Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #16
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoble82 View Post
I really hope regular fastpass doesn't go away. I likely won't use this plus thing. I don't really go to parades or fireworks. If there's a character I don't mind waiting in line and if its too long I just move on. At least I have till December to see what happens. I may shorten my trip depending on what I hear.
I guess if you are staying on site, and you don't link your tickets to the bracelet you should be fine using the regular FP options. The problem would be nearly everyone staying on site is going to have the bracelets and gobbling up all the FPs from their phones a few days before you would have access. At least for the popular attractions.

I added your concern in italics above.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities

Last edited by bcrook; 01-06-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #17
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
I guess if you are staying on site, and you don't link your tickets to the bracelet you should be fine using the regular FP options. The problem would be nearly everyone staying on site is going to have the bracelets and gobbling up all the FPs from their phones a few days before you would have access. At least for the popular attractions.
If that ends up being how it has to be, when I check in, is it possible to separate your tickets from your room key? I though I read that was possible but I'm not sure. I suppose we will know more later about what is actually going to happen. I'll keep paying down my trip until I learn more.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #18
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoble82 View Post
If that ends up being how it has to be, when I check in, is it possible to separate your tickets from your room key? I though I read that was possible but I'm not sure. I suppose we will know more later about what is actually going to happen. I'll keep paying down my trip until I learn more.
I will add that question above. Could I stay in a Disney resort and not even purchase tickets to the park? Sure. Then you would have to have a bracelet for your room key. Then you could use your regular tickets to get in the park. I can't imagine that not being true.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #19
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I will add that question above. Could I stay in a Disney resort and not even purchase tickets to the park? Sure. Then you would have to have a bracelet for your room key. Then you could use your regular tickets to get in the park. I can't imagine that not being true.
Like people buying tickets from UT...

Old 01-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #20
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmichelle View Post
Right. You wouldn't have to hand the tickets over to link to your bracelet. But then a customer would have to use the "old" technology. . Use the old entrance to the park and leftovers for fastpass.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #21
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

I don't look forward to days spent looking more at my phone than the details in the parks. I hope I'm wrong, but this just seems like it will take away much of the spontaneity I love on vacation.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #22
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
I don't look forward to days spent looking more at my phone than the details in the parks. I hope I'm wrong, but this just seems like it will take away much of the spontaneity I love on vacation.
I am glad we got our four park challenge in last summer! Can you imagine how hard it would be to ride all the major rides in each park with only two FP and those at one park. I guess now one would have to go in September to complete the challenge.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #23
AUDramaQueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can you still buy tickets from UT and make the Fastpass + reservations or Do you have to have a package to access the reservation system on My Disney Experience?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #24
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDramaQueen View Post
Can you still buy tickets from UT and make the Fastpass + reservations or Do you have to have a package to access the reservation system on My Disney Experience?
We don't know the exact details of how this would be handled just yet. But as far as we are expecting, yes...package tickets does not appear to be required.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 01-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #25
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
We don't know the exact details of how this would be handled just yet. But as far as we are expecting, yes...package tickets does not appear to be required.
From the T&C:

A confirmed FastPass+ selection is not valid for admission to any theme or water park and valid park admission is required to make a selection and redeem a FastPass+ selection. To make a FastPass+ selection for you or your Friends, you must retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account.

What do you think that language means? Does that have anything to do with the survey question some testers answered? "- Would you buy tickets through Disney in order to use this feature?"

I wonder if this means if I use my DVC for a room, I still have buy my ticket direct? More good questions.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #26
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
From the T&C:

A confirmed FastPass+ selection is not valid for admission to any theme or water park and valid park admission is required to make a selection and redeem a FastPass+ selection. To make a FastPass+ selection for you or your Friends, you must retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account.

What do you think that language means? Does that have anything to do with the survey question some testers answered? "- Would you buy tickets through Disney in order to use this feature?"

I wonder if this means if I use my DVC for a room, I still have buy my ticket direct? More good questions.
Hmmm.I missed that part in my reading. But we also know that AP holders should be included, and supposedly DVC members...but not how. And it seems to indicate a way to link tickets to the reservation
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 01-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #27
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
From the T&C:

It sounds like to be apart of FP+ you would have to buy tickets through Disney. In addition to room perks (EMH), now they're targeting ticket perks (FP+)... smart.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #28
AUDramaQueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
From the T&C:

To make a FastPass+ selection for you or your Friends, you must retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account.
Perhaps when you receive your tickets from UT, you can link (or "associate" to use their words) those to your account using the information on the back of the ticket???

I have a hotel ressie at Art of Animation for March, but was planning on buying the tickets through UT so getting a little antsy about my plans!!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #29
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDramaQueen View Post
Perhaps when you receive your tickets from UT, you can link (or "associate" to use their words) those to your account using the information on the back of the ticket???

I have a hotel ressie at Art of Animation for March, but was planning on buying the tickets through UT so getting a little antsy about my plans!!
The associate part sounds good. But the survey question does not!

I still think we are going to get hit with dynamic daily pricing, and that is going to be why we need to buy directly from Disney. Outside ticket purchases would need to be accommodated for a year or so anyway, wouldn't you think?

Man we need to know, I put off PAP through DVC because of the unknown, now I fear if I wait too late, I could miss out on the non expiration option, or worse buy a ticket that doesn't work the best for me.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #30
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It sounds like to be apart of FP+ you would have to buy tickets through Disney. In addition to room perks (EMH), now they're targeting ticket perks (FP+)... smart.
That is where that yield management and dynamic pricing could come in. This is looking like it is going to be a lot more than just tweaking the FP distribution.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: