Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #76
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

[QUOTE=Kristibo42;47104312]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristibo42 View Post

I was there a couple of weeks ago and had no problem. If you are nice they are nice to you!!
I pay those outrageous prices for a Deluxe resort, in no small part because of the pool-- my kids are total water rats. But we save at least a year, ususally more than a year, to be able to afford the Deluxe amenities at the Deluxe resorts.

I would be very unhappy to know that "being nice" was all it took for someone who hadn't paid for it to get the lounge chair my kids,my husband or I were unable to get.

Those outrageous prices I pay for a Deluxe resort include those Deluxe pools. Please continue to be nice. But please use the amenities for which you pay, not those for which I pay. Theft of services is not "nice."

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)

Last edited by Aliceacc; 01-06-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #77
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=MelissathePooh;47104447]
Quote:

Then you got away with breaking the rules. It is clearly printed on all resort information as well as at every pool. I'm not usually one to harp on the whole pool hopping thing, but it isn't a matter of being nice - use the pool you pay for. It really isn't anything understated or a wink wink nod nod kind of thing... The rules for sister resorts and DVC are clear and the rules prohibiting pool hopping are more so. Use the pool you've paid for instead of the one paid for by another guest.

Editing - not sure why that attributed to maxiesmom. We all know she would not be a poolhopper

Well said!

What does being nice have to do with pool hopping? I wonder if I am "nice" would they allow my family to stay deluxe for the price of a value (which we always stay in).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #78
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was there a couple of weeks ago and had no problem. If you are nice they are nice to you!!
It's just another example of teaching your kids that the rules don't apply to them, which is a big problem in our society.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #79
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Ride View Post
Have you seen the price of a Porsche lately or even a high end BMW? Have you ever checked out how much it costs to travel first class? How about a 25 year old Scotch or a 60" OLED TV?

There are always people who will pay a lot of money for luxury. I don't believe all of these rooms are filled with discounts only.
You're seriously comparing a Porsche to a Disney "deluxe" room? A Disney deluxe has a nice exterior, lobby, and landscaping. The rooms are no better than a Holiday Inn or at best a Hilton.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #80
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Ok my curiosity got the better of me and I looked at a room at the Poly starting the Sat before Mother day and the MKV was 750 Now the two times I stayed 2009+ 2010 were 4-3free deal and our kids were 1 adult ticket and 2 kids. Now they are two adult tickets. 2010 our 7 nights all inclusive was 4800 2013 with 20% discount rate is 5400. $71 a night more.

I would expect our rates to be higher with another adult MEAL/TICKET plan and a bit higher after 4 yrs. So it might be that Disney is making room rack rates crazy high so packages which have gone up a good bit look like a bargain. My son can easily eat $70 at WdW rates since I just paid full price for food in Nov and know how much they punish those not on dinning plan. so while I would be upset with the increase and might spend time at US its not as bad as I first thought. Plus I always pay with gift cards and get fuel perks at my grocery store. When they double the perks I get 23 cents off 30 gallons of gas for every $50. ($13.80 off every $100) Our cruise we paid everything even taxes and tips with giftcards and got over $700 back in free gas. In this case my real bill would be 4700 . So wdw doesn't get quite as much from me as it thinks

Old 01-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #81
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

We are apparently in the minority on this thread - we love Deluxe! We stayed at Pop on our arrival night this year and were very happy when we moved to Bay Lake Tower the next day.

DH has a great job and we like to put our money toward necessities throughout the year, but for vacations we go all out - neither of us have any bad or expensive habits, so it's a fun splurge for us every year. He also only gets one week of vacation time, on average, so we make it count (two weeks for the first time ever this year - yay!).

DH upgraded us to a two bedroom suite at BLT for our 10 year anniversary on our last trip and that was the best hotel room we've ever had - the room, the service, the view, the location - perfect. It was so nice coming back for a midday break - I always got a relaxing nap while the kids played in their room or DH took them to the pool. At night we would all gather on the balcony and watch Wishes and I wouldn't trade that for anything. But the selling point for us is being able to walk to MK and avoiding Disney transportation at all costs (we loathe depending on the monorail and buses).

It's all relative - we spend a good deal of time in the hotel and we like to spread out and get away from each other now and then, so Deluxe is perfect for our family. We have friends who can't fathom that we pay so much for our Disney trips, but we can't fathom how they put every penny into their choice of spending. To each their own.

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
Old 01-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #82
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleeH View Post
We are apparently in the minority on this thread - we love Deluxe! We stayed at Pop on our arrival night this year and were very happy when we moved to Bay Lake Tower the next day.

DH has a great job and we like to put our money toward necessities throughout the year, but for vacations we go all out - neither of us have any bad or expensive habits, so it's a fun splurge for us every year. He also only gets one week of vacation time, on average, so we make it count (two weeks for the first time ever this year - yay!).

DH upgraded us to a two bedroom suite at BLT for our 10 year anniversary on our last trip and that was the best hotel room we've ever had - the room, the service, the view, the location - perfect. It was so nice coming back for a midday break - I always got a relaxing nap while the kids played in their room or DH took them to the pool. At night we would all gather on the balcony and watch Wishes and I wouldn't trade that for anything. But the selling point for us is being able to walk to MK and avoiding Disney transportation at all costs (we loathe depending on the monorail and buses).

It's all relative - we spend a good deal of time in the hotel and we like to spread out and get away from each other now and then, so Deluxe is perfect for our family. We have friends who can't fathom that we pay so much for our Disney trips, but we can't fathom how they put every penny into their choice of spending. To each their own.
Deluxe is fine. We usually bring 3 -6 guests and stay either in a DVC villa(member-my husband gave me 300 pts. as a gift one year ) or deluxe in 2 rooms. Doesn't mean that Disney's prices aren't high and getting higher.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #83
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleeH View Post

Ain't this the truth. Never tell my family what I spend on anything they don't think anyone deserves delux which is their loss. CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABY IN MAY! I'm a mothersday baby so we tend to go in may to celebrate my bday, mothersday and our aniversay (dh proposed at wdw) all the same week during the flower shower.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #84
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwachter View Post
I love this comment!

Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #85
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Deluxe is fine. We usually bring 3 -6 guests and stay either in a DVC villa(member-my husband gave me 300 pts. as a gift one year ) or deluxe in 2 rooms. Doesn't mean that Disney's prices aren't high and getting higher.
I agree! But with minimum wage going up and up, I always expect Disney prices to go up (as well as any other business). It's not fun, but one of those "death and taxes" type of things that I accept and try not to stress over .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Ain't this the truth. Never tell my family what I spend on anything they don't think anyone deserves delux which is their loss. CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABY IN MAY! I'm a mothersday baby so we tend to go in may to celebrate my bday, mothersday and our aniversay (dh proposed at wdw) all the same week during the flower shower.
Thank you so much! This baby has taken years to conceive, so we are thrilled (and shocked that it wasn't another boy lol!). Mother's Day is 5/12 this year, so it's entirely possible she will be a Mother's Day baby .

Happy early birthday and anniversary!!

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
Old 01-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #86
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
It's just another example of teaching your kids that the rules don't apply to them, which is a big problem in our society.
I disagree with that. Its kinda like Vegas in the 60's and 70's...and even now. As another poster stated....being nice to them...and they may be nice back to you. There is nothing wrong with a wink and a nod. I know alot of folks that use the "10.00" "trick" at check in for a preferred room if its available. The girl or guy behind the desk appreciates it and who knows maybe it works. But, honestly..i don't think getting "special" treatment for the preverbal wink and nod is a bad thing to teach your kids...Thats extreme. Everywhere you go in life....a favour goes a long way. Folks like to "take care" of each other. Even at Disney I mean gosh...I have even gotten a little special treatment or perk at WDW..I.E. upgrades...Be nice, talk to the check in person, ask where their from...be HUMAN and you may just get some back at you. Only, on a Disney forum...would someone think thats a bad thing.

Last edited by alecshawn; 01-06-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #87
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv View Post
Disney is like Kohl's. They jack up the price, so that when they have a sale, it looks like you are getting a great deal
Love it, so true!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #88
sheilanne
Mouseketeer

I completely agree. Stayed at BLT 11-27 and could hardly walk through the Contemporary to get to our room from the monorail because of all the people just "looking" at the resort.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #89
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilanne View Post
I completely agree. Stayed at BLT 11-27 and could hardly walk through the Contemporary to get to our room from the monorail because of all the people just "looking" at the resort.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #90
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilanne View Post
Yeah...thats what folks do....they have since about....1971...I like to enjoy wilderness lodge even if I'm not staying there....no crime...no fuss.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: