Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
Licorice1
Earning My Ears

Help! Captain's Grille or Kouzzina

Hi! I'm looking for your opinion for our last ADR in February. We are staying at the Beach Club and want to dine close to the hotel for our first night. Would you suggest eating at the Captain's Grille or Kouzzina? My family is not too picky but does not like things too spicy- my DH is a "meat and potatoes" kind of guy.
Thanks!
Licorice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

I would do Kouzzina. It has a rib eye steak with potatoes and vegetables for your husband. It also, has fish, lamb, chicken, stew, pasta, and a vegetarian dish, plus a trio dish. Here is a link to view both menus.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/disneydining.cfm

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
autismgoesdisney
DIS Veteran

We did Captain's Grille and while it was decent, its not a rush back to place. Haven't tried Kouzzina but definitely going to hit it this trip

Previous trips to WDW: 1981 Poly; 1984 Poly; Mar 2001 CSR; Nov 2008 Sports AS; Dec 2010 POP Century; Aug 2011 POR; Aug 2012 CBR/POR; Aug 2013 AOA/POR; Aug 2014 POR
Previous cruises: Carnival Splendor April 2013; Disney Fantasy January 2014;
autismgoesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
Karabee
DIS Veteran

I never thought I would be so against a restaurant but Kouzzina was the biggest waste of money last trip. We were all so disappointed! The food was so boring and while my dad did have the Fishermans Stew which had spice, he said it was overpowering yet somehow still bland! None of us finished. Even the wine flights were not very good. The worst was the decor! It reminded us of a Cracker Barrel lol. As with all restaurants people will have different opinions but this one is forever crossed off my list.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
partigus
Mouseketeer

hard to be objective

I'e had 2 meals at each of these locations...both about 6 months ago....

Problem is both Kouzinna meals were Bfast, while the other was bfast and dinner...

While I can't comment on dinner, both Bfasts at Kouzinna were awesome. I hate spending huge "resort" $ on eggs, but what can I say, we're booking a return this year!!!!! Chefs and servers were great- food aweson=me as well.

Captains Grill...

Bfast...decent buffet. Compared to the character buffets very lackluster...the same compared to the "skillet bfast at ohannas (character) or wilderness lodge (not)"

all in all, good food fast, but for similar price Kouzinna is a much better option unless you are in a real hurry.

Dinner at CG...was decent- but we were seated in an incredibly cold spot- right under the AC vent and it took an act of congress to move us and it was still very cold (I'm an overweight guy and usually warm- i really felt bad for my slim daughters and neice and nephew!. This made an otherwise good meal, bad
2011 Yacht Club (5)
2010 Contemporary (5)
2009 Beach Club Villas (6)
2008 Wilderness Lodge (5)
2005 French Quarter (7)
2004 Wilderness Lodge (2)
2004 Marriott World Center (2)
2003 Polynesian (4)
1996 Port Orleans (4)
1992 Off Site (2)
1988 Grad Night (1)
1988 Naval Training Center (1)
1987 Grad Night (1)
1987 Naval Training Center (1)
Several family day trips- early 80's (4)
Trips to Fort Wilderness Campgrounds in early 70's (?)
partigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:00 AM   #6
CoolDisneyCat
DVC member - BCV

I vote Kouzzina! We have eaten there several times and really enjoy it. Be sure to try the bread and dips.

Comparing the decor to Cracker Barrel?? That just makes me laugh it's a rustic Mediterranean, not Grandma's Southern!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
Karabee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDisneyCat
I vote Kouzzina! We have eaten there several times and really enjoy it. Be sure to try the bread and dips.

Comparing the decor to Cracker Barrel?? That just makes me laugh it's a rustic Mediterranean, not Grandma's Southern!
LOL I know what it's suppose to be I just did not at all get that feeling. I've been to many places along the Mediterranean and this still felt more Southern USA, but that's just me! As I said, what one of us dislike another will love
Old 01-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #8
Licorice1
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all your opinions! I reviewed the menus and I think we will try Kouzzinas. I'm sure we will enjoy it. I like that they have a steak dinner as we are forgoing Le Cellier this year due to it becoming a "Signature" restaurant.
Licorice1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: