks like this is all going to be tied to room/ticket reservations. I personally think it means tickets and room reservations or DVC or you don't have access to Fastpass+
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmichelle View Post
I would think so as well.

Giving guests a reason to book packages and not just rooms is smart. I just hope package prices become obscene.
Grrrr, I probably should have bought the stupid PAP at the DVC price. I think you are both right. DVC members don't need a package, just tickets... Or do we need to buy a package now? A FP plus package? I guess these questions are already on my list above.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 01-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #34
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
Grrrr, I probably should have bought the stupid PAP at the DVC price. I think you are bit right. DVC members don't need a package, just tickets... Or do we need to buy a package now? A FP plus package? I guess these questions are already on my list above.
DVC would not need a package but tickets yes. I think they are trying to get people to quit holding onto tickets, for year and years and using them.

I think you will need tickets, either MYW or APs that can be linked to your account. Annual Pass can already be done that way by registering your AP.

If you want to use old tickets you will have to turn them in at check in and have them put on your wristband.

I think for months it is going to be mess.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 PM   #35
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
DVC would not need a package but tickets yes. I think they are trying to get people to quit holding onto tickets, for year and years and using them.

I think you will need tickets, either MYW or APs that can be linked to your account. Annual Pass can already be done that way by registering your AP.

If you want to use old tickets you will have to turn them in at check in and have them put on your wristband.

I hope it's settled or somewhat settled by May 2014...
I feel like the next two years, though, will be a true time period.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #36
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmichelle View Post
I hope it's settled or somewhat settled by May 2014...
I feel like the next two years, though, will be a true time period.
I agree, I am actually glad we are not going until much later this year.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #37
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

This is one reason I decided to spend a lot of time at WDW this past August. The possibilities are daunting and not necessarily something we want to deal with but we'll see.

That is an excellent list OP. All subject to change of course.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #38
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Uuugh....I'm having severe anxiety as I am going in June ... Been plenty of times before, but of course this is my first time staying off site because of the size of our group... Hate this not knowing!
Old 01-07-2013, 12:36 AM   #39
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz
Uuugh....I'm having severe anxiety as I am going in June ... Been plenty of times before, but of course this is my first time staying off site because of the size of our group... Hate this not knowing!
I fell the same way and regret reading the 2 most current FP+ threads.

We will be staying at the Swan Dolphin, do you think we will have access to the FP+ and/or the bracelets? When we went on 2011, also at SD, tickets were not tied in with the room key like other resorts, but we had EMH access and part of the bus system.

Sent from my iPad mini using DISBoards
Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #40
twooley2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think you may be correct because I am thinking what happens when you have a 7 day ticket but a split stay at 2 resorts
Old 01-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #41
Sparkie
DIS Veteran

Any speculation on YES tickets?

We are DVC. Bought 2 PAP in October 2012. Have 1 unused 5 day UT ticket. And am planning trip in September with DVC for sure. And possible trip off site in May.

Anxious to see how this all plays out. I am still VERY lost.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #42
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
Any speculation on YES tickets?

We are DVC. Bought 2 PAP in October 2012. Have 1 unused 5 day UT ticket. And am planning trip in September with DVC for sure. And possible trip off site in May.

Anxious to see how this all plays out. I am still VERY lost.
No idea. I will add it to the list!
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 01-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #43
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:

If you can't associate MYW tickets with an account, then what about DVC members who don't get APs? We're not sure how DVC members are included (if the are...it's assumed), and they don't always by APs (we buy based on our travel schedule needs). A ticket is likely still required.

I don't think third-party tickets are necessarily excluded yet.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #44
livibug
Mouseketeer

But aren't UT tickets really disney tickets anyway, just sold at a cheaper price? We are headed down in June using rented DVC points. The plan was (is) to save $50 and get the tickets from UT, then have them added to the KTW "card".. hopefully that will still work with this new FP+.. Not looking forward to coming in at the beginning of this thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
From the T&C:

A confirmed FastPass+ selection is not valid for admission to any theme or water park and valid park admission is required to make a selection and redeem a FastPass+ selection. To make a FastPass+ selection for you or your Friends, you must retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account.

What do you think that language means? Does that have anything to do with the survey question some testers answered? "- Would you buy tickets through Disney in order to use this feature?"

I wonder if this means if I use my DVC for a room, I still have buy my ticket direct? More good questions.

Dolphin, CBR, ASM, POP
Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #45
livibug
Mouseketeer

Its going to crush the battery.. these 4g phones suck it down! I wasnt looking forward to carrying a spare charger(s), but looks like we might have to - one for the iphone and 1 for the droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
I don't look forward to days spent looking more at my phone than the details in the parks. I hope I'm wrong, but this just seems like it will take away much of the spontaneity I love on vacation.

Dolphin, CBR, ASM, POP
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: