Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #25
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboysmom View Post
OP, I am trying to sympathize with you but I am not sure what your point is starting this thread was. You seem defensive over the answers you were given. Because you have never had a broken hip I am pretty sure you do not realize how painful it is. She needs a catheter to keep the urine off of her skin. While she is still wearing a diaper it is for bowel incontinence. For urine, she would need to be changed many times a day and night which equals tremendous pain to her. With wet diapers she is at an increased risk of skin breakdown on her bottom (painful bed sores).

As a long time nurse I will try to give you some advice that I imagine you won't like much. Please remember that all of these rude nurses are most likely doing their best to take care of your family member. It's a tough job. You and your DH also have a tough job as well making decisions for someone who is 100 years old. But, the way you come across on this thread is difficult and argumentstive. Remember that those nurses do not work for the ER director. If you aren't happy, call the administrators. And also remember, a little bit of honey goes a long way. You don't want your family member to be the one patient that nobody wants to take care of. I sincerely hope she does well for the surgery. Sometimes they surprise you.

dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: