Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #10
QueenEleanor
Earning My Ears

The ground transportation available from Disney ($60 per person round trip) from Houston Airport to the ship and back leaves from the Marriot hotel at the airport. This is also the "official" hotel that Disney puts you up in if they provide flights for you. My recommendation would then be to stay at this hotel if you can swing it.

We too are coming from SoCal flying out of LAX. I made my travel arrangements through Disney as they will fly us out the day before the cruise, and put us up in the hotel, and bus us to and from the ship.

As for the liquids, yes, you can bring your own. This is especially cost effective if you bring wine. If you bring the bottle to the dinner table you will have to pay a corkage fee (forget how much it is...but the Palo corkage fee is $20!) but if you open it in your cabin, pour it into a glass, and carry the glass to dinner...no corkage fee! I'm not much of a wine drinker but my BIL with whom I was on the Panama Canal trip last month is quite a connoisseur. But even he can't drink an entire bottle by himself ha ha! So he kept his bottle(s) in his cabin and would stop at one of the lounges and get a glass so he could enjoy some wine in his cabin in the afternoon while reading.

Magic Mexican Reviera 2005
Magic Transatlantic 2007
Wonder Panama Canal 2012
Magic 8-night Bahamian 2013
Magic TCM Classic Movie 5-night 2013
QueenEleanor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: