Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #2176
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkleinbe View Post
I've been trying to wade through all of the information. Thanks for that info. That's rather exciting. Off to call the reservation line to book river view.

Would 38 use the Main Depot?
It would be a good walk maybe 5-6 minutes give or take. It is closer to another depot up there but I always prefer to use the south depot. That's a good choice for buildings not preferred with river view.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #2177
Donald Duck888
Mouseketeer

Well I just booked a royal guest room standard view for the upcoming trip my daughter and I will be taking in May.

I have looked at maps on here and it looks like both buildings that have Royal rooms are pretty close the center. I just want to make sure with those on here that know much more than I do. I ask as my daughter is 6yrs and this will be the first time for her without her stroller.

Also is it safe to assume that the only difference between a garden veiw room and a standard veiw is just that, the view.

DIS Dad # 630
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #2178
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Duck888 View Post
Well I just booked a royal guest room standard view for the upcoming trip my daughter and I will be taking in May.

I have looked at maps on here and it looks like both buildings that have Royal rooms are pretty close the center. I just want to make sure with those on here that know much more than I do. I ask as my daughter is 6yrs and this will be the first time for her without her stroller.

Also is it safe to assume that the only difference between a garden veiw room and a standard veiw is just that, the view.
Standard ones typically are on the backside facing the parking lot. Where ther gardens typically are near beautiful gardens or facing the fountains in the mansions. I would probably at least do a garden view and ask to be close to the fountain in the oak building. PM me if you need any other help.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #2179
waitingfordisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

It's a room that has other more 'minor' disability modifications - such as a visual strobe indicator linked to the fire alarm system (to help deaf guests) or extra support handrails next to the bathtub, etc. But otherwise these rooms have the standard room layout with the curtained-off washroom area, twin sinks, separate tub/toilet room, etc. You probably wouldn't even notice the differences if you were assigned to one.

Hmm, you may be right to be nervous, I think the queen bed Accessible rooms generally don't have connecting doors due to the necessary reconfiguration of the bed positions. I do know that there is one King Bed accessible room that connects to a next-door room, in building 15.

If you don't mind, could you maybe PM me with your lead guest names, booking info/dates and email address, and I'll see if I can find anything out for you.

Andre
Oh my goodness, thank you so much! This will be my first PM here...let me give it a try...
Old 01-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #2180
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Duck888 View Post

I asked a similar question on the last page, but it got caught in the middle of a 'conversation' We booked a Royal Room with a garden view and I'm trying to decide if we should request Oak Manor or Parterre Place based on the building layout differences. Oak Manor looks closer to things, but it also has more garden view rooms on the parking lot side of the building, whereas Parterre Place is a little further, but has most of it's garden view rooms on the river side.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 01-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #2181
Braden's Momma
Mouseketeer

Finally booked!!!!!!!!!

I am sooo excited! I finally booked POR for March 18th-25th. I did not think we were going to be able to go this year due to the price of plane tickets (over $2k for a family of 4 ) and the cost of Disney. Then SW released cheaper tickets and Disney released their new promo and my DH said to book it (we will be arriving on his Bday)! This will be a surprise trip for my 4 yo and 7 yo. Trust me it has been hard keeping it a secret! Here is my plan:
POR - Magnolia Bend - 6 days MYW PH - currently no dining plan but I think we are going to add quick service for the convenience - total cost before plane tickets......$2500 (before dining)! Not bad.....plus we don't rent a car we just use Disney Transportation so we will save money that way.
Can't wait...it has been almost 2 years!

(DH 32) (ME 27) (DS 7) (DD 3)

Annie

1985-1989 -Florida Resident - Multiple Day Trips
2000 - Off Property
2010 (May)- Port Orleans Riverside (Mansions)
2011 (May)- Caribbean Beach - Pirate Room - 1st Trip w/ our son
March 2013 - POR - 1st trip w/ our 4 yo !
Old 01-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #2182
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden's Momma View Post
I am sooo excited! I finally booked POR for March 18th-25th. I did not think we were going to be able to go this year due to the price of plane tickets (over $2k for a family of 4 ) and the cost of Disney. Then SW released cheaper tickets and Disney released their new promo and my DH said to book it (we will be arriving on his Bday)! This will be a surprise trip for my 4 yo and 7 yo. Trust me it has been hard keeping it a secret! Here is my plan:
POR - Magnolia Bend - 6 days MYW PH - currently no dining plan but I think we are going to add quick service for the convenience - total cost before plane tickets......$2500 (before dining)! Not bad.....plus we don't rent a car we just use Disney Transportation so we will save money that way.
Can't wait...it has been almost 2 years!
I am replying to your PM now.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #2183
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

We are thinking about staying in a Royal room with a river view. After having stayed at POR quite a few times, I'm having a hard time imagining how good of a view of the river you would actually have. Has anyone stayed river view and think its worth it?

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

Old 01-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #2184
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfor4
We are thinking about staying in a Royal room with a river view. After having stayed at POR quite a few times, I'm having a hard time imagining how good of a view of the river you would actually have. Has anyone stayed river view and think its worth it?
That is a good question!! I'm wondering this too as I'm thinking of booking it for our trip in December!!

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 01-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #2185
Braden's Momma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

I am replying to your PM now.
Thanks!

(DH 32) (ME 27) (DS 7) (DD 3)

Annie

1985-1989 -Florida Resident - Multiple Day Trips
2000 - Off Property
2010 (May)- Port Orleans Riverside (Mansions)
2011 (May)- Caribbean Beach - Pirate Room - 1st Trip w/ our son
March 2013 - POR - 1st trip w/ our 4 yo !
Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #2186
delilah18
Mouseketeer

Hello

Is there room at all in the royal room to put an air mattress?
If so where would it fit?
we stayed in at AOA last time in LM room and my son slept in a pack n play and I felt we had enough room. He is too big for this option now.
In pics the royal rooms look very small

AoA LM 2012
POR RR 2013

Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #2187
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfor4 View Post
Well I kinda like the view. This one was from Oak Manor from memory. Watching the boats and horse-drawn carriages go past in the evening was nice.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #2188
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingfordisney View Post
Oh my goodness, thank you so much! This will be my first PM here...let me give it a try...
Thanks, got it, I'll make some enquiries for you.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #2189
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden's Momma View Post
Thanks!
Replied to your PM sorry got distracted at work resolving a Guest's Complaint.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #2190
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Hello

Is there room at all in the royal room to put an air mattress?
If so where would it fit?
we stayed in at AOA last time in LM room and my son slept in a pack n play and I felt we had enough room. He is too big for this option now.
In pics the royal rooms look very small
Well you may be able to try, but how many occupants would be in the room? The most the system will allow in the Royal Rooms is four occupants. They Have queen beds in there now so plenty of room.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: