Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #271
OchreHand
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
Sorry for taking so long to post a report. We stayed at CSR for Christmas. December 20 - 27. We arrived in the evening after a six hour drive. We got the building we requested in the Cabanas. We were right near bus stop #4. The check in was quick and easy. The Christmas decorations were fantastic. The room was clean and in great shape. Not much wear and tear noticed by us. We set up a Christmas tree in the room. mouseKeeping was good. The bus service was phenomenal. We rarely waited more than 15 minutes for a bus, we rarely had to stand, perhaps twice the entire trip.

Cafe Rix was great in the morning, busy, but manageable. Rix lounge was great too. A co-worker and his family vacationed at CSR during the same time frame and we had a great time in Rix Lounge with Zachary the bartender. Try the Rix Red Ale!!! Great beer!

Pepper market was just o.k. I ate there once the entire trip. The kids did have the breakfast buffet one morning and enjoyed it. Im not a fan of PM.

I have to say, this being our second stay at CSR, I'm sold. I love the lay out, the decor and how quiet the place is. Coffee at the lake in the morning was a great start to the day, the availability of Rix lounge at night if a beer was in order at the end of the day. The great bus service both to and from the parks. The parks were absolute bedlam. I knew prior to booking the trip that we would be experiencing WDW at the busiest time of the year. It was still a great time. Despite the packed crowds, CSR was tranquil and never seemed busy. Zachary from Rix told me that they were at 67% occupancy during Christmas week. Our previous stay was in 2010. Last January we stayed at POR and it was tough to decide which i liked more. POR is beautiful, has a great atmosphere abs tons to offer. Id stay there again no problem. But after another stay at CSR, i appreciate CSR even more. The place has alot going for it. I highly recommend CSR. I know i'll be back.
Awesome review!

I'm heading to CSR for the first time next week. Good to hear that despite the crowded parks, the resort was quiet for you. That's always a concern for me.. I don't mind a bustling park but I definitely need tranquility when coming back.

I stayed onsite for the first time last year over at POFQ. I liked POFQ a lot despite it being compact. But I think the one thing I'll miss is the nice boat ride you get from POR/POFQ to Downtown Disney.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #272
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I called regarding the bc rooms.... it would be hardly anything to change from my current room category to the bc category. Sadly, there was only a king room available. I had tons to tie up (DME, Payment..) but I was on hold for over an hour!!! The cm was super nice and advised me to call back daily to check since there is time and people often change plans.

I have yet to make a room request. Not sure it matters. We won't need to be close to a bus stop.. but I guess having a shorter distance to the main areas would be nice. Would the 9B be a good building for that? (assuming I can actually get a BC room.)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #273
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I called regarding the bc rooms.... it would be hardly anything to change from my current room category to the bc category. Sadly, there was only a king room available. I had tons to tie up (DME, Payment..) but I was on hold for over an hour!!! The cm was super nice and advised me to call back daily to check since there is time and people often change plans.

I have yet to make a room request. Not sure it matters. We won't need to be close to a bus stop.. but I guess having a shorter distance to the main areas would be nice. Would the 9B be a good building for that? (assuming I can actually get a BC room.)
I was never able to get through to a live CM yesterday. I tried multiple times, but 45 minutes was the longest I was willing to hold! Their phone system never gave an indication what my hold time might be!

This morning I called and upgraded my reservation to "Business Class". Business Class King was also available on the Passholder rate - for $17.50 additional per night.

Here's the description of the room I booked:

"All rooms have 2 queen-size beds, hardwood furniture, desk and chair, vanity area with sink, a ceiling fan and a bathroom. All rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include flat-panel TV, in-room wall safe, voice mail, complimentary Wi-Fi, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, mini-fridge, coffee maker and access to Coconino Cove, our Business Lounge. A Pack 'n Play playard is available upon request. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. These rooms are located closer to the convention center and main building and offer views of the courtyard or parking lot."

I didn't make any room requests. I've had parking lot views at CSR in the past and they were fine. No complaints! I'll just leave it to chance to see what I get this time.

I will come back here and report on my experience!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #274
DisneyJBL
Earning My Ears

Glad to hear about your enjoyment of all 3 sections! I am going to CSR in April for my first visit to that resort, and had read the comments about the Ranchos. They actually looked pretty neat to me and think I am just going to leave it up to the Disney gods to decide where I should stay!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #275
Madasahatter74
Earning My Ears

We are planning our 6th visit to CSR for Oct 18-27. Anyone know if there is a convention at that time? I searched the thread but don't see anything. We can only book standard view or junior suite. I am holding out for preferred or business class. I spent my honeymoon in the Ranchos and have no desire to be there again!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #276
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I was never able to get through to a live CM yesterday. I tried multiple times, but 45 minutes was the longest I was willing to hold! Their phone system never gave an indication what my hold time might be!
When we were at AAA yesterday, the agent told us she was dealing with 1.5 hour waits to get someone on the phone at Disney. It's because Disney's spring offer and AAA's offer went public on the same day so everyone is calling to get the best rates. The CMs are working overtime because of the influx in phone traffic.

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #277
Abharmagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post
When we were at AAA yesterday, the agent told us she was dealing with 1.5 hour waits to get someone on the phone at Disney. It's because Disney's spring offer and AAA's offer went public on the same day so everyone is calling to get the best rates. The CMs are working overtime because of the influx in phone traffic.
What's AAA's offer? Is it better than Disney's????
April 2013
Next Trip- Labor Day 2014- SeaWorld- Aquatica- Legoland- MNSSHP- Can't wait!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #278
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madasahatter74 View Post
We are planning our 6th visit to CSR for Oct 18-27. Anyone know if there is a convention at that time? I searched the thread but don't see anything. We can only book standard view or junior suite. I am holding out for preferred or business class. I spent my honeymoon in the Ranchos and have no desire to be there again!
According to Buzz's website, no conventions are scheduled then.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #279
kendo43
Earning My Ears

Ok, me and my wife just got back from Disney about a month ago. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and loved it! We are planning are going back same time this year. December 8-15th 2013. I have looked at this thread for the past hour or so and seem to like it. Convince me why we should stay here instead of a different moderate. And give me some suggestions on which rooms and areas you would recommend.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #280
nathanyell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
I'll be there from 2/23-25 for Princess 1/2 marathon. Will try and post updates!
Thanks! I'm really excited about it but knowing what we get for the $$ is also important to me.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #281
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Question How many drawers in the dresser ?

From the picture of a CSR room dresser - standard room - it looks like either 3 large drawers in the dresser, each with 2 handle pulls ----
OR
Does the CSR standard room dresser have 6 drawers, 2 side by side and 3 rows down ?

Thank you !

For 4 people it would be noce to have the 6 drawers - so everyone can have their own.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #282
JohnO
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo43
Ok, me and my wife just got back from Disney about a month ago. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and loved it! We are planning are going back same time this year. December 8-15th 2013. I have looked at this thread for the past hour or so and seem to like it. Convince me why we should stay here instead of a different moderate. And give me some suggestions on which rooms and areas you would recommend.
Ive stayed at both POR and CSR. In fact i stayed at both this past year of 2012. POR in January, CSR in December.

I love both of them. I felt the buses were better at CSR. The food court was better at POR. The decor was great at both. The rooms are nicer at CSR. (I did not stay in a refurbed room at POR). The pool at CSR is much better. CSR does marshmallow roasts at night. CSR has beaches and hammocks!! POR had the river and boats to DTD.

To be honest, its a very tough comparison. Im not sure I can put my finger on the reasons why I like CSR more but I do. We stayed at CSR in 2010 and it was our first mod. We stayed at POR in Jan 2012 and it became my favorite. Last month we stayed at CSR and now its my fav again. The fact is, id stay at either in a heart beat. There was a tranquility at both. CSR seemed even quieter in tue food areas for sure. We stayed in the cabanas near bus stop 4.

My suggestion, you've stayed at POR, give CSR a chance.
1977 - Disneyland, 1989 - Disneyland, 1994 - WDW All Star Sports, 1995 - WDW Old Key West, 1998 - WDW Holiday Inn Maingate, 1999 - WDW Off Property, 2006 - WDW All Star Movies 2/8 -2/16, 2007 - WDW Pop Century 2/4 - 2/14, 2007- WDW All Star Music 9/11 - 9/17, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies 10/27 - 10/30, 2008 - DCL Disney Wonder 10/20 - 11/2, 2009 - WDW All Star Movies 9/21 - 9/27, 2009 - DCL Disney Wonder 9/27 - 10/1, 2010- WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25, 2010 7nt Estrn Cruise Disney Magic10/23 - 10/30, WDW CSR 10/30 - 11/2, 2012- WDW POR 1/8 - 1/15

Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #283
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abharmagic View Post
What's AAA's offer? Is it better than Disney's????
To be honest, I'm not sure what's all involved because it ends in June and we were booking for July. It might be a straight gift card or it might be just a savings card. It couldn't hurt to call them up and ask what the offer is exactly.

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #284
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post

From the picture of a CSR room dresser - standard room - it looks like either 3 large drawers in the dresser, each with 2 handle pulls ----
OR
Does the CSR standard room dresser have 6 drawers, 2 side by side and 3 rows down ?

Thank you !

For 4 people it would be noce to have the 6 drawers - so everyone can have their own.
I believe it was 6 total.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #285
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Thank you so much on the dresser - 6 drawers are wonderful !
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: