Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
lorenni
DIS Veteran

Really Disney? How hard is it to put 7 people in three rooms?

After literally 6 hours on the phone (5 hours and 45 minutes of that on hold), I was informed that two CMs in a row had screwed up our family's reservations. How hard is it to put seven people in three rooms? My son was in two different rooms, but apparently not "really" in either room so I couldn't book ME. What a fiasco.

And there is simply NO excuse for an hour and a half wait time on a Sunday night.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
After literally 6 hours on the phone (5 hours and 45 minutes of that on hold), I was informed that two CMs in a row had screwed up our family's reservations. How hard is it to put seven people in three rooms? My son was in two different rooms, but apparently not "really" in either room so I couldn't book ME. What a fiasco.

And there is simply NO excuse for an hour and a half wait time on a Sunday night.
If i read it correctly that you were on hold for 5:45 hours?? Then im sorry...but thats your fault.
Call back Monday afternoon if they were that busy. Afternoons around 2pm is a great time to call
Honestly...i have never waited more than 15 minutes or so....just call during different times.
Hope everything got resolved though...if not...call during a weekday.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
lorenni
DIS Veteran

That was spread out over three calls.

1. 10 min wait on a Saturday morning. This was to add a room and this CM screwed up e everything.

2. 45 min to get to a CM and an hour and a half on hold off and on (mostly on hold) for them to fix CM #1 mistake. This on a Monday evening.

3. 30 min on hold tonight - sent directly to survey without speaking to anyone. Called back and waited on hold for an hour before talking to anyone. Then sat on hold again while CM #3 fixed CM #2's mistakes.

I have one of those things called a day job. Can't spend my days on the phone with Disney, unfortunately.

Disney apologists need not respond. The fact is, when your phone wait time is more than 10 minutes, its time to hire more folks to answer the phone.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #4
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The fact is, when your phone wait time is more than 10 minutes, its time to hire more folks to answer the phone.
I agree. If the wait times are so long on weekends or in the evenings, that is when they should have more staff.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
That was spread out over three calls.

1. 10 min wait on a Saturday morning. This was to add a room and this CM screwed up e everything.

2. 45 min to get to a CM and an hour and a half on hold off and on (mostly on hold) for them to fix CM #1 mistake. This on a Monday evening.

3. 30 min on hold tonight - sent directly to survey without speaking to anyone. Called back and waited on hold for an hour before talking to anyone. Then sat on hold again while CM #3 fixed CM #2's mistakes.

I have one of those things called a day job. Can't spend my days on the phone with Disney, unfortunately.

Disney apologists need not respond. The fact is, when your phone wait time is more than 10 minutes, its time to hire more folks to answer the phone.
Ok got it....BUT
I think most on here has a "day" job...but i still find the time to call. It is way easier to call WDW as expected during the day. And you wont be "spending your days" on the phone....more like a few minutes.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #6
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:

Hate to piddle on your rice puffs, but this is a public forum and anyone who wants to can respond to any post.

The fact is that there has been a perfect storm of problems with the Disney reservation system that has been going on for well over a week now. If you had been on the Dis during that time you would have known about it.

Disney tried to launch a brand new website and it has failed miserably, with many, many technical glitches, causing the website to crash occasionally, prevented guests from making online reservations or changes to reservations, and causing the computers that the Phone CMs use to crash repeatedly.

On top of that Disney launched a brand new spring discount that has caused a predictable surge in phone traffic.

Add these together and you get tremendous demand on the reservations center and prolonged waits on hold.

In another day or so the majority of these calls will have shrunk to a dull roar and you will most likely be able to conduct your call in a more timely manner.

Sorry if this Disney apologist has taken up too much of your time.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #7
Robbi
DIS Veteran

OP, there have been many posts about absurdly long wait times for the past week.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #8
momof4minnies
Mouseketeer

I too was on hold for about an hour and a half straight last Friday afternoon. I'm a stay home mom (kiddos on break now) and I can't imagine how anyone that has a job outside of the home can get anything personal done . So I can totally understand OP's frustration. Hopefully all the errors got resolved and will be pixie dust from here on out.

1971 WDW opening year
several visits to DL as a wee one
Oct 1998 Poly
Jun 2000 CBR
Aug 2001 CR
Jul 2003 CR
June 2004 GF CL
Jun 2005 CR CL
Jul 2007 GF CL
Nov 2008 WL CL
Jun 2009 DL Hyatt
Nov 2011 WL CL - DD Sweet 16

NEXT TRIP JUN 2013 BW CL - 2nd DDs SWEET 16
Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #9
lablady
Mouseketeer

Is there some rule on this site that you have to be as rude and condescending as possible as often as possible? The OP may have chosen to stay on hold longer than some, hoping to just get a hold of SOMEONE who would fix her issue, but I really don't see how that should push anyone else over the edge! Geez people, be nice already! Some of these replies are just rude.

<Shawna>
Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 AM   #10
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lablady View Post
Is there some rule on this site that you have to be as rude and condescending as possible as often as possible? The OP may have chosen to stay on hold longer than some, hoping to just get a hold of SOMEONE who would fix her issue, but I really don't see how that should push anyone else over the edge! Geez people, be nice already! Some of these replies are just rude.
Well said.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #11
lorenni
DIS Veteran

Thanks. That's exactly right - only recently did we Discover that for some reason I was not on the ME Reservation. While there are a group of us, my baby and I are flying in from a different city earlier in the day. Without ME I would be juggling his stroller, his diaper bag, our luggage and the baby all by myself. So yes, I had no choice but to wait on hold again in the hope that someone would be able to help - eventually.

I am aware that I can get on the ME without the luggage tags in 3 weeks, but collection my luggage to hand it off at ME defeats the whole purpose of the service for me.

And call me crazy, but if my employer can beta-test a website before releasing it shouldn't Disney be able to do the same?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #12
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

I find the Disney phone system annoying to begin with, so errors would make it even the more annoying. That whole thing of having to spell your name, say your name, give lots of information, etc and then having to verify each detail over again when your call is answered can put someone on edge. And let's admit it, some reservationists are better than others...which is true anywhere...

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
Old 01-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #13
KELLY
DIS Veteran

I have been wanting to call to upgrade our resort. I'm so terrified of the wait since I have to pay for long distance charges I'm waiting til next month. Hopefully it will calm down.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 01-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #14
nuge67
Mouseketeer

Anyway you cut it, it is very bad customer service, more so for a place like Disney.

And for those saying one should only call Disney during work hours, that is an insult. What if a person or family works full-time and cannot call Disney until night time or the weekends, then maybe they should take their business and money elsewhere?

What if they do call during work hours, which it appears many have been doing and having the same negative results, should they take their business and money elsewhere?

What about those living overseas or in different time zones, they also shouldn't bother calling or visiting Disney as well unless they call Disney between 9-5 DISNEY time?

I can bet you right now that those who run Disney, not those are these boards, would be furious about such wait times no matter what time or day or night it is, it is bad for Disney...
JMO
Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #15
nuge67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lablady View Post
It is tough for a newbie or someone not up to date or their standards to ask a question here, I mean, this is suppose to be the best place to ask a question about Disney, isn't it?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: