Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #676
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
We did an excursion to the Mayan ruins at Chacchoben and it was absolutely amazing. I would not hesitate to do this again if we ever make it back to Costa Maya.

Corinna
Yes! That is the one I heard was so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Love the pictures!!!

I love the Mickey & Chip and Dale sightings! How much fun is that!?!?! And I love that they knew your daughter would be jealous and were "shocked" you didn't bring her!

Funny that you were so confused by the "lost" pictures! I probably would have lost my mind as well!
They were so much fun. I wish I could go see them today!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #677
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Well I was alllllllllllllll the way back on page 35 on you 11/30 installment! I don't think I kept up with any of my subscribed threads in December at all. I spent this evening catching up on this one.

It looks like you girls had fun on your snorkeling adventure!

Sorry to hear about your Mickey Bar disaster. I would have been devastated too

I think if I ever go on a cruise I will set my alarm for 5:00am just so I can walk around the ship by myself and get all the good pictures. I would love to have the whole ship to myself!

What a great experience you had with Chip and Dale. Are the characters always up and roaming around that early? All the more reason to get up early.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #678
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Well I was alllllllllllllll the way back on page 35 on you 11/30 installment! I don't think I kept up with any of my subscribed threads in December at all. I spent this evening catching up on this one.

It looks like you girls had fun on your snorkeling adventure!

Sorry to hear about your Mickey Bar disaster. I would have been devastated too

I think if I ever go on a cruise I will set my alarm for 5:00am just so I can walk around the ship by myself and get all the good pictures. I would love to have the whole ship to myself!

What a great experience you had with Chip and Dale. Are the characters always up and roaming around that early? All the more reason to get up early.
Thats OK. I have had a heck of a time keep up with subscribed threads too. Skip has his hip replacement tomorrow, so I wil lget more behind. I plan to bring my kindle along and hope for wifi. Then I can get some reading done. Another thought is to bring my laptop and try to edit pictures on it. janet coined the phrase "craptop" and that is exactly what my laptop is, so I am not sure if that will work or not, but it will help pass time if it does.

I love the early mornings. I have never seen characters roaming before early, that was a first and last time for me, so far..... but it could be normal. I sure am glad to have had such a special moment..well a couple of them.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #679
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

On our way to Costa Maya!

The pier to the plaza is kind of long. They do have a trolley going back and forth, but we chose to walk.

A look back

We thought this was kind of funny. A lot of people canít read, because many stepped across the red line!

And there is the Trolley leaving pretty darn full.

I thought this looked so pretty.

As you can see it was a bit windy today and cloudy. But it was still warm out.

We finally made it to the plaza!

Immediately we had vendors asking us to come in their shops. This can be annoying as you tell them maybe later, etc., but they really pressure you. Do they really think you will buy something if they harass you?

We had to stop and get a quick picture.

Yay! I was happy to see that they did sell lots of touristy junk though.

Lisa was on the lookout for a dress, but she never did find one she liked enough to buy.

This sign totally cracked us up.

I thought this was so cute, especially since we live on a dairy farm, but getting it home wouldnít be easy and honestly, what the heck would I do with it?

Old 01-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #680
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We kept browsing, looking at all the “junk” for sale.

I found this top, and I really liked it. Lisa took a picture of me wearing it, so I could see how it looked. Well it doesn’t look good with shorts! The price was too high too.

I tried to haggle, but they wouldn’t go down enough. I told them I would think about it. I ended up getting a top like it in pink a little later, only mine was a tank top version. The guy haggled with me and I set my price and kept saying no to his. He finally agreed, and then he said he wanted a tip for lunch too. Here’s my tip, don’t drink the water in Mexico! LOL. Seriously, I was not paying a dime more than the price I said, and he seemed kind of irked about it, but I got that dang thing, didn’t I?

We went out exploring some more.

We looked at a lot of these dresses, but the price was never right for Lisa and she didn’t find a style she was in love with.

There was this huge pool here in the plaza and it was free to use. Lots of families did use it too.

We decided we each needed another picture.

I brought my kindle off with me, as I heard at one time they had free wifi here. No such luck. I gave it a try, but couldn’t find a network that wasn’t password protected.

These chairs totally “cracked” me up.

Our beautiful ship in the distance.

And more shopping.

And look who we ran into.

Brook said they had taken a taxi in through town. She said I was just ok, neat to see, but nothing great.

A little fun area for sprinkler running.

It did start to sprinkle at one time, so we stayed in a few stores till it stopped. We also noticed a few stores were closed. Later we found out that it was some sort of Holiday and the “big” stores (like the jewelers) were closed because of it.

They had a dolphin swim area.

We checked it out a little later and it was very small. If I was going to do a dolphin swim, it wouldn’t be here.

More roaming around.

This was a ceiling in one of the restaurants.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #681
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I just checked if we will stop at Costa Maya in August and yes we will. So it's great to get an impression of what to expect!
Thanks for a lot of photos, Jen!

I will keep my fingers crossed for Skip's surgery tomorrow. to both of you!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #682
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I loved the look of the pool and was a bit sad that we did not have time to try it, but I have to say other than that I would have hated to stay in the port area. I hate pushy vendors.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #683
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I just checked if we will stop at Costa Maya in August and yes we will. So it's great to get an impression of what to expect!
Thanks for a lot of photos, Jen!

I will keep my fingers crossed for Skip's surgery tomorrow. to both of you!
I would suggest doing an excursion here. I think it seems a bit scary to go off on your own outside this area. It's al lgate in with military around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I loved the look of the pool and was a bit sad that we did not have time to try it, but I have to say other than that I would have hated to stay in the port area. I hate pushy vendors.

Corinna
A lot of Mexico is like that. I remember going to Cancun and a guy would follow me through other stores.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #684
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Boo to the pushy vendors, but I love all of those dresses and tops! What a hard choice!!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #685
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Boo to the pushy vendors, but I love all of those dresses and tops! What a hard choice!!
They were cute, but we wanted them to be cheaper!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #686
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

I remember the pushy Vendors when I was there with my DH on our HM. I hate that. We did an excursion at that port but we passed through that area on the way back to the ship. We didn't even go in the little shops because if it, they were in EVERY doorway we walked past.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #687
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I remember the pushy Vendors when I was there with my DH on our HM. I hate that. We did an excursion at that port but we passed through that area on the way back to the ship. We didn't even go in the little shops because if it, they were in EVERY doorway we walked past.
Yes, they stalk you from the doorways. LOL
Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #688
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the updates. I love all the little touristy shops but it usually is all just junk in those shops. They still fun to look at.

Hope Skip's surgery went ok.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #689
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the updates. I love all the little touristy shops but it usually is all just junk in those shops. They still fun to look at.

Hope Skip's surgery went ok.
Lots of junk, but sometimes you just need a little more junk in your house!

Thanks! it seems to have gone well. He was much more alert after this surgery. They said his hip was really bad, bone on bone. I said, well at least i know why he was complaining and the Dr said, "well yeah he's a complainer too"
Old 01-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #690
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Glad to hear Skip's surgery went well. My life has really been better since I had mine done. Same bone on bone situation. Hope his recovery goes well.
Really enjoying your TR. Looking forward to reading the rest. Then I have to go read your other one!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: