Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
notallboys
Earning My Ears

Having so much fun!

At the fort now and my family is having a blast! If you are here now, please stop by and say hello-we are the site with the semi that is decorated. Thanks so much to everyone that posts tips, we have learned so much from all of you!
notallboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
bama_ed
My old avatar was the blue Muppet named Grover

That's wonderful. Sometimes down at HDDR they have a choir that does Christmas carols for the crowds gathered outside before each show starts. I've seen them there a couple times but that was always in the days before Christmas - have you seen them? I don't know if they perform every day/every show.

Have you been in any of the parks yet? Any horror stories like a 2-hr wait for Space Mountain? I'll bet the new parts of Fantasyland are full.

Thanks for the update.

Bama ED
Jan 1988 FW 700 Loop (tent).......Jan 2004 FW 2500 Loop (cabin)....... Apr 2011 FW 2000 Loop (pop-up)
May 1988 FW 1200 Loop (tent).... May 2006 FW 900 Loop (pop-up) .... Mar 2012 FW 1500 Loop (pop-up)
Dec 1995 Contemporary.............. Mar 2007 FW 1000 Loop (pop-up).... Apr 2013 FW 100 Loop (pop-up)

plus countless WDW day trips, DL 3X, DLP 2X - TV: 2005 Chevy Suburban - Camper: 2014 Aliner Expedition - Nights Camped: 182
bama_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
KimIce
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by notallboys View Post
At the fort now and my family is having a blast! If you are here now, please stop by and say hello-we are the site with the semi that is decorated. Thanks so much to everyone that posts tips, we have learned so much from all of you!
Are you in the 1200 Loop?

Kim
Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
notallboys
Earning My Ears

Sorry for the delay in responding. I kept getting kicked off while at the Fort. We were in the 1800 loop. Luck seemed to be on our side in the parks. We were given all day fast passes when we arrived at Hollywood Studios so no wait that day. . Magic Kingdom was busy but we must have timed things right. Our longest wait was 25 minutes.
This was our first time visiting during Christmas. We had a blast driving around enjoying all of the decorations. After viewing all of the effort some of you put into decorating your sites, my husband had to eat a little crow for giving me a hard time for the decorations I brought down.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
lodge
DIS Veteran

So happy to hear your experiences right now... makes me feel like I'm right there with you!!

How did you manage all day fastpasses? I've never heard of that before! Yay for your luck!
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
musket mickey
Dream Finder

I have never heard of all day fast passes either. Is this something new ? Enjoy your time at disney I wish our family could be there as well. We have never been there during christmas ; must be quite the adventure.
musket mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
notallboys
Earning My Ears

The all day fast passes were given to us because we had to visit guest services upon arrival due to one of our cards not reading properly
Old 01-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #8
4daubers
I'll never have the swell post that bags a tag

There is no better place to be than WDW and FW at Christmas. Our next trip is for Spring Break 2014. Excited to be going back...but Christmas will be hard to top.

The parks are amazing at Christmas but there is something very endearing about Fort Wilderness with campsite and cabin decorations to the max and everyone is in the spirit of the season. Some of our best memories are the Christmas Processional at EPCOT, golf cart rides through the loops at night and sitting on the dock with Christmas carols playing.

So glad you are having a grand time. Can't wait for more updates!

2010, 2008 WDW Christmas at Fort Wilderness July Trips 2007, 2002 Fort Wilderness and 1997 All Stars
2007 Cardinal 33 TBHLE 2009 F 350 6.4L Powerstroke Diesel 4x4
4daubers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
BeBeCee
Earning My Ears

Returning to our favorite camping spot ever in Feb! Anyone have a favorite loop? We stayed in the 1400 loop and loved it. Premium site, no pet loop. We love our pets, but leaving them home this go round.
BeBeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #10
Readerbug
Using My Ears

Nowadays, with prices going UP UP, and changes taking away some nostalgia and value, it is wonderful to hear of Disney "making magic" customer service like those all day fast passes for your family!
I've been telling my teens to watch out, when we do arrive in the parks, for CM's and moments like that. And secretly, I was wondering if there isn't so much pixie dust as there used to be.
Sometimes I think, we want a truly 'magic' World, a real 'happiest place on earth', that we get in the habit of taking customer service- "magic" - for granted. I have! It is easier to see what's "wrong" and "not the way it used to be".
Readerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #11
ChrisinNJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readerbug View Post
Nowadays, with prices going UP UP, and changes taking away some nostalgia and value, it is wonderful to hear of Disney "making magic" customer service like those all day fast passes for your family!
I've been telling my teens to watch out, when we do arrive in the parks, for CM's and moments like that. And secretly, I was wondering if there isn't so much pixie dust as there used to be.
Sometimes I think, we want a truly 'magic' World, a real 'happiest place on earth', that we get in the habit of taking customer service- "magic" - for granted. I have! It is easier to see what's "wrong" and "not the way it used to be".
One of the best things to get a little magic is to talk to the cast members, and I don't mean that I talk to them just to get stuff for free, but most of the magical moments that have been bestowed on us have happened after chats with cast members.

Disney has some really wonderful people working for them. In chatting we have had some great conversations, some great "it really is a small world" connections, and we have gotten stuff as well.

On our last trip, as we came through the gate for MK early in the morning, we were waiting for members of our party to come through security. A lovely cast member approached to see if we needed any help, and we told her we were just waiting on the rest of our group.

She noticed my DD's birthday button and asked her who her favorite princess was. (Belle) She then offered us wristbands for the fantasyland preview so that my DD could meet Belle on her birthday! The preview that day was for DVC members, and I think they were letting others in even without the wristbands, but being invited as a special treat was really nice, and definitely added some magic to our day!!

So, chat with the cast members, and maybe you'll get sprinkled with pixie dust , or maybe you'll just have a pleasant conversation.

DH & Me DD13 DS13 DD10 Holly
ChrisinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #12
lodge
DIS Veteran

Cool for your daughter and happy birthday to her!
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: