Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Having a pity party

Ok, I am pregnant with my first baby. No one has offered to throw a baby shower, and I know no one probably will. I have thrown numerous baby and bridal showers, I have spent thousands to be in friends weddings, but when it comes to me, no one seems to care or notice. I have thrown birthday parties for my friends, but I am lucky if they even remember mine. I never had a bridal shower. After the fact my best friend said "Oh I meant to do it but got busy, and you are the party thrower in our group". My mom and sister just never said a word. Now I live out of state, so I know it will never happen. I am starting to feel very alone and like my friends are not really my friends or there when I need them. The only thing that can make you feel worse in this situation? My husband blabbed to his best friend that I was upset about this and I got an email from his wife (who is an acquaintance) that basically said her husband is trying to make her throw me a shower and isn't there anyone else that can do it. So now I am humiliated and depressed. I know the hormones are making it worse but I am a mess.

PS I should say my coworkers have been wonderful and are going to throw a work party. So they at least make me feel loved.
FlyingDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: