Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #16
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney View Post
Do everyone a favor and don't play those silly games. Everyone just wants to eat and watch her open the gifts.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #17
ColoradoDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

I would say you need to start with your mom-to-be and see what she'd like to do at her shower. I had a friend throw a shower for me with my DD, and she really nicely asked what I wanted to do, I said a couples football party. You should have seen the faces of the men as they were coming into the party! Most of the ladies had just told them they had to go to a couples baby shower, they had no idea what was going to happen! We hung out, at some great food, watched football and then opened gifts, it was just what I wanted. Check with your friend before you start planning, she may want a ladies only shower with lots of games, or she may just want something lower key.
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #18
Mom_Rides
DIS Veteran

Best baby shower game ever, buy tiny plastic babies (Party City has them near the shower decor), put baby in ice cube tray and fill with water and freeze. Each guest gets a baby. Tell guests not to touch their baby but to watch their baby closely and when their baby is free of ice, they have to stand up and yell my water broke or I'm in labor. Nothing like granny jumping up saying my water broke. We died laughing!

Our first trip! June 5-11, 2010 @ POR
A short trip just for our Princess! April 17-19, 2012 @ POP
Mom_Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #19
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
We played, "Guess the waist size." We used it as a way for everyone to introduce themselves and tell their relationship to the Mommy-to-be.

Have a roll or two of party streamer. Go around to each guest and have them measure out and then cut or tear a length of the streamer to come as close as possible to the Mom-to-be's waistline. After each guest has their streamer, have the Mom-to-be stand in the middle of the room. Have guest, one at a time, take their streamer up to wrap around the Mom-to-be's waistline, (like a measuring tape.) As each guest goes up to the Mom-to-be, have them introduce themselves to everyone and tell of their relationship or how they know the new Mommy. The winner is the one with the streamer closest to her actual waist size.

My daughter is very petite, barely 100 pounds. Even pregnant, she was a tiny little thing with just a baby bump out front, so this game didn't make her feel self-conscious, and we had a lot of fun. If the new Mom is sensitive about the weight gained, you'd probably want to choose a different game.

At the other shower, we didn't play any games but we had an activity. We bought a bunch of plain white onesies under-shirts in different sizes. We had fabric pens and markers with some fun stencils, and anyone that wanted to, decorated a under-shirt with cute designs and sayings. String a clothes line to hang to dry. They look so cute.

Do you know if she is expecting a boy or girl?
I HATE that game- I think that is the meanest thing ever to do to someone while they are pregnant-- gee lets see what a fat cow you are --not my idea of fun!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #20
diznygirl
I have a symmetry thing
It is always important to know what team the whackjobs are playing for!
It was the wedding with a two-meatball limit

My favorite baby shower location is at the Mom-To-Be's house. Then all her gifts don't have to fit in her car for transport - they are already home.

I second/third the play no games. I like the onesie idea! I wish someone had done that for me. The closest I got was some tye-dyed onesies that were super-adorable.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #21
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
I don't overly mind the games. For a small shower, I think they are tedious and I'd rather not. But I think if there is a very large number of people at the shower, they are good "ice breakers." They get people laughing and paying attention to the other guests. They are good conversation starters between people who might not know each other.

I will tell you about a game my cousin did at a recent shower. It was kind of gross and no one was thrilled about it so, if you see it on Pinterest, avoid it.

She took 6 different disposable diapers and put a candy bar in them. Microwaved them till they melted and then taped them up like a dirty diaper. She then passed them around and we had to open and sniff the diaper and guess which type of candy bar it was: Twix, Almond Joy, Hershey's, etc.

It was surprisingly difficult to guess them, very weird, and some people got queasy.
We did this at my baby shower. The guys did great at this game.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #22
Rylee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgail2 View Post
I HATE that game- I think that is the meanest thing ever to do to someone while they are pregnant-- gee lets see what a fat cow you are --not my idea of fun!
Like I said... If the expectant mother is already sensitive about her weight, don't do it.

Guess my daughter and I didn't mind since we are skinny-minnies and no one could tell it we were pregnant unless we turned sideways. We were all baby.

&

Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: