Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #91
DVCJones
DIS Veteran
 
DVCJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck
My professional opinion as a husband that hates cheaters: Rip his ***** off and feed them to him.
I like this!!!

Like I said earlier. 'Where there's smoke there's fire.'

I'm so sorry OP. Trust your gut here. Women truly have a sixth sense for this type of thing. But, our heart makes us question what the head already knows.

Stay strong. Confront. Expect to made to feel crazy (you're not). Expect to be lied to. Lean on your friends and family. I have helped pull many o friend and family member through this scenario. I sometimes swear there is a script.

Hugs!
__________________
DVCJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #92
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Southern California and Flexico
Posts: 11,171

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Thanks for the support everyone. It felt weird putting the whole situation on this board at first but I feel better that I let it out to someone! I haven't said anything to him yet because I know right now I can't be rational about it. I want to take my earrings out and just pummel his stupid face to be honest. So I am going to wait until I have my thoughts collected and I can say something rationally and calmly. Everyone's hugs have made me feel not so alone right now. Thanks
It will be so hard to not return to the anger and hurt when you talk to him. If he is up to something, he will deny and deny and then turn it around on you. Be prepared.
__________________
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #93
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread
 
Mermaid02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 20,541

I can totally relate OP. Recently found something similar and I'm still upset whenever I think about it.
__________________


~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #94
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,972

Just looking at the "optimist" side... its possible what he meant as "harmless fliting" was taken too far by this woman. Remember, you cant read inflection in the text.

My suggestion... "Honey, did you ever set up your date with xxxx.?" Play innocent, you happened to see the text while using his phone. Watch his facial expression.
__________________
Freedom W. Caribbean June 15 - June 22, 2014 Video
Oasis W. Caribbean June 8 - June 15, 2014 Review
Barcelo Maya Palace June 29-July 6, 2012
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #95
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay
 
OceanAnnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 17,311

I'd have a lot of emotions over this. Trust is so important without it, what have you got?

I'm sure you have lots of questions. I would wonder if there were more women calling/texting if your husband is turning off the sound of the phone at home and quits texting when you enter a room. The conversation you had about the gym and questions about your husband from other women there because of his behavior, stinks. I'd be fuming just like you.

I wonder how you could get the maximum amount of information from him without revealing too much of what you know. In other words, how much would he tell you on his own not knowing what you know. I'd want to get his version of things before I told him what I knew. Maybe just ask him, "Do you know "X"? Do you consider her a friend? Does she ever contact you?" If he asks why, I'd say something like, "Just wondering. I've seen her a few times when I've gone to my family's house." I don't know. But I'd do something along those lines.

ETA- It's a "chance" it's innocent. Not too much of a chance to me. But if he denies even knowing her, that would say a lot -- to me anyway.

Good luck with this.
__________________


"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown



OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #96
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't
 
goofyintoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 9,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gordon
Just looking at the "optimist" side... its possible what he meant as "harmless fliting" was taken too far by this woman. Remember, you cant read inflection in the text.

My suggestion... "Honey, did you ever set up your date with xxxx.?" Play innocent, you happened to see the text while using his phone. Watch his facial expression.
This is so true. And I love your way of thinking! Its perfect! That's how i would start. Definitely watch his reaction when you say this.
__________________
I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!



........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........







AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #97
Robbi
DIS Veteran
 
Robbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Thanks for the support everyone. It felt weird putting the whole situation on this board at first but I feel better that I let it out to someone! I haven't said anything to him yet because I know right now I can't be rational about it. I want to take my earrings out and just pummel his stupid face to be honest. So I am going to wait until I have my thoughts collected and I can say something rationally and calmly. Everyone's hugs have made me feel not so alone right now. Thanks
Here's another
Hope everything goes well.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #98
StephMK
DIS Veteran
 
StephMK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: TBD
Posts: 5,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanAnnie View Post
I'd have a lot of emotions over this. Trust is so important without it, what have you got?

I'm sure you have lots of questions. I would wonder if there were more women calling/texting if your husband is turning off the sound of the phone at home and quits texting when you enter a room. The conversation you had about the gym and questions about your husband from other women there because of his behavior, stinks. I'd be fuming just like you.

I wonder how you could get the maximum amount of information from him without revealing too much of what you know. In other words, how much would he tell you on his own not knowing what you know. I'd want to get his version of things before I told him what I knew. Maybe just ask him, "Do you know "X"? Do you consider her a friend? Does she ever contact you?" If he asks why, I'd say something like, "Just wondering. I've seen her a few times when I've gone to my family's house." I don't know. But I'd do something along those lines.

ETA- It's a "chance" it's innocent. Not too much of a chance to me. But if he denies even knowing her, that would say a lot -- to me anyway.

Good luck with this.
Personally, I can't imagine a situation that would make his behavior innocent but I agree, I'd try to get as much info as I could without tipping my hand just yet. Maybe topics such as you're interested in joining the gym too, has he met x, you met her at your dad's house, or different ways to feel out his impressions of the gym and people he knows there.

Good luck, I know it's not easy to keep the frying pan in the cabinet at this point.
__________________
DD DD DS
StephMK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #99
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: East Tn
Posts: 15,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I know many many people who keep there phone on silent I don't see this as evil??
Are you still just trying to "look on the bright side" here or would you really buy into this if you were the OP?If you really believe there is a chance for all this, you would never figure out that your own DH was cheating on you. It would definitely be a case of "the wife is always the last to know."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
I like this!!!

Like I said earlier. 'Where there's smoke there's fire.'

I'm so sorry OP. Trust your gut here. Women truly have a sixth sense for this type of thing. But, our heart makes us question what the head already knows.

Stay strong. Confront. Expect to made to feel crazy (you're not). Expect to be lied to. Lean on your friends and family. I have helped pull many o friend and family member through this scenario. I sometimes swear there is a script.

Hugs!
And I've been a hairdresser for almost 30 years and I have heard the same type of stories over and over and over again...I believe there IS a script.

OP, I am very, very sorry. I would not give my sources away.
when my BIL was cheating, we could check the girl's FB and everything coincided with what was going on. But when they had depositions the (stupid ) lawyer mentioned that to him. That night the girl deactivated her FB. DSis hired a PI and he was followed for 1 year!!! However, the PI said that in normal cases, when he is hired, he has all he needs in 48 hours!! 48 hours! DSis's H was fooling around with a 15yo so that changed a lot in how the PI handled the whole miserable mess.

I am sooo sorry you may be going through this type of situation. It was horrible for our family so I know what it is like all too well.

I, too, am surprised that that text did not raise more eyebrows here. That text is, at the least, a symptom of a breakdown in a solid marriage IMO.
__________________
Brenda: DISing since 2/2000


There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #100
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran
 
Nancyg56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 15,473

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I know many many people who keep there phone on silent I don't see this as evil??
On it's own a silent phone means nothing. When coupled with the rest of the behavior it is a huge red flag. Could this guy be as innocent as the driven snow? Sure. But honestly, in my home there would be one heck of a conversation.

I trust my husband and he trusts me. Neither one of us bothers with wedding rings and I have no issues with that either. But I can tell you that if my DH was getting texts from a woman who wanted a date and if I found out he was a hound dog at a gym and never revealed he was married the last thing he would need to worry about was his cell phone. He knows that if any other woman could entice him away from me she can have him. I would even pack his bags. No second chances. The disrespect alone is unforgivable in my opinion.

OP- I have no advice for you because I think that everyone has a line and that is personal. I agree that it is best to wait until you calm down before talking to your husband and then decide what you want to do.
__________________
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #101
disykat
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Washington State
Posts: 17,387

I wouldn't start the conversation with the texts. I'd start with "I'm curious what's going on at the gym. I'm starting to hear stories." and see what he has to say. If you leave it open and don't let him know what you know and don't know, you might get more information.
__________________
DL - 1966,1974,2007 WDW 1987,
WDW/BRB 12/90 Honeymoon, DW/DCL 07/01 family 10th Ann, WDW 12/10 family 20th anniversary
disykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #102
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran
 
horseshowmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 10,307

Quote:
Originally Posted by disykat View Post
I wouldn't start the conversation with the texts. I'd start with "I'm curious what's going on at the gym. I'm starting to hear stories." and see what he has to say. If you leave it open and don't let him know what you know and don't know, you might get more information.
I agree. It's always better not to let someone know how much you know for sure.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #103
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran
 
chloelovesdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 6,279

I wouldn't have a conversation at all, I'd hire a private investigator.
__________________

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #104
firecracker725
DIS Veteran
 
firecracker725's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: France
Posts: 1,189

Whether or not he's actually DONE anything, he's disrespecting your marriage, and that is so not okay. Forget rational, I'd be breaking out a rusty butter knife for some ...ahem, surgery.
__________________
--Crystal

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #105
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert
 
VeganCupcake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Palm Springs, Fl - about 2.5 hours away from The Most Magical Place On Earth!
Posts: 617

Small update-confronted about text. Tried to not blow up didn't work out so well, what can I say. He said -she just talks like that sometimes. The date thing was just a way of saying "work out session". I believe the date bit I do not believe that she always talks like that bit- just my instinct. I asked him how he would feel if he found text like that on my phone. He said he felt ashamed blah blah blah. He just mad I saw the text because he would be LIVID had he seen a text from some man he doesn't know on my phone using that same type of language he wouldn't even listen to me explain if the situation was reversed. I haven't said anything to him about what my stepmom said because I am waiting for the right time. I may have to get a guest pass to his gym for the week. I don't want to create a bad situation for my parents neighbor at her job. And I know if he tries to deny it at this point I'll go bananas. One step at a time.
__________________
MEDHDS:yay
VeganCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: